BIG BEAR 14-Nov-17
greg simon 14-Nov-17
Thumper 14-Nov-17
Salagi 14-Nov-17
Fulldraw1972 14-Nov-17
14-Nov-17

Shuteye's embedded Photo
Shuteye's embedded Photo
My neighbor, Craig Hastings, got this picture in his back yard on Trail cam. I had an opportunity for a shot on the last day of the season last year. I didn't shoot because it was pretty late and there was some branches in the way. I could probably have made the shot but I didn't want to cripple him. There is also a non typical nearly as large. I normally just hunt mature does but wouldn't pass this buck up.

14-Nov-17
Anyone who would pass that deer up is not normal! I do applaud you for holding off because you weren't 100% sure of the shot. That's tough to do, especially on a deer like that one, but it's definitely part of the hunt.

14-Nov-17
I'd let him grow for another year...8^)

14-Nov-17
If he gave me a shot I'd take him.

14-Nov-17
What's your address, Lex?

;o)

14-Nov-17
The antlers are nice, but geez that deer is a tank. I bet he waddles.

14-Nov-17
I have killed over 200 deer and included some nice bucks. I have never had one mounted. If I got lucky enough to kill this one I may get him mounted. I have been hunting him for two years and have passed a bunch of lesser bucks. I have shot big does with nice bucks right there. I am more interested in my freezer and not antlers but this one is different. I am allowed two bucks but normally only shoot one or none. Meat hunter me.

14-Nov-17
A deer with antlers half that size is a shooter...

14-Nov-17
With the extremely limited time I get to hunt anymore, if they EXIST and they present a shot I'm 100% sure of I take it!

14-Nov-17
Wow, is he a piebald?

14-Nov-17
I'd shoot one of HIS sperms if it came swimming by.

14-Nov-17
No comment Joey..........Ha !!

14-Nov-17
Na, weak brow tines...you can do better. In your dreams!!!

14-Nov-17
Needs just one more year.....:)

14-Nov-17
I've let good bucks walk while waiting on does because I too am more concerned with the freezer aspect than I am the wall hanging. That said, I would pass up a dozen tender yearlings for a crack at that buck. Wow.

14-Nov-17
Nice buck. I would be shooting for sure. He is mature for sure. That’s what gets me going on big bucks. The big rack on top is an added bonus. He looks to be over 5.5.

• Sitka Gear