Shuteye 12-Dec-17
JL 12-Dec-17
Shuteye 13-Dec-17
SJJ 13-Dec-17
SJJ 13-Dec-17
Annony Mouse 13-Dec-17
Corn bore 17-Dec-17
25-Oct-17
Guys, I need to know about trail cam flash. I live in a section of the national forest in Missouri and have already lost one portable stand and climbing stick. I found another place to put a new stand but not if I am going to loose it again. What trail cam can I put up that no one will know is there. I mean no flash and quiet. And it needs to be under $150. I just want to know if anyone is coming in the area.

25-Oct-17
Browning makes good trail cams, Moultrie. Stealth and Cabela all have good trail cams. Just make sure it has black light flash. Do not get a low glow. I have them all and they all take good pictures and video. You can easily get a cam for less than $150. The Browning is the most expensive one I have and it is great.

25-Oct-17
we have buying the Moultrie's by the dozen and putting them out all fall. It's hard to go through all the pics you get out of a bunch of them up at the same time but it does provide afternoon entertainment at camp.

25-Oct-17
Straight Arrow, I have five out right now. I carry spare cards and just change cards and check the pictures on my computer. Foxes, coons, possums, squirrels and deer.

25-Oct-17
Does putting them up high in trees work for game activity?

25-Oct-17
You don't want them high, about 3 feet off the ground is about right. Most have a laser light that you can install the camera and walk by the camera. When the light flashes you ae in the camera's range. This allows you to place the camera in the right place. Then turn the button to take pictures. You can normally set the camera to take from 1 to several pictures quickly. You can set it to wait a determined amount of time before it will take more pictures.

11-Dec-17
What is the difference between No Glow and Infrared?

11-Dec-17
kbbgood, you would be far better off putting this on the BG (Big Game Forum). I don't run trail cams, so I am not much help, but there are tons of guys over there that do.

11-Dec-17

Scrappy's embedded Photo
Scrappy's embedded Photo
Scrappy's embedded Photo
Scrappy's embedded Photo
Scrappy's embedded Photo
Scrappy's embedded Photo
Scrappy's embedded Photo
Scrappy's embedded Photo
Trail cams do work well putting them up high. Take one climbing stick with you. 10 foot off the ground takes them out of the line of sight for deer and thieves. I dont use them much but i have th Browning no flash cameras.

11-Dec-17
I bought another Browning Spec PS today and I think they are great cameras. I take video with mine and they just do a great job. All of my cameras are IR cameras except one low glow. The low glow can be seen by hunters at night but the IR cameras can't be seen at night.

11-Dec-17

Shuteye's Link
This will give you and idea of what a Browning Video looks like. I have bigger and better but this one will do for now.

11-Dec-17

'Ike' (Phone)'s embedded Photo
'Ike' (Phone)'s embedded Photo
Another happy Browning user, both the 5 & 6 HD models...

12-Dec-17
It's sad that we have folks with such poor character hunting in the woods.

12-Dec-17
TGbow, I have lost climbing stands, hang on stands and a two man ladder stand. All were on private property. The two man ladder stand wasn't stolen by a single individual, there had to be at least two people steal it. I now have trail cameras everywhere and all, except one, are IR black light cams. I told a logger to please refrain from taking a leak in front of my cam that was taking video. His helper got a big laugh out of that. I told the helper that I thought he said he had quit smoking and he and the logger got a kick out of that.

12-Dec-17
You can get lock boxes for the cam that helps deter theft but if they really want it they are going to get it.

12-Dec-17

JL's Link
This is a new Moultrie s50i vid. IMO they take the best vids of any cam out there. The only knock (a big one!) is they take 12 batteries and go thru them quick. I mentioned that to my Moultrie contact. I have mine hooked up to a Moultrie 12v solar panel that will run the cam and save the batteries. I'm still doing my own field testing in cold weather to see how they hold up to the cold. Could be good...could be bad....we'll see. If a cam has any weak links or problems the cold weather will bring them out.

12-Dec-17
I have four Moultrie trail cams, a Stealth Cam, a Cabela's cam and two Browning trail cams. I prefer the Browning's ease of set up, operation and pictures. The way the Browning opens up to get to the card is great, it is just one big latch. After you program what you want it to do it is just off and on switch, not different settings on a single switch.

12-Dec-17
The new s50i is a single latch. Much better than the double latches. The camo is much more subdued too....which is good. My M-990i's camo screams "steal me".

12-Dec-17
once the trespasser knows they are on camera the almost have to steal the thing.....best thing is to camouflage them with natural things found around the site.

13-Dec-17

Shuteye's embedded Photo
Shuteye's embedded Photo
Sing a song of sixpence, pocket full of rye, four and twenty blackbirds baked in a pie. You could make a bunch of pies from this flock.

13-Dec-17
do away with the strap and make a screw in rig...set it up above typical line of sight. My Bushnell E3's work great. They can be higher than 3 feet for sure....as high as you can reach or more if you take a couple screw in steps

13-Dec-17
do away with the strap and make a screw in rig...set it up above typical line of sight. My Bushnell E3's work great. They can be higher than 3 feet for sure....as high as you can reach or more if you take a couple screw in steps

13-Dec-17
While not directly related to this thread, an interesting article was found on my daily blog-jog(link). Evidentially, the source of a digital photo can be linked to an individual smart phone...allowing authorities to link photos to a specific phone. Every phone is different having microscopic imaging flaws regardless of model or manufacturer.

One might infer that these imaging flaws can also be identified with trail cams. A lot of images posted on the internet contain meta data which often can provide location. If this camera linking ability becomes widespread, I can see someone (here's a moneymaker for someone who writes apps) providing software that would allow the casual user to identify images posted from stolen trail cams.

17-Dec-17
Do away with the strap and replace with a piece of wire it will reduce visibility of the camera very substantially.

• Sitka Gear