ben h 03-Jan-18
AccMan 04-Jan-18
Shuteye 06-Jan-18
02-Jan-18

Shuteye's embedded Photo
Shuteye's embedded Photo
Shuteye's embedded Photo
Shuteye's embedded Photo
Just saw this on line. I graduated in 1960 and this is my class. Most of you probably had a few more people in your graduating class. Seven, that I know of, have passed away. Some at an early age.

03-Jan-18
Cool artifact there Lex.

Graduation at 8:15 o'clock????????????????? Don't know what has me puzzled more, the fact that your graduation was due to start on the quarter hour, or the "o'clock" rather than "PM".

And I'd like to see a school today try and list their graduates by gender. That'd go over really well I'll bet.

Lex, just for grins, post your senior tintype. :^)

03-Jan-18
11 years before I was born. Pretty neat.

03-Jan-18
That is neat. I graduated in a class of 27. Out of the 27, 22 of us started together in the 1st grade. Those certainly were good days. I am 66 now, retired, and moved back to the area. I went to visit one of my school teachers the other day and it was quite an experience as I could tell just how much she appreciated the visit.

03-Jan-18
AccMan, when I went to our 50th class reunion, our home room teacher was there. She was in her 90's. One of the girls told her that all the get out of school early notes were written by one of the girls in our class. They told the teacher should wouldn't recognize my mother's signature since the girl wrote all my stuff from home. The teacher got a kick out of it and said she knew more than we thought she knew.

03-Jan-18
that's pretty neat. My graduating class was 1,100 or 1,200 and the junior and sophomores behind us were even bigger.

04-Jan-18
Shuteye, we had a reunion a year ago. Our English/Lit teacher was a great lady, that hated the smell of grape chewing gum. I slipped into her classroom and slid a pack of grape chewing gum behind the dry erase board, which at the time was of course a chalk board. She has been deceased for years but I am sure she is looking down at me and waving her finger. We had a shop teacher that was fanatical about vice grip pliers. At his funeral I slipped a pair of vice grips in his coffin before it was closed, with permission from his son so as not to offend anyone of course.

06-Jan-18
AccMan about three years ago a very good friend of mine passed away. At the funeral I put a sharp, new skinning knife in his shirt pocket. His daughter gave me permission. He and I trapped just about everything you can imagine. He was a fur dealer and we would take a pick up, with cap, load of fur to New York city. It was right in the city and when you came to the door you rang a bell. A door would open and you walked into a small hall to a door that looked like a prison, it was bars. Some one would let you in and there was a guy up on the second floor with a shotgun. They would bring the furs inside and we would make our deal and get a check. We would go to the bank right across the street and cash the check. Many thousands of dollars in cash, then head back home. Yes we were armed and would probably still be in Jail if we were caught.

• Sitka Gear