bigeasygator 27-Nov-17
HDE 27-Nov-17
DL 27-Nov-17
BIG BEAR 27-Nov-17
Brotsky 27-Nov-17
bigeasygator 27-Nov-17
27-Nov-17

DL's Link
Too bad they let these extremists grow in power. I guess the reason they have is because all of these humanitarian organizations want the leaders to not be inhumane to a mess of inhumane extremists. This is now what the world has to deal with. Had the so called civilized world let these leaders deal with these extremists in the only way that works we may not have the issues now. That includes letting the The iyatola back in Iran and removing Sadam.

27-Nov-17
I don't understand the point of your post.... The leader in your clip said that every person should decide for themselves if they want to wear a hijab.... Regardless..... The Orthodox Jews dress very radically... something that looks similar to pilgrims to me.... Amish folks have attire that they are expected to wear in their community.... So what is the big deal about Muslim women wearing a hijab ?? My buddy's wife is Muslim.... she doesn't wear one.... he's not Muslim.....

27-Nov-17
I do not like the hijab and I have forbidden my wife from wearing one.

27-Nov-17
I think the point is the Middle East has drifted more towards the radical and fundamental wing of Islam since the 50's. An Egyptian leader making jokes about forcing traditional Muslim dress at the expense of a high ranking Muslims probably wouldn't be as big a hit there today.

Nothing wrong with hijabs. Plenty wrong with requiring them. I'm sure your friend's Muslim wife is fully aware of how her marriage to a nonMuslim man would be looked at in many of the Islamic countries.

27-Nov-17
Egypt still doesn't require the hijab for Muslim women. Saudi Arabia and Iran are the only two countries in the world that require women to wear hijabs. Most Muslim leaders have the exact same opinion that Gamal Abdel Nasser does in the video -- you are free to choose whether you want to wear a hijab.

27-Nov-17
We had a summer (petroleum) intern one year from ATM that did an internship the year before with some other outfit. While over there visiting a country they had ops in, she had to wear a full getup. I want to say it was Yemen, but can't remember exactly. I know it was not Saudi or Iran.

27-Nov-17
That was Gamal Nasser, president of Egypt. The man he was making fun of was from the Muslim Brotherhood. They are the wackos that took over Egypt during the Arab Spring Fling. Those extremist groups have done a great dishonor to middle eastern people.

27-Nov-17
Plenty wrong with requiring them..... Glunt.... would you say the same thing about Orthodox Jewish women who are required to wear specific clothing or Amish women ??? This is the U.S.A. if anyone doesn't want to be required to wear the clothing required by their immediate community.... they are free to leave.... I'm pretty sure my buddy's wife is not concerned about what people in predominantly Islamic countries think of her marriage...

27-Nov-17
I can think of plenty of women who should be required to wear full head coverings. It might actually improve their chances!

27-Nov-17
HDE, westerners are often encouraged to wear the garb for a couple of reasons. In certain places it makes them less of a target. In other places it is just considered the polite thing to do, though not a legal requirement. Many Muslim countries have actually banned veils and scarves. Again, the only two that require it by law (by “it,” that would be the hijab, which is a scarf covering the head), are Saudi Arabia and Iran.

• Sitka Gear