sundowner 30-Oct-17
Whitey 30-Oct-17
Sixby 30-Oct-17
Woods Walker 30-Oct-17
Thumper 30-Oct-17
Annony Mouse 31-Oct-17
BIG BEAR 31-Oct-17
29-Oct-17
Never thought I'd see the day when the NFL became the National Football League Of Snowflakes. Protesting the National Anthem has nothing to do with this owner's comments.

Most Texans kneel during national anthem to protest owner's 'inmate' comments Jay Busbee Shutdown CornerOctober 29, 2017

The Houston Texans, incensed by owner Bob McNair’s poorly worded description of players as “inmates,” staged a mass protest during the national anthem prior to Houston’s game against the Seattle Seahawks.

Virtually all Texans knelt for the anthem, locking arms or holding hands on the sideline. National media in attendance put the number of players standing at about 10.

At the NFL owners’ meetings last week, McNair had expressed frustration with the way that the protest had affected the NFL’s business, and said, “We can’t have the inmates running the prison.” He apologized on at least two occasions for that unfortunate turn of phrase, but players were not convinced. Receiver DeAndre Hopkins left the Texans’ facility on Friday after learning of the comments. Houston Texans players kneel and stand during the singing of the national anthem before an NFL football game against the Seattle Seahawks, Sunday, Oct. 29, 2017, in Seattle. (AP Photo/Elaine Thompson) Houston Texans players kneel and stand during the singing of the national anthem Sunday. (AP Photo/Elaine Thompson)

The Texans had discussed several options for protest prior to Sunday’s game, including kneeling, sitting, remaining in the locker room during the anthem or peeling the Texans’ logo off their helmets. Clearly, the protest was large, one of the most significant by any single team to date, but not unanimous.

Across the field, several Seahawks players continued to sit for the anthem, as they have done all season:

Seahawks defensive line again sat for anthem. pic.twitter.com/5q8GGuS37j

— Bob Condotta (@bcondotta) October 29, 2017

Related Searches Houston Texans Owner CommentsHouston Texans Owner Bob McnairTexans OwnerPanthers Kneeling During National Anthem

This marked the first time any Texans players had protested during the anthem. Offensive tackle Duane Brown had raised a fist last season, the only demonstration the Texans had shown since protests began in the 2016 preseason.

On Friday, Brown called McNair’s comments “embarrassing, ignorant and frustrating.”

29-Oct-17
Well, psychologically, we follow sports because they are microcosms of society. And now the participants are so ungrateful and "victimized" as to become unwatchable. Microcosm...

29-Oct-17
I don't support the players taking a knee but that was a pretty stupid thing for an owner to say....

29-Oct-17
The irony of it all is kinda funny. Those who are complaining that it is their constitutional right to free speech to take a knee in protest (of what...so few can explain except I’m betting it is the “feel good” thing to do), are complaining about one of the team owners utilizing his constitutional right to free speech. You just can’t make this crap up. They all just need to shut up and get to work. The only game I used to watch (parts of) on a weekly basis was the Detroit Lions.

You all have no idea the humiliation that comes with being a Lions fan (hometown pride). Cut ties to the whole league on week two this year, and ain’t ever going back. No different than the NHL and MLB of years past and their stupid strikes and walkouts. I said years ago that I’ve got better things to do than watch a grown man play a game. They just helped make the decision much easier.

29-Oct-17
I just look at it as a common, often used metaphor. Because the owner used it, the players protest the National Anthem?? I'm not seeing the relationship.

29-Oct-17
It's not the anthem they're protesting for the thousandth time. Oh never mind. No use putting water in a bucket full of holes.

29-Oct-17
OK....I'll adjust what I'm trying to convey. What they're doing is intentionally using the National Anthem as the vehicle to push their political agenda....or in this case their hurt feelings. In that context....that is not protesting the NA, but it is being disrespectful to it and the folks who fought to keep it. The optics indicate they are protesting the NA.

29-Oct-17
Most of them are just gangbangers who can run fast and who aren't in jail.....yet.

Many of them can't even speak coherently and if it weren't for their athletic skills they'd be unemployable. They're basically carnies with muscles who can run and jump.

30-Oct-17
I keep hearing that it’s not about the military or patriotism but yet they pick the one common patriotic act that most of Americans do no matter what their political stand is. They have chosen to crap on something that most Americans find offensive. Here’s a thought. After every game there is a news conference. Stand up and express your objections there be either verbally stating how you feel or refuse to talk to the media. Oh that won’t work because they will get fined. They want to protest but don’t want to pay any of their millions out.

30-Oct-17
WW: "Most of them are just gangbangers who can run fast and who aren't in jail.....yet."

Absolute truth right there.

And a lot of them have been in jail. The arrest record among NFL players is well above the national average for their peer/age group.

I wish the NFL would go away. Just go away.

30-Oct-17
They are expressing their 1st amendment rights by protesting someone else expressing their 1st amendment right. They all had a free education handed to them but it appears they took a knee on that as well

30-Oct-17
Last year the Ohio quarterback said he did not come to school to get an education but to play football. I believe that many of these NFL players did same. I have not heard one of them articulate their problem yet except to point at police violence and facts show no more and possibly less police violence toward blacks than other ethnicities. After all, police know they are under the strongest scrutiny when its police on black violence.

God bless, Steve

30-Oct-17
"I have not heard one of them articulate their problem yet......."

That's because for most of them "communication" is basically a series of incomprehensible grunts mixed with ebonics. It's just not cool to speak "white".....numsayin'dawg, wassup?

30-Oct-17
Well, Brown was traded to Seattle this morning , draining the prison......:)

NFL revenue is going to take a major hit over their dumb-ass millionaire players taking a knee during the national anthem. What McNair actually said was, “We can’t have gang-bangers running the NFL.”

31-Oct-17
Hee hee...

Congressman Matt Gaetz Seeks to Eliminate Special Tax Abatements For the NFL

HomeUncategorizedCongressman Matt Gaetz Seeks to Eliminate Special Tax Abatements For the NFL Congressman Matt Gaetz Seeks to Eliminate Special Tax Abatements For the NFL

The NFL really stepped on their own Kaepernick, didn’t they?

They put themselves, unnecessarily, in the “wrong side of history” spotlight, and now their gravy train is possibly in jeopardy.

They get stadiums built for them at taxpayer expense, then they sell you a 10 dollar hotdog and pocket the money.

As the congressman said, their tax breaks would be better served going directly to Walter Reed hospital.

Why it took this incident- the kowtowing of owners and the league and its deranged SJWs who insist blacks don’t have civil rights and that America is simply a downright nasty place- to have congress correct this tax injustice is its own injustice. But at least it is possibly happening now.

I hope the owners pass these losses along to the moron players who know more about dreadlocks than they do Dred Scott.

31-Oct-17
"Boxcall" Dan over on the Leatherwall had some kids dressed as football players trick or treating, take a knee next to his flag in his front yard.... He told them to get the hell off his yard, they aren't getting any candy from him...........

• Sitka Gear