Jim in Ohio 10-Oct-17
Irishman 10-Oct-17
PECO 10-Oct-17
PECO 10-Oct-17
06-Oct-17
Hey, I like DM.

Damn kids! :-)

06-Oct-17
Uncle Ted should already be in the RR hall of fame. I could see Judas Priest and Moody Blues. The rest of the list no.

06-Oct-17
Who the heck is Kate’s Bush?

The first rock concert I ever went to was Bob Jovi when his 7800 Fahrenheit album came out. I think I was 13 at the time. I still listen to the J Geils Band some.

06-Oct-17
Don't know about Kate's......But Gwen traded hers in on a Shelton pony.

Ha!

06-Oct-17
Sorry but Depeche Mode was one of the top alternative bands from the 80s.

Nugent's kiddie problems are probably what's going to keep him out. I don't blame them. He was a 30+ yo man sleeping with girls (17 and younger). Can't let that one slide....

06-Oct-17
The R&R Hall of Fame would be pretty small if they had issues with letting things slide.

06-Oct-17

Woods Walker's Link
Right Sage......it'll keep Nugent out but not Chuck Berry. I guess Nuge is the wrong color.

Chuck Berry spent 20 months in prison for violating the Mann Act with a 14 year old girl, and he was inducted in 1986.

06-Oct-17
Ted's songs just ain't good enough. Sorry, MHO. Heck of a guitar player, though.

06-Oct-17
A lot od great bands/ groups there! B.J, J.P. D.M. Uncle T, Rage!!!! Dire Straights! Hell induct them all, who cares.

06-Oct-17
Look how long it took for Deep Purple to get inducted. The R&RHOF is a complete joke.

06-Oct-17
At least we heard of Depeche Mode. Who the hell is Link Wray and The Meters? LL Cool J may have had two or three songs but Hall of Fame material? Hell no

06-Oct-17
Moody Blues should have been in there long ago.

I could certainly see the case for Sister Rosetta Tharpe!

From the list...Judas Priest, the Cars, and Dire Straits.

The rest...I don't see it!

06-Oct-17
This is why he is not in!

Ted on 6/6/2017.

"There are 30,000 gun related deaths per year by firearms, and this number is not disputed. U.S. population 324,059,091 as of Wednesday, June 22, 2016. Do the math: 0.000000925% of the population dies from gun related actions each year. Statistically speaking, this is insignificant! What is never told, however, is a breakdown of those 30,000 deaths, to put them in perspective as compared to other causes of death:

• 65% of those deaths are by suicide which would never be prevented by gun laws • 15% are by law enforcement in the line of duty and justified • 17% are through criminal activity, gang and drug related or mentally ill persons – gun violence • 3% are accidental discharge deaths

So technically, "gun violence" is not 30,000 annually, but drops to 5,100. Still too many? Well, first, how are those deaths spanned across the nation? • 480 homicides (9.4%) were in Chicago • 344 homicides (6.7%) were in Baltimore • 333 homicides (6.5%) were in Detroit • 119 homicides (2.3%) were in Washington D.C. (a 54% increase over prior years)

So basically, 25% of all gun crime happens in just 4 cities. All 4 of those cities have strict gun laws, so it is not the lack of law that is the root cause.

This basically leaves 3,825 for the entire rest of the nation, or about 75 deaths per state. That is an average because some States have much higher rates than others. For example, California had 1,169 and Alabama had 1.

Now, who has the strictest gun laws by far? California, of course, but understand, so it is not guns causing this. It is a crime rate spawned by the number of criminal persons residing in those cities and states. So if all cities and states are not created equally, then there must be something other than the tool causing the gun deaths.

Are 5,100 deaths per year horrific? How about in comparison to other deaths? All death is sad and especially so when it is in the commission of a crime but that is the nature of crime. Robbery, death, rape, assault all is done by criminals and thinking that criminals will obey laws is ludicrous. That's why they are criminals.

But what about other deaths each year? • 40,000+ die from a drug overdose–THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR THAT! • 36,000 people die per year from the flu, far exceeding the criminal gun deaths • 34,000 people die per year in traffic fatalities(exceeding gun deaths even if you include suicide)

Now it gets good: • 200,000+ people die each year (and growing) from preventable medical errors. You are safer in Chicago than when you are in a hospital!

• 710,000 people die per year from heart disease. It’s time to stop the double cheeseburgers! So what is the point? If Obama and the anti-gun movement focused their attention on heart disease, even a 10% decrease in cardiac deaths would save twice the number of lives annually of all gun-related deaths (including suicide, law enforcement, etc.). A 10% reduction in medical errors would be 66% of the total gun deaths or 4 times the number of criminal homicides......Simple, easily preventable 10% reductions!

So you have to ask yourself, in the grand scheme of things, why the focus on guns? It's pretty simple.: Taking away guns gives control to governments.

The founders of this nation knew that regardless of the form of government, those in power may become corrupt and seek to rule as the British did by trying to disarm the populace of the colonies. It is not difficult to understand that a disarmed populace is a controlled populace.

Thus, the second amendment was proudly and boldly included in the U.S. Constitution. It must be preserved at all costs.

So the next time someone tries to tell you that gun control is about saving lives, look at these facts and remember these words from Noah Webster: "Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword, because the whole body of the people are armed and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops that can be, on any pretense, raised in the United States. A military force at the command of Congress can execute no laws, but such as the people perceive to be just and constitutional; for they will possess the power."

Remember, when it comes to "gun control," the important word is “control," not “gun.""

06-Oct-17
Depeche Mode??? I never heard of that. Sounds like another craft beer.

09-Oct-17
Hell it only took how many years for Deep Purple and Rush to get in... And Deep Purple war the first hard rock band...

10-Oct-17
I'll take Rage Against the Machine and Judas Priest and give the field.

10-Oct-17
LL Cool J put out some great rock and roll albums?

10-Oct-17
Will not give Ted a time a day, saw him on TV calling anyone that doesn't bait a punk, this punk tuned him out. I'd seen him shortly after discharge from the Navy in 73 in Marshalltown,Ia. and he was falling down all over the stage playing and then comes out and say he never was high while playing, maybe it was Ia. alfalfa that was causing the stumbling.

10-Oct-17
Never heard of any of those noise makers.

10-Oct-17
I think you are inducted based on your music, and let's face it Ted wasn't very good. He is kind of fun to listen to when he is on TV, but from a music point of view, he really wasn't that successful. People like Radiohead, Depeche Mode, The Cars, Moody Blues, Dire Straits, Bon Jovi are all way, way more successful bands.

10-Oct-17
Ted Rocks! Those of you who say he is not good, why, because he did not put out cheesy POP songs so he can have more hits on the radio? Ted is a hard core rocker, not a cheesy pop artist. Ted also stayed true to his roots. He did not become a bra and move to Cali. I saw him when he was with the Dam Yankees, it was a great show. I do not believe him when he says he never drank or did drugs.

10-Oct-17
Depeche Mode, kate Bush=boring. Cars=yes but rock stars? Dire Straights, Judas Priest, J. Giels hell yeah!

• Sitka Gear