CW 22-Nov-17
Joey Ward 22-Nov-17
gflight 22-Nov-17
CW 22-Nov-17
NvaGvUp 22-Nov-17
bigeasygator 22-Nov-17
bigeasygator 22-Nov-17
21-Nov-17
I'll be down that way sometime next month and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions.

21-Nov-17
Upscale ------- Drago's or Peches

Casual ------ Acme Oyster House or Mr Ed's

Regardless, and personally, the various grilled oysters, etouffee, crawfish, jambalaya, and fried catfish is what is best in any of them.

Have fun, and enjoy!

21-Nov-17
I am on a see food diet. I see food and I eat it.

21-Nov-17
All good recommendations above. A lot depends on the kind of price range and experience you’re looking for. I’d add Bourbon House, Redfish Grille, and GW Fins to the list of nicer seafood focused places in the Quarter. As far as more casual, Acme is a bit touristy but it’s in a good location. Deanie’s is good too. All those are in the Quater and good. If you venture out there are so many other incredible restaurants. Attached is the recently released list of the top 10 restaurants prepared by the local paper. It’s a good place to start for some of the nicer places to eat in town.

21-Nov-17

bigeasygator's Link
Forget the link!

21-Nov-17
I could dig some Cajun seafood right about now......

21-Nov-17
Check with Big Pizzaman,

He has a top end New Orleans restaurant in addition to his pizza places.

21-Nov-17
Yeah, try his yellow fin thin crust or the wahoo deep dish.

Oh my!

21-Nov-17

HA/KS's Link
Trip Advisor says G W Fins, Superior Seafood, Peche Seafood Grill. It also lists 215 total seafood restaurants in New Orleans.

It will take you a while to try all of them.

I have found some great places using Trip Advisor, and some that seemed overrated to me. Read the reviews. Don't just go by the ratings.

21-Nov-17
And if you're out late, watch for them creole babies, that strut and sway from dusk 'til dawn. From Bourbon street to Esplanade. They're thin and brown, and down right lazy. But they sashay by......they sashay by......

;-)

21-Nov-17
Joey,

And you know that because...............?

LOL!

21-Nov-17
Well Big pizza is too classy to recommend his own place...but it will be a must visit for me. His customers rave about the place.

When he was getting attacked by the antis not too long ago, I saw pictures of that Crawfish pizza piled high...I knew at some point I would be making a trip down there to get some of that.

21-Nov-17
Well Kyle, I think you’re a little too old to remember. And you where into The Beach Boys and Lawrence Welk type music. And bigeasy may be a little too young, but for those of us who listened to AM rock and remember Louisiana’s LeRoux know exactly how I know. :-)

21-Nov-17

JL's Link
Yes....Le Roux and New Orlean's Ladies. Great tune!

I suspect there are some good road side restaurants outside of the city and away from the tourista's. That maybe where I would do some recon for eats.

21-Nov-17
Hey Joey Kyle was around when FM was invented.

21-Nov-17

Just thought I'd throw this in for atmosphere. I hear this band and I want jambalaya!

21-Nov-17
I've never been to New Orleans, and the closest I've ever come to Cajun cooking is a restaurant chain here in Illinois called Papa Deux's, or when I attempt to make venison etouffee or red beans and rice with andouille sausage.....and CORNBREAD!!!

Now I'm hungry............

21-Nov-17
Amazing how well the boys git along when we don't talk Politics. Good food is universal. Evem Jeffrey Dahmer had his favorite Baskin Robbins flavor...Mad Dog

21-Nov-17
Remember the Buckwheat Zydeco infomercials?

22-Nov-17
Anyone know the name of Big Pizzaman's place in NO. I see he has a pizza place in Lafayette. Thanks for all the tips. If I go to half of these places, I won't be able to make it home.

22-Nov-17
I new a couple of Cajuns in college. When I went home with them there would be a big party every Sunday with Zydeco music, dancing, drinking, eating, and card playing starting at 7 am and all day and into the night. It was BIG fun and I know where the song comes from now I'll tell you that.

22-Nov-17

Joey Ward's Link
CW, it's called Deano's. It's in Lafayette LA. Don't think he has a place in NO.

But if you get over that way.......or for anyone else interested.

Link..........................

http://www.deanospizza.com/

22-Nov-17
Leaving there by boat on the 5th. Will have a couple days to eat before I leave. Thanks CW for starting the thread...

22-Nov-17
You're welcome gflight. I've learned a lot...maybe too much.

22-Nov-17
Tim has a fancy N.O. Restaurant in addition to his Pizza business.

22-Nov-17
What’s the name of Tim’s N.O. restaurant? If he has one he’s never there and never promotes it on Facebook like he does his Dean-O’s locations or his kickboxing gym.

22-Nov-17

bigeasygator's Link
Eater New Orleans is also a great resource for what’s hot on the food scene in NOLA. They update a list of the Essential New Orleans restaurants fairly frequently. I would trust their rankings a little bit more than TripAdvisor, personally speaking.

• Sitka Gear