Mike in CT 25-Nov-17
tonyo6302 25-Nov-17
petedrummond 25-Nov-17
Ace 25-Nov-17
Bou'bound 25-Nov-17
orionsbrother 26-Nov-17
TGbow 26-Nov-17
24-Nov-17
This lady is dead and the guy has to live with it for the rest of his life. Everyone looses in this tragedy.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/woman-shot-dead-hunter-mistook-210454899.html

Woman Shot Dead by Hunter Who Mistook Her for a Deer [Inside Edition] November 24, 2017

A New York woman was fatally shot this week by a hunter who believed she was a deer.

Rosemary Billquist, 43, was walking her dogs in a field in the town of Sherman on Wednesday at about 5:30 p.m. when she was suddenly shot, the Chautauqua County Sheriff’s Office said.

When deputies arrived to the scene, 34-year-old Thomas B. Jadlowski told them he was the one who had pulled the trigger.

He said he thought Billquist was a deer, and fired his pistol from about 200 yards away. When he heard a scream, he ran in the direction of the sound and discovered Billquist.

Jadlowski called 911 and tried to save her by applying pressure to the bullet wound until first responders arrived. Billquist was later pronounced dead at UPMC Hamot in Erie, Pa.

“I will miss you and love you forever and I know you dancing in heaven with your momma and all of our friends and family that we have lost,” her anguished husband, Jamie Billquist, posted to Facebook on Thursday.

No charges have been filed in the shooting, but the investigation is continuing. The sheriff’s office determined that the shot was fired after sunset, which is forbidden by local law.

The Chautauqua County District Attorney’s Office will determine whether to bring a criminal case against Jadlowski.

24-Nov-17
200 yard pistol shot ?? What the hell was he doing ?? That is something that should NEVER happen........ tragic....

24-Nov-17
200 yds sound like a guess from the shooter or there is more to the story that isn't published?? 200 yards is one thing, shooting after legal hunting light on land he may or may not have had permission to hunt on is another.

24-Nov-17
X2 BEAR. One should ONLY shoot when they are 100% sure of their target and WHAT'S BEHIND IT. That's why blaze orange is a wonderful invention. If I'm on a drive during gun season with my friends I will NOT shoot unless I know where everyone else is, period. Blaze orange helps with that a lot. NO deer is worth a less than a 100% sure target ID.

24-Nov-17
Sounds like a single shot pistol like a TC Contender and a rifle cartridge.

24-Nov-17
70 minutes past sun down

24-Nov-17
he was tresspassing, hunting after hours, all kinds of wrong.

24-Nov-17
Sounds like a criminal, not a hunter.

24-Nov-17
Was it his EX wife?

24-Nov-17

JL's Link
From Nov 6th in Maine.

25-Nov-17
70 minutes past sundown begs the question "how can you identify ANY target?" Prayers for the family; a tragic, senseless loss.

25-Nov-17
I have discovered, that my old eyes cannot see til end of legal shooting light anymore. About 15 minutes past sundown, and I am through. Can't even see my sight pins.

. . ...

.. ..

Tragedies for both women who died in hunting incidents. Their families are in my prayers.

25-Nov-17
Sounds like a rape gone wrong to me.

25-Nov-17
NY Shooting hours are Sunrise to Sunset.

25-Nov-17

26-Nov-17
The few reported facts make it seem very apparent to me that this can't be labeled as an accident. It's colossally criminal stupidity at best. And it frustrates me that the media refer to these guys as hunters.

<\p>

On the flip side, I was driving through the Chequamegon National Forest in Northern Wisconsin yesterday. I passed near a small lake with some cabins. There was, what I assumed to be a grandmother, walking along the road with a girl about six years old. The girl was being a kid, running ahead about fifteen yards. They were, maybe, 150-200 yds from the nearest cabin.

As a hunter and human being, I know that it's critical to positively identify any target before aiming at it, regardless of weapon. As a father, I'm not taking my kids for a walk on a forest road during Wisconsin's gun deer season without blaze orange. Even close to some cabins.

The kicker? The kid was wearing what looked to be a matching grey ragwool sweater and knit hat with a white bumble and cream colored leggings.

26-Nov-17
One thing for sure, this horrible incident was totally 100% preventable. The shooter is totally responsible. Shooting at an animal and missing your mark, and the bullet passing thru the woods and hitting a bystander is a freak accident. Shooting someone thinking they're an animal is totally avoidable.

• Sitka Gear