NvaGvUp 05-Nov-17
Shuteye 06-Nov-17
OkieJ 06-Nov-17
Shuteye 06-Nov-17
Shuteye 06-Nov-17
OkieJ 06-Nov-17
Shuteye 06-Nov-17
03-Nov-17
Guys, what is your most confortable tree stand? I have a Loc-on Super Spirit and like it but not for long. I want one I can stay in all day long. Needs to be rated 350lb. I'm not a kid.

03-Nov-17
I agree with K Cummings. The Double ladder stands are my favorite. Sometimes I go in the woods before light and come out after dark. In a double ladder stand you have plenty of room for eating lunch and laying grunt calls, binoculars, camera and other stuff right where you can reach them. On all my ladder stands I have adjustable hang on hooks also. Of course it is easy for me since I own the woods where I hunt and leave the stands up. Ladder stands are so much easier than climbers once you have them up. I also have bought ladder stands right after the season when the price drops.

03-Nov-17

Shuteye's embedded Photo
Shuteye's embedded Photo
It is is raining or real cold I use this ground blind. It has a comfortable chair, a heater and a small propane stove. Nope, I don't brush it in and many times have had deer and turkeys so close that I could reach out and touch. I keep it up so the animals get used to it before hunting season. Have killed many many deer and squirrels from this blind location. When bow hunting I sometimes take an air rifle and have killed dozens of squirrels from there. Can shoot right through the mesh when it is up.

I am 5'10" tall and can easily stand up in the blind. This is the third blind I have had in this location. I have left other up until a tree fell on them. I have now Cut down any trees that could fall on it and am not worried about the Beech right next to it. The first thing I do is spray the whole blind with that water proof spray to make sure there are no leaks in the seams, especially the roof. If we have heavy snow I have gone to the blind at 2 AM to clear it off the roof. Have had them cave in but the new ones with carbon rods can normally be popped back up with no broken rods.

03-Nov-17
Shuteye, a length of 1 1/2” pvc with end caps should be plenty to support for the roofs center hub to keep from collapse.

These days I prefer to sleep all night. :-)

05-Nov-17
What do you guys use for chairs in your blinds. I have those small foldup chairs with the pouches under them, but they make for a miserable day after a few hours. And those lawn chairs of today have arms in the way for bow hunting. Haven't figured out what else to use.

05-Nov-17
Joey, I have Stands that support huge Speakers for music. They are powder coated aluminum and adjustable. When heavy snow is projected I just put one in the middle of the blind and put a cut off Gatorade bottle over the shaft and raise it up. The stand legs will fold up and doesn't take hardly any room when not in use. Now I don't have to go to the blinds anymore during a snow storm until just before daylight.

05-Nov-17
kbbgood, the stool that Double Bull used to sell was great but so darn expensive. I like the chairs that swivel. I sometimes stand up to shoot from a ground blind so the arms on a chair aren't a problem. One thing that is often overlooked is clean the ground really good inside the blind. You can move your chair or move around quietly. You can have a swivel stool for the first couple of hours and then open up a comfortable chair for the middle of the day. But then, I am in my own woods and can leave my blind set up for the whole season. I even have a rodent proof box to keep snacks.

05-Nov-17
It was either Gander Mt or Dunham's that had a nice, stout blind chair that swiveled.

05-Nov-17
I wish they would make a swivel stool that was about a foot taller. I will check Cabelas in a couple of weeks. I want a new one.

05-Nov-17
I agree with Kevin on the Double Bull chairs.

They are very comfortable and to stretch out, I just lean back to get the front leg off the ground and straighten my legs out.

Most chairs would break down if you did that, but not the Double Bull chair. It also folds up nicely and has a shoulder strap for carrying it.

06-Nov-17
My Double Bull Chair did not stand up to a red oak tree crashing through my Double Bull. The Double Bull did not survive it either. I now double check all trees before setting up my newest blind.

06-Nov-17
I like a 6 gal. bucket with a swivel seat lid. I can put snacks and other things in it to keep away from the mice when I leave it there.

06-Nov-17
Okiej, I have two of them I use when fishing. Keep my camera and snacks in one and carry out the white perch in the other.

06-Nov-17
K Cummings, I am headed to Cabelas this morning. That chair is $29 and I think I am going to get one. I like the triangle shape and no arms.

06-Nov-17
Shuteye, we use them during dove season and fishing here. The 6 gal. little bit of extra height makes a lot of difference for me to be able to stand up if I need to compared to the 5 gal.

06-Nov-17
I got a chair but it cost $79. it will swivel 360 degrees and is very sturdy. Can't wait to get it to a ground blind.

• Sitka Gear