Thumper 02-Dec-17
Shuteye 02-Dec-17
Gray Ghost 02-Dec-17
SB 02-Dec-17
Iktomi 02-Dec-17
Annony Mouse 02-Dec-17
D.U.O.F 05-Dec-17
01-Dec-17
The top one wore out and tore. Got 2 new ones. Replaced top tore one, left bottom wore one on. Is this a timing issue or just need to replace bottom stopper also? I also just got new string & cables on her. 2011 Bear Mauler.

01-Dec-17
yes

02-Dec-17
itshot, glad you clarified that.

Terry

02-Dec-17
What's a string stop?

02-Dec-17
My sleeve if I don't wear an arm guard.

02-Dec-17
In response to the question, have someone look at your cams when you are at full draw. The cams should be parallel with the riser, or very close. If not, you may have a bent or worn cam axle or bushing, or a tweaked limb. Both conditions will cause wild string oscillations upon recoil, which may cause the string to jump the stop.

Matt

02-Dec-17
My "string stops" are the limbs. Never had a problem! (Couldn't resist!)

02-Dec-17

Iktomi's embedded Photo
Iktomi's embedded Photo
Damn, I'm confused. I have looked my bow over for an hour and I can't find any string stops, yokes, cams, or axles. Am I doing something wrong? ;-)

02-Dec-17
Rick...same here.

05-Dec-17
Thanks all. Spike Bull: I changed the bottom one and it stopped. The top one has roughly 1/16th" & bottom one 1/32nd" (rough estimate as feeler gauges don't fit there) but obvious difference. Bow has been cared for, set up at reputable shop, NEVER dry fired, arrow slipped, nothing. Dead accurate and quiet so, it's just odd that a new rubber piece now catches it.

Yes, I put this in the wrong place. I'm new. I get the jokes. I'm liking my new to me Tomahawk Diamond SS more & more, and have my eye on a Bear lefty recurve here in classifieds.

• Sitka Gear