HA/KS 05-Oct-17
Woods Walker 05-Oct-17
Salagi 05-Oct-17
HA/KS 05-Oct-17
DL 05-Oct-17
AZOnecam 05-Oct-17
05-Oct-17

DL's Link
That's the only acceptable response for what this teacher did. In today's world she ought to be sued. If she isn't fired sue the school district. If those kids bullied other students they would be in trouble.

05-Oct-17
Absolutely FIRE HER!

And then fire Sybil as well, because as he admitted here, he was indoctrinating students at his school in leftist ideology..

05-Oct-17
I cannot say as I am on a public forum...

05-Oct-17
If he were my son she would dread parent/teacher day as would the administration and school board.

05-Oct-17
SMH. I'd be in jail right now if my kid went to that school. That I promise

05-Oct-17
She needs to be fired.

05-Oct-17
"Would love to see Trump tweet "You're fired!" to her!"

Absolutely NOT! The feds need to stay entirely out of this.

. OTOH, the people of the community need to rise up and make sure that this teacher never again enters a classroom anywhere that they have a say.

05-Oct-17
If that were my son I'd probably be in jail right now because I'd park myself at the doorway of that school and I wouldn't leave until that teacher was canned.

I attended a public school in the 50's and 60's. Most all the teachers I had were either WWII/Korea vets or had one as their spouse. You STOOD, you SALUTED, and you DAMN sure didn't talk or act up when they said the pledge or sung the anthem. I guess things have changed.

05-Oct-17
If this was flipped around backwards and she condemned the students that didn't stand and didn't discipline the students that called them names, how many of you would praise her instead of calling for her firing? Just think about that and honestly answer it to yourself.

I do believe she was way out of line and I hope the community and the school care enough to take her to task for this. If the community feels as strongly about this as they should, her contract should not be renewed at the very least. She will not be effective there but hopefully will rethink her position, (I am an optimist, OK)

For the record, we say the pledge every morning at school and I proudly stand. I have had students (not many) that wouldn't stand in years past mostly for religious reasons some because they had issues. I never forced them to stand and never belittled them although I will admit the ones that had issues (or were too lazy to stand) I really wanted to cuff up side of the head. I am the teacher that is the onsite coordinator for the Veteran's Assembly we have every year, and one of the three that was asked to raise the flag during the assembly on Flag Day. I will also admit that I have talked to the students about the importance of the flag while trying to be as non-political as possible.

05-Oct-17
Agreed, Salagi. And thank you!

05-Oct-17
Back in the 80s when my kids were in grade school they didn't have an American flag or a pledge of allegiance in our kids class rooms. So my wife wanted to know why. Well the principal was a Marxist and had hand picked all the anti American teachers. So she did some research and found that all class rooms were to have an American in them and each morning they were to recite the pledge or do a patriotic observance. When it didn't happen she wrote a letter to editor. School board got involved as well as the American Legion. Principal decided every morning kids were to stand at the flag pole and recite the pledge

05-Oct-17
Is this where our country is? Is this our future? I just can't believe we've turned so far that having American values and pride has become synonymous with racism and hatred. Further that anyone who doesn't go along, whether they're a successful adult or just a child, gets pushed into a corner and belittled for standing for our flag.

Sad, sad day for those of us who love our country, honor those who have given so much for her and hoped for the prosperity right there for our kids and grandkids to enjoy seems to be slipping away.

• Sitka Gear