gadan 29-Nov-17
elkmtngear 29-Nov-17
HA/KS 29-Nov-17
Shuteye 29-Nov-17
gadan 30-Nov-17
28-Nov-17

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
With all the ugliness going on it’s time to dwell on some uplifting Christmas Miracles

28-Nov-17
LOL !

28-Nov-17
As most of you know, I am paralyzed. One of the obnoxious things I deal with is finding handicap parking. It seems everyone is handicap these days. Walmart is the worst. Some times I pull in to see someone jumping out of their vehicle and when they see me pull my wheelchair out, they suddenly get a limp. I'd give my left hand for the privilege of walking 10 miles to a Walmart and these clowns want close parking so bad, they use old expired injury placards with no thought for those that might actually need it.

28-Nov-17
gadan, Doctors just sign those DMV forms for anyone. My orthopaedic surgeon offered to sign one for me when I had surgery on a Bicep rupture.

I thought to myself then, what did my bicep have to do with walking inside Walmart?

28-Nov-17
I'm sorry this happens to you gadan. I spent about 9 months in a wheel chair once with a badly broken leg and a bunch of surgeries. It made me "walk a mile in someone else shoes" so to speak. I want to slash the tires of people I see with a handicap parking privilege and walking in like normal. Even when I had the broken leg there was people that needed those spots way worse than I did and I tried not to park there. Someone even stole the handicap parking placard out of my truck at my sons baseball game. When I went to get a replacement they told me it happens all the time! The scum in the world never ceases to amaze me.

28-Nov-17
If I’m going shopping I have found that you need to get there before 10. After that slooooow people my age and older show up. I can’t handle putting up with it. My days coming I guess. Until then my philosophy is the clock is ticking and I need to move as quick as I can. I might miss something.

28-Nov-17
Saw that exact same thing last night. Sorry...

28-Nov-17
A couple of years ago, some lady was found murdered around Springfield MO. They finally traced it down to her physically handicapped daughter's boyfriend. Long story short, the lady (Dee Dee Blancharde) and daughter (Gypsy Rose) had been scamming the public for years with the disability act (they claimed Gypsy Rose suffered from leukemia, asthma, muscular dystrophy and several other chronic conditions, and had the mental capacity of a 7-year-old due to brain damage she suffered as a result of her premature birth), and evidently the daughter got greedy and tired of dear old mom and had her boyfriend kill her.

28-Nov-17
I'm still trying to figure out what the original post is suppose to convey.

I had a 1/2 sister with MS. What a terrible disease. By her 30th birthday she could no longer walk, but she could stand from her wheelchair long enough to grab an item from a shelf. Perhaps that's the situation with this lady, or something similar.

Maybe there's more to this story, but I don't see anything particularly "miraculous" or out of the ordinary in the posted pic.

Matt

28-Nov-17
My favorite is when they grab one of the few motorized carts (reserved for severely handicapped people), and warp-speed their way straight to the wall of liquor. Back to checkout, park the cart, and walk away briskly with their little brown bag.

Miracles do happen !

28-Nov-17
I don't want to generalize everybody parking in a handicap space as scamming the system as I know there may be some underlying ailment that is not visibly noticeable, but people should consider someone that might actually need it. Interestingly, most of the time, I don't need it either but I have to be able to open my door completely to get my wheelchair out and in. Unless it's raining, really don't mind going the extra distance but the cars next to me do. I once parked in a handicap place and when I came out of the store, found someone had parked their care in the striped area between spaces. I am sure they didn't appreciate the appearance of their car after I got in.

28-Nov-17
Gadan,

I hope you left more than just scratches on that inconsiderate fools car. I'm so sorry to hear about your condition.

God bless you brother. I admire your positive attitude.

Matt

28-Nov-17
"she could no longer walk, but she could stand from her wheelchair long enough to grab an item from a shelf"

This was my thought. There is currently a student in the school where I work who is in a wheel chair full time. He is able to get out of it and move a little.

One day, I saw him in the hallway working on his chair. He was able to get out, work his way around to the back, and was trying to fix something on the back of the chair.

He definitely could have stood up and reached a shelf, but also definitely needs a wheel chair.

This says nothing about the people who choose to get benefits reserved for the disabled when they are not actually disabled. They are lower than whale dung.

28-Nov-17
gadan, I did not know of your handicap and as Matt has stated I also admire your positive attitude. I myself can be a chronic complainer when a construction project hits the inevitable proverbial snag as if the world is quickly coming to a end. I must also admit that when someone as yourself smacks me back to earth I quickly realize and become inwardly embarrassed of the inconsequential cross that I am selfishly bearing. Thank You for brightening the lives of many, many more than you could ever know in your courage and outlook. Strong is just not a strong enough word.

Matt for your post, my hat.

The Rock

28-Nov-17
Bingo Henry, in particular booze it’s at a liquor store I have done all the grocery shopping for years and am amazed at some of the shoppers. A mother and adult son in electric carts. Baskets on the electric carts full and had a regular cart in tow full. Each probably tipped the scales over 400 pounds. Three days latter they were back loading up. Where do people get the money to buy all the groceries like that?

28-Nov-17
I could NEVER "fake" my way to using a handicapped spot. In my mind that would be like me ASKING to have something happen where I'd really need it.

What goes around comes around.

29-Nov-17
My joy comes from knowing that I will be made whole again when I see my savior. No body gets out of this life alive. It is a tough road to hoe but it's all relative. My paralysis is another's tennis elbow. Regardless of my condition, my job is to work hard to support my family and honor my Lord. We all go through tough times but God gives grace beyond measure.

29-Nov-17
Good on you, gadan! Attitude is everything...God bless you, Sir!

29-Nov-17
"My joy comes from knowing that I will be made whole again when I see my savior." I concur, but have recently been thinking about what that means.

As Christians, we see a disfigured person and think "How beautiful they will be in Heaven."

Maybe when we get there, our realization will be that they have been beautiful all along and we were just not wise enough to see it when we were on Earth.

29-Nov-17
The man and woman that own the hardware store near my town are both in wheel chairs. He was wounded very badly in Viet Nam and while in the hospital he met a woman that was born with tiny legs that didn't work. She can lift her legs up and put them in the wheel chair. They got married and own and operate the store. They have a neat van that will let down a platform to let them load up with their wheel chairs. It has hand controls so he can drive it. They are getting older now and my fishing buddy takes the lady grocery shopping and sometimes does it for them by himself. Last year when I had a nice doe butchered for them I got it to their freezer. The freezer is a stand up and has a rope on the handle. When I got ready to put the meat in the freezer there was a perfect spot all cleaned out for me to put the meat in. My fishing buddy's wife knew I would be bringing the meat and went to the house and made a nice place for me to stack it.

It ticks me off that this great couple work for a living and healthy people live off the government and don't want a job.

30-Nov-17
Shuteye, Great to hear you looking out for these people. I have to admit, it's really hard for me to ask for help some times. I grew up working with my hands and built much of the house we are living in. Now I have to call someone to change a boot on a vent on the roof, or reach something, or whatever. We really appreciate offers of assistance so as not to put someone out....at least I do.

• Sitka Gear