SB 21-Nov-17
HA/KS 21-Nov-17
DL 21-Nov-17
sleepyhunter 22-Nov-17
sleepyhunter 22-Nov-17
19-Nov-17

HA/KS's Link
Astronaut Candidate Jonny Kim

He has been out of high school 15 years and apparently been pretty busy.

"Dr. Jonny Kim has been selected by NASA to join the 2017 Astronaut Candidate Class. He will report for duty in August 2017. The California native trained and operated as a Navy SEAL, completing more than 100 combat operations and earning a Silver Star and Bronze Star with Combat “V”. Afterward, he went on to complete a degree in Mathematics at the University of San Diego and a Doctorate of Medicine at Harvard Medical School."

20-Nov-17

Straight —» Arrow's Link
I just saw a news story about him the other day. He wears his Navy SEAL Trident on his NASA flight suit. I will bet any amount of money that Dr. Kim is very disciplined.

20-Nov-17
That is an impressive resume...kudos to that young Man !

21-Nov-17
Looks like this is not an affirmative action position. You never know when you might meet up with an Alien on a space station and need a Seal.

Terry

21-Nov-17
We don't even have any spacecraft anymore!

21-Nov-17
We do not currently have a manned space program, but to me it does make sense to keep a trained corps of astronauts.

21-Nov-17
Just like having a fire stoker on a diesel train.

22-Nov-17
I don't think there is really much of a future for manned space travel. Humans can't take it.....even going to mars will eff you up physically. The eye problem is pretty much a show stopper for mars right now.

22-Nov-17
""With our current space program I'm not sure why anyone wants to be an astronaut.""

Maybe so, but it would be once in a lifetime experience to liftoff and ride a rocket into space. I'd do it. It has to be a adrenaline rush.

22-Nov-17
I wouldn't have an opinion on being in a whore house, never been to one. Never needed to.

22-Nov-17
the lady doth protest too much methinks....

• Sitka Gear