HDE 22-Nov-17
kentuckbowhnter 22-Nov-17
AZOnecam 22-Nov-17
Whitey 22-Nov-17
20-Nov-17

Whitey's embedded Photo
Whitey's embedded Photo

Whitey's Link
This is the result of a pretty intense study in wage disparity by race. The authors posted their results on a site for young economist and were immeadiatly called racist. The lead of the study is a well known progressive that hates Trump.

http://www.economist.com/news/united-states/21715998-establishing-cause-remains-hazardous-new-research-suggests-effort-work

21-Nov-17
There is an old racial insensitive joke that I would love to insert here, but I won't.

Terry

21-Nov-17
The few Hispanics that worked for me outworked anyone I have ever worked with. The last two that did some cement work for me came early in the morning, took no breaks or lunch and worked steady until 4 PM, when the job was completed.

21-Nov-17
I know a lot of Hispanic men that have salary jobs and work from 6 am to 7-10pm depending on the day. They relax a bit from 11-2 so they would have a lot of idle time. But rest assured they out work the local (Caucasian) help into quitting most of the time.

21-Nov-17
A guy named Whitey posts a graph that shows that white guys work harder than other races.... how ironic.......

21-Nov-17
That does not jibe with my life experience at all. If we are generalizing, it's laughable to think any other racial category outworks Hispanics. Whites and blacks are fairly interchangeable on work ethic in the construction field but no one outworks Hispanics and Asians.

21-Nov-17
I find it racist to be categorizing workers by race...To have someone claim some Hispanic or Asian or black or some other white guy works harder than I do is insulting...I've been working pretty much full time since I was 12 years old when not in school.

When other kids were going to the swimming pool I was going to work and saving my money so I could by myself a new shotgun, then a new bicycle, then a new dirt bike and later a nice sports car before I was 16. Still amazes me I was never arrested for driving without a license...8^)

Work ethics has little to do with race, but lots to do with how one was raised and/or the life experience of that person.

The report Whitey posted is garbage...JMO

21-Nov-17
Can't compare illegals and legals when it comes to work ethic. Same thing with the catchall term "Hispanics". My wife being Venezuelan would be insulted if you compared her to any other Hispanic person from another country. In my experience and the productivity shows it the American worker out produces any other nation on the whole.

21-Nov-17
Interesting comments posted so far. I have worked with a lot of Hispanic workers. There are plenty that are lazy. In the construction world I would place pipe hands as the laziest. I swear some of them work harder at getting out of work then what the actually work would require.

21-Nov-17
Try working in a sanctuary city...you'll change your mind quickly when it comes to who works an honest day and who doesn't.

21-Nov-17
It all depends on your upbringing, nothing else...

21-Nov-17
From the article Whitey posted:

"The study’s method is straightforward. The data come from nearly 36,000 “daily diaries”, self-reporting on how Americans spent their working hours, collected from 2003 to 2012. "

Self-reporting? LOL!! Could there possibly be a less accurate methodology?

My anecdotal evidence also comes from the construction industry. I actually sought out Hispanic sub-contractors because they were more reliable and worked harder. Especially in the foundation, concrete flatwork, drywall, and roofing trades.

Matt

21-Nov-17
Cognitive dissonance is interesting. If you read the study the difference between all the races adds up to a whopping 5 minutes a day for the white workers. You guys must extremely observant or your so called observations are biased. I have never noticed any difference in worker production by race and I have employed 1000’s in my life. I never paid attention to race just the employee. The only ones I ever notice are govt. employees standing around a road work project as I drive by.

“The study’s method is straightforward. The data come from nearly 36,000 “daily diaries”, self-reporting on how Americans spent their working hours, collected from 2003 to 2012. Relying on the assumption that workers are equally honest in admitting sloth, the authors calculate the fraction of time spent not working while on the job—spent relaxing or eating, say—and find that it varies by race to a small but statistically significant degree. The gap remains, albeit in weaker form, even with the addition of extensive controls for geography, industry and union status, among others.”

21-Nov-17
Btw this data foots with all the studies done on worker productivity by country.

21-Nov-17
The study comes from self reporting ?? All that proves is that white guys are more apt to lie and say they weren't screwing off on the job.....

21-Nov-17
"I have never noticed any difference in worker production by race and I have employed 1000’s..."

So, if there's no difference in worker production by race, then why did you post this nonsense? Don't we have enough race-related problems without having to fabricate them?

Good grief.

Matt

21-Nov-17
How is it garbage? It's the same methodology nelson ratings used. Lots of data is created using diary logs. Oh that's right you are an expert on everything and the sole arbiter of content here.

21-Nov-17
As an employer you have to toss race gender as measurement tools unless you want lawsuits. Hiring only Hispanic crews is a violation of EEO . But my company had deep pockets o doubt yours did .

21-Nov-17
Who exactly commissioned such a study? That may provide more answers than the study....

21-Nov-17
The national bureau of economic research on behalf of the federal government to understand the pay disparity between races. They found the opposite of what they were looking for it appears.

I still want to hear the carpenter and the cop explain how data derived from diaries cannot be statically valid. Come on boys wow us with your vast statistical prowess.

Pic doc retired so I work for myself. I typically only post while I am exercising. not conservative either a constitutional pragmatist.

21-Nov-17
IME, that study is a pile of horse puckey.

I've owned a Construction business now for 39 years employing as many as 27 men, and the white guys i've hired have been by far the laziest with the Hispanics being far and away the most productive. I haven't had a lot of black guys working for me but the ones I've had were very good. My mechanic is Black and he is one of the most industrious guys I know- i'm lucky to have him work for me.

Now I can usually tell who will work out and who won't...and there have been those in all races.

I just realized by this study I haven't had one Asian guy work for me in all these years.

21-Nov-17
I didn't say it can't be accurate..... but I would think that to get the most accurate information about if a person is being lazy on the job.... have a hidden camera follow him all day.... don't ask him if he's being lazy at work....

21-Nov-17
Funny how you tend to see Asian guys (and gals) working on computers and in labs more than construction sites - lol, just sayin'

As far as Hispanics not being hard workers, I can tell you here in AZ they are some of the hardest working people I've seen. In general, besides the lost generations of tweakers, seems everyone is working hard here regardless of race. But the Hispanics are often working harder for less money. Funny thing is - they are doing a better job at being industrious, it seems. Many start out doing janitorial/cleaning/landscaping/bussing tables - and end up owning landscaping, exterminating, house-cleaning businesses & restaurants.

21-Nov-17
I'm in the construction industry. The majority of latinos that I've worked with have been extremely hard/constructive workers. As a group the only ones who meet and exceed them were some Iowa farm kids that worked for me. But like Pig Doc says there are good and worthless of all races/ethnicities.

What I did find years ago was that many times Mexican workers would complain if they DIDN'T work 6 days a week, while the American kids needed to be bribed to work Saturdays (the farm kids excepted). Now everyone's happy just to have a steady job.

22-Nov-17
My personal experience has been mixed. I have worked on crews with Mexicans who were tireless and worked hard, but on that same crew were Mexicans who did only the bare minimum that they were browbeat to do. Funny thing is that it was the same with the whites on the crew. The study above is probably accurate for the population they studied, but probably doesn't apply to everyone everywhere (as is typical).

22-Nov-17
Sure it is Pig because a couple of people’s observations are more accurate than a peer reviewed economists work. Feel free to get butt hurt over 5 whole minutes lol

22-Nov-17
Shuteye, I have worked in some of the hardest jobs man can do. Concrete and General contracting 1 to 16 hours a day and more. I fully agree with you and contrary to what this so called study says I have found hispanics on the average to outwork and be more willing to please the boss than any other race I have worked with. I actually believe some other races other than Hispanics were involved in this study or that not enough people were studied for the study to be accurate.

God bless, Steve

22-Nov-17
BTW I have had over 400 men working for me at one time and for over a period of 45 years had more than 10 working for me on average. Sooooooo there is a bit of experience I have had with different ethnicities. The worst workers I have had were from a people I dearly love. But will not name as they have enough on their plates without being downgraded by lack of work ethic. God bless, Steve

22-Nov-17
Peer reviewed study....wow, I'm going to have to remember that nugget. Especially when I see how hard the academics work. I'm assuming a peer review is verifying the data. How exactly did they do that? Did they interview contractors with 4 decades of experience?

Or did they just eyeball the data provided?

I'm guessing number two....which would be a good title to this study.

22-Nov-17
Ever seen a Mexican crew trip tubing out of a well? Sonny Jim!

I can say Mexican because, well, they are from Mexico...

22-Nov-17
you want to see liberal heads explode put up some published studies on I.Q. numbers by race.

22-Nov-17
I can't wait for the liberals on here who constantly call us racist respond to so many defending the work ethic of Hispanics/Mexicans.

Crickets from all of them.

22-Nov-17
That’s the point Az. The liberals threw a fit and held the study up until after the election fearing that Trump supporters would use it to bolster thier claim against immigrants. The irony is The people that did the study are anti Trump and stand by the results as being statistically valid and peer reviewed, therefore fact. Not hard to understand as people here didn’t bother to read it, dismissed it as a lie based on thier observations. The silly part is that there is only a 5 minute disparity between the low and the high .

• Sitka Gear