Rocky 11-Nov-17
Gray Ghost 11-Nov-17
Shuteye 11-Nov-17
SB 11-Nov-17
Joey Ward 11-Nov-17
11-Nov-17

Shuteye's embedded Photo
Shuteye's embedded Photo
Jeff used to live pretty close to me but has since moved out West. His mom and dad are just down the road from where I live. This is what Jeff's leg looked like 17 days ago. He was cutting a huge Red Oak and it snapped off hitting his leg. It bruised his leg very badly and they had to open it up and clean it up. He has had a bunch of skin graft surgery and hopes to get out of the hospital soon. Jeff can shoot a bow better than the majority of people can shoot a rifle.

11-Nov-17
Good God, that's looks horrible!!

I've shot with Jeff in 3D tournaments. You are correct, he's one helluva archer.

I wish him a speedy recovery.

Matt

11-Nov-17
Gray Ghost my wife and I used to visit his shop and he had mounted animals from wall to wall that he killed with his bow. You can't imagine some of the huge bucks and stags he killed. He can tune your bow real well also. He made me a sight that was years ahead of anything you could buy in a store.

11-Nov-17
K Cummings I think that was the problem, the bone was not broken. Jeff was seven times world champion 3D shooter. That was seven consecutive years.

11-Nov-17
God's speed in his recovery. The only thing I ever seen that was similar was my brother in laws motorcycle accident. Eerrily similar and no broken bones. Loooong recovery and many op's. Back up riding again though. Hope all goes well.

The Rock

11-Nov-17
I used to shoot at a range where several world class spot archers practiced. I enjoyed 3D more than spots, but I could hold my own in both games. A few of the spot shooters had real arrogant attitudes, claiming a top 3D shooter could never win in their sport. I always said, "if you can shoot, you can shoot, regardless of the game."

That year Jeff Hopkins won the Vegas spot competition, after dominating the 3D circuit all year. Those mouthy spot shooters were awfully quiet after that. LOL.

Matt

11-Nov-17
Gray Ghost, I stood right next to Jeff one night shooting spots. The place went crazy. He had a perfect score and all X's. He had to autograph the targets for a bystander. You can have all 10's but to have all X's just amazed us.

11-Nov-17
Had that done to my left hand and wrist last fall. Just getting to where I can draw a bow again! (Left handed)

11-Nov-17

Joey Ward's embedded Photo
Joey Ward's embedded Photo
Here’s Dad’s with wound vacuum hooked up.

I feel for your friend because it’s long healing process. But dads back to walking 3 miles a day after year.

Now for cataract surgery. :-(

• Sitka Gear