Woods Walker 09-Oct-17
Gray Ghost 09-Oct-17
Woods Walker 09-Oct-17
Brotsky 09-Oct-17
HA/KS 09-Oct-17
Glunt@work 09-Oct-17
07-Oct-17

Woods Walker's Link
" — A handwritten note in the hotel room of Las Vegas shooter Stephen Paddock contained calculations pertaining to the distance and trajectory from his window on the 32nd floor to the festival crowd below, according to a law enforcement source with knowledge of the investigation."

We need to stop teaching math. If he couldn't do math he wouldn't have been able to shoot all those people. At the end of the day, we need to have a conversation about common sense, comprehensive legislation to control math violence. The NEA is complicit in this!

And we DAMN sure need to ban calculators! They are the machine guns of the math world.

08-Oct-17
Saw this also...60 Minutes tomorrow nite will have the Officers involved with entering his room...

08-Oct-17
Ban the NEA!

08-Oct-17
Ban the NEA!

09-Oct-17
If he went to Cabelas he could buy a range finder that calculates all the stuff he was doing on paper. My cousin was looking at one, very expensive, that would show him the exact distance from his tree stand to a deer. I told him my 20 year old range finder was just fine for bowhunting. I don't care if it is two inches off at 20 yards, my Jak Hammers would still kill the deer if I was off by two inches.

09-Oct-17
Well then, we need to BAN them too!

09-Oct-17
I still would like to know exactly what he was calculating on that "note". Most shooters know the true ballistic range (TBR) is simply the horizontal distance to the target. Paddock could have paced that off on the ground ahead of time. Or, as mentioned, used a range finder with the TBR function, which almost all new models have. He could have shot from a mile in the air, and the TBR would have been the same, which was about 400 yards from what I've read.

Windage is different story, but I doubt his "note" was windage calcs. Why would you calculate windage when you plan to spray and pray?

The more that comes out on this, the more questions I have.

Matt

09-Oct-17
"The more that comes out on this, the more questions I have."

X2. LOTS of questions.

09-Oct-17
Unless of course his intention was to pick off the first responders once they started attending to the wounded. Then the calculations would be very handy indeed. We have no idea what this maniac was thinking. Unfortunately we'll never know.

09-Oct-17
Unless he was radicalized by association with a group or organization, it does not matter what he was thinking.

09-Oct-17
Yep. Hopefully whatever twisted idea or motive there was died with him.

• Sitka Gear