Thumper 25-Nov-17
jdee 25-Nov-17
Gray Ghost 25-Nov-17
Fulldraw1972 25-Nov-17
BIG BEAR 25-Nov-17
BIG BEAR 25-Nov-17
slade 25-Nov-17
23-Nov-17
or did the stand today in the NFL and give thanks for everything this great country has afforded them ? My bet is the ungrateful thugs were on the ground again as our national anthem played and old glory waved . I got to thinking about it and I am sure only a couple players in the NFL have probably ever stood in harms way on foreign soil to defended it anyway. If any of them had ever experienced combat it would be different. They want Americas milk and honey but are to cowardly to fight for it.

23-Nov-17
If there was a kneeler I didn’t see one. The Dallas game had a flag that covered the entire field.

The Mn/Detroit game was a very good game. That game is exactly why I want to watch football. No politics no drama just a great game and a game that will affect play off seeds.

The Brad Paisley/Peyton Manning commercial was a good one. Definetly had me laughing.

23-Nov-17
I watched the Vikings v Lions and saw the anthem at the start of the Cowboys/Chargers game.

I saw no one take a knee.

That said, pizz on those who have done so. But cowardice has nothing to do with it. It's all about players who are woefully uninformed about the false news events they wrongly claim prove America is racist.

The only true racism we've seen in America the past nine years came from the Obama/Holder cartel.

23-Nov-17
They had the live bald eagle flying during the anthem.... All I saw were players standing at attention during the anthem and one big flag..... and a packed house......

23-Nov-17
I j ust realized I did not see a USAA ad during the Vikings games either this week or last week.

Did perhaps USAA finally bow to the immense pressure they got from their members and tell the NFL to drop dead?

23-Nov-17
I don’t remember seeing a commercial from them either Kyle.

23-Nov-17
I emailed USAA when this started.

23-Nov-17
There's football all day tomorrow and Saturday..... Michigan high school finals at Ford Field all day both days and the U of M getting beat by OSU on Saturday...

23-Nov-17
Nope.... I didn't expect anything else

24-Nov-17
I spent the entire morning in the woods. Then turkey dinner and more woods after that. Then I watched some old movies including Avitar and Avitar 2. Like that big eared blue skinned woman, she's hot. Both of my boys called, one from Nashville, one from Florida and my daughter called from the Outer Banks.

24-Nov-17
Watched the viking lion game at Mr Smiths here in DC. Best thanksgiving meal around - reasonable price.

Also spent the last 2 days at the African American museum (wifey gets us in with her dd-214). Definitely worth seeing although, like most Smithsonian's, you could spend an entire week in each one.

24-Nov-17
I didn't see any one kneel at the Cowboys game. The Chargers destroyed the Cowboys after that.

24-Nov-17
For anyone who watched the Vikings - Lions game, you witnessed what perhaps was the worst non-call on pass interference in NFL history. It cost the Vikings a 49 yard gain and a first down on the Detroit 15.

24-Nov-17
Oh that's right.... you guys have the Super Bowl this year.... wouldn't that be something.....

24-Nov-17
They really missed that one. The face mask call was a bad one as was the taunting call.

That interference no call could have been a game changer.

I agree it would be great to see the Vikings play in the super bowl in there new stadium. Since I haven’t followed football this year I don’t know how good anyone is.

24-Nov-17
For those who didn't see it, Case Keenum threw a bomb to Stephan Diggs. The line of scrimmage was the Viking's 36.

The pass was underthrown, so Diggs stopped and turned around to catch it on the Detroit 15.

The Detroit DB first pushed him with an arm to his chest, then literally ran right over him and knocked him down before the ball got there.

No call! UFB!

24-Nov-17
Yeah... that was a horrible call..... they should be able to use replay on that to get it right.....

24-Nov-17
The announcers were incredulous that no flag was thrown. One of them said in astonishment, "If that isn't pass interference, what is?"

24-Nov-17
What’s even funnier Kyle is the announcers even mentioned the back judge had his hand on his flag ready to throw it but didn’t.

As bad as that was at least the no call didn’t affect the outcome.

24-Nov-17
Damn, all you "unprincipled" NFL fans. You should be ashamed of yourselves. ;-)

The Vikes look strong, but my money is on the Eagles. Playoff home field advantage in the NFC will decide the Super Bowl winner, IMO. Excluding the Patriots, the AFC is pathetic this year.

Matt

24-Nov-17
It was a tough game to watch as a Lions fan. The Loins suck against the run since Haloti Ngata went out injured.... They suck even worse at running the ball.... And Stafford made some bad misses including a sure touchdown on a screen on an all out blitz... they had to settle for a field goal. Dumb mistakes like Golden Tate actually giving up a first down that he had by doubling back to try to get more yards...... I truly think the Lions blew an opportunity to win the division by losing that game.... They have a much easier schedule than the Vikings the rest of the way........ Same old Lions.......

24-Nov-17
One amazing stat they showed about the Lion's running game was they'd gone 62 (now 63) straight games without having a guy with 100 yards rushing.

Another fun stat was late in the 1st quarter when they showed that the Vikings had nine first downs to that point, whereas the Lions had only run eight plays.

24-Nov-17
We've been cursed in the running game since Barry Sanders broke all Lions fans' hearts and retired while he was in his prime....

24-Nov-17
The entire league has been cursed since Sanders retired,

He was one of the class acts in NFL history, not to mention being one of the best running backs in NFL history.

24-Nov-17

Thumper's Link
"Did they take a knee"

Another poster child for the NFL protesters.

24-Nov-17
Thumper,

What connection, exactly, is there to the NFL protestors from this murderer?

24-Nov-17
That's 118 Officers killed in the line of duty Nationwide this year.... horrible....

24-Nov-17
Which has nothing to with football players

24-Nov-17
A lot of people, seems like most, don't care about 118 cops getting killed just like a lot of people don't care about NFL thugs taking a knee on national TV during the our national anthem.

25-Nov-17
Your right jdee, far to many are preoccupied with their own needs and entertainment....

25-Nov-17
Come on Kyle you're smarter than that.

NFL players are protesting Police not giving the proper respect to their dope dealing gang bangers and Black Panthers.

25-Nov-17
Jdee...... how in the world can you compare the murder of 118 Police Officers with a peaceful protest ?? The only thing they are hurting is your feelings..... I don't agree with what they are doing. I think they are asses for doing it.... and I'm choosing to ignore it..... even though their protest is directed straight at me and my brothers in blue.

25-Nov-17
"Jdee...... how in the world can you compare the murder of 118 Police Officers with a peaceful protest ?? "

Take the blinders off Bear. The NFL players are protesting police brutality and aligning themselves with the rioters of Baltimore, Oakland, Anaheim, Flatbush, Ferguson, New York, Berkley, Charlotte, St Louis, New York City, Chicago, St. Paul, Baton Rouge, and other cities.

25-Nov-17
I know exactly what they're doing Thumper... do you know how many people have walked up to me on the streets and said ...."Hands up.. don't shoot "... among other negative anti Police statements ?? You grow thick skin in this job or you don't survive..... Ignoring those who are anti-Police is the path I choose.....

25-Nov-17
We're on the same page there because I'm ignoring the NFL.

25-Nov-17
Quit your complaining Pig Doc and go watch your NFL thugs disrespect America some more. Ask some of your NFL hero's that have been kneeling in the dirt when Americas national anthem starts to play if they care about cops. Ask them if they and their friends support cops. Where the heck have you been ? Cops aren't only getting murdered in record numbers they are being assassinated. Do you care ? If so what are you doing about it ? Nothing......just watching guys who would probably support the killer over the cop. How anyone can sit there and watch and enjoy an NFL game with the thugs that play in it is way over my head !! I spent way to many days in bad places sworn to defend our flag and I'm not about to support any one who disrespects it. To me this is like the Viet Nam vets coming home and being spit on. That flag and that anthem mean a lot more to me than an NFL game. I grew up playing football and watching the NFL and never dreamed I would ever tell my kids to do something better with your time than watching those disrespectful thugs playing football on TV but that's the way it is.

25-Nov-17

Gray Ghost's Link
"How anyone can sit there and watch and enjoy an NFL game with the thugs that play in it is way over my head !!"

As is the fact there are more good guys than bad in the NFL. See my link for a partial list of the good ones, if you care for an honest discussion.

Matt

25-Nov-17
The first two games on Thursday were very patriotic. No kneeling no talk of it. It was great to be a fan of the NFL. I didn’t watch the evening game so don’t know how it went. I understand why there are boycotters. Heck I chose to hunt my butt off this fall instead of watching some games. I just can’t give up my traditions just because some idiots want to turn football into a politic arena.

25-Nov-17

25-Nov-17
How about the hundreds af active duty Navy personnel who appeared on the Fox pregame show on Veterans Day that was filmed at Norfolk Naval base .... You got a problem with them too ??? Maybe you should steer your disgust where it belongs.... with the individuals who are kneeling...... Thank you for your service.......

25-Nov-17

• Sitka Gear