Sage Buffalo 04-Jan-18
Woods Walker 04-Jan-18
Bentstick81 04-Jan-18
Squash 04-Jan-18
sleepyhunter 04-Jan-18
slade 05-Jan-18
Squash 05-Jan-18
03-Jan-18
I think we are in for it tonight. A bomb cyclone happens when atmospheric pressure in the middle of the storm drops at least 24 millibars over 24 hours, quickly increasing in intensity. (The lower the pressure, the stronger the storm.) This particular bomb cyclone sweeping through the East Coast is forecasted to drop by 36 millibars, which is a lot. According to Martin, it means the storm is going to lose the equivalent of about 3.5 percent of the entire mass of the whole atmosphere, from the ground to outer space. “It’s exceptionally intense,” he says. “That’s the most unusual thing about this storm.” (Unlike hurricanes or tropical cyclones, winter storms don’t get a name. Sorry, storm.)

03-Jan-18
Flash freeze that froze mammoths solid while eating?

03-Jan-18
START YOUR ENGINES!!!!!!!!

03-Jan-18

bigswivle's embedded Photo
bigswivle's embedded Photo

03-Jan-18
Shuteye, in CT they're calling it "Brody". I'm in the 8-14" zone. Hopefully at the low end.

03-Jan-18
I'm just west of I95 and don't know what to expect. I'm retired, so it doesn't make too much of a difference. :)

03-Jan-18
Thanks goodness the Northwest is in a Gorbal Hockeye zone.

03-Jan-18
"When Winter Storm Grayson Will Slam Northeast Expect heavy snow, damaging winds and blizzard conditions"

Headline from the weather channel. I seem to remember the winter storms get named.

03-Jan-18
I have my diesel truck full of fuel and it starts. My tractor has a low battery but my jump start will start it. I have two big buddy propane heaters and a little Buddy propane heater in my ground blind. I don't even need to wear gloves in the blind. There is a two day deer season that opens Friday and I plan on taking my .50 Cal muzzle loading pistol with 100 grains of powder and a 300 grain Aerolite bullet in it to try and get a shot. Need one more deer but have enough in the freezer if I don't get another one. Snow makes great blood trailing but the last one I shot with the pistol only went a few yards. I would have seen it fall if it wasn't for the smoke.

03-Jan-18
Duck hunting in the Morning

03-Jan-18
JVT, I have my Gator running good and actually crossed a small frozen pond with it this afternoon. Need it to haul out deer. Beats the heck out of dragging. Tomorrow I will be doing donuts if we get the snow. They say there is a 100% chance.

03-Jan-18
It's not warm by any means it's a frigid 45 tomorrow with showers, you guys are nuts, I have driven in MI & OH in some of those nasty blizzards and freezing rain. If that happen here, traffic on every road would come to a complete stand still.

03-Jan-18
We had 3 inches for a few days and then a warm rain moved in from down south.

03-Jan-18
I started my tan Saturday. Should be as dark as George Hamilton by Spring Break.

Stay warm mis amigos.

03-Jan-18
Yes everything in Portland did grind to halt as usual, it is hilarious watching the news filming the Portlanders trying to drive in the snow, who what of thought our snowflakes can not drive in the snow. Almost as fun as reading Leftytutu threatening Great Americans.

03-Jan-18
My daughter was here in Illinois for the Christmas Holidays and she drove back to Virginia today and she just texted me that she's home.......WHEW!!!!

04-Jan-18
My heart goes out to you folks. Stay safe.

I'll just be sitting here quietly in the corner..... if it makes you feel better I'll be turning the ceiling fans off tonight...... might get a blanket out....

04-Jan-18
We were down on Tybee Island, GA for the Christmas Break and I found it quite funny at all the people down there worried about it hitting 32*. They were afraid their pipes will freeze, so most of them started turning in their outdoor faucets. It was in the 40’s-60’s all week and none of them could understand why I was wearing shorts. I guess it’s odd what we get used to, and find comfortable.

04-Jan-18
My daughter's rat terrier can't pee in the yard. Snow's too deep. All is lost.

04-Jan-18
We need more farting cows and SUVs to warm it up a bit!

04-Jan-18
It has warmed up to 22 degrees and is snowing but the snow will be landing some where to the Southwest of here the wind is blowing so hard. There are two foot drifts behind my house and we probably haven't had over 2 inches of snow. As soon as the storm passes it is going to get cold.

04-Jan-18
My daughter's in Arlington, Va. and while they will get wind and some flurries, they're not calling for any real accumulation. It's definitely a coastal storm I guess.

04-Jan-18
My friend did a stint at McMurdo station in Antarctica a few years ago. Sent pictures of the guys playing volley ball in -36F weather wearing sweatpants and hoodies. Said you get used to it and it doesn't get cold til it approaches -80. No thanks. Said average temp is about -50F +/-

04-Jan-18
"Bomb cyclone". Seems the climate change, global warming warriors had to come up with a new term to strike fear into the hearts of the unbelieving masses.

I guess N'oreaster ain't scary enough.

04-Jan-18
Weather Channel names storms, but they are the only one that uses the names. I think the term "bomb cyclone" came about because of the process of bombogenesis, which this storm is expected to go through. The description above was correct. Sometimes I think they just make stuff up though. Either way, it is a rapidly intensifying storm, but will not reach too far inland.

04-Jan-18
I knew a biologist who worked on fishing boats in the bearing sea this time of year, this ice accumulation was incredible, the would take baseball bat to break it off of the rigging lines, sometimes up to several inches thick.

04-Jan-18
On a scale of 1 to 10 this storm is a weak 3.

04-Jan-18
Bombogenisis is common it happens to many nor’easters.This one isn’t nearly as bad as some we see.Never heard them called bomb cyclones before.Here they are called weather bombs and they are very common.

04-Jan-18
In Minnesota they call this Tuesday.

04-Jan-18
LOL!

04-Jan-18
Good one Sage. LOL.

04-Jan-18
Bomb cyclone, what a crock . Just like Polar Vortex, I’ve lived in NY’s lake effect snow belt for 64 years and never heard that term used by the weather guessers, until a couple of years ago. And, of course, man made global warming has caused all these things.

04-Jan-18
It's 44 down here in TX. The wife and I are about to take our evening walk. I'd love to back up to New England area to visit, last time I was there was summer 1975 it was great.

05-Jan-18
Here it is, the Gorbacle has no shame what so ever and his zealous worshipers keep lapping it up. Where is GJ when the bowlibs need him?

Al Gore: ‘Bitter cold’ is ‘exactly what we should expect from the climate crisis’

PS: He is quoting non other than the hockey stick graphing Dr Michael Mann, the confirmed liar and master of the climate Three Card Monte computer models/algorithms.

05-Jan-18
Spike, you are correct, but that is what Nor’easters do.

• Sitka Gear