Paul 05-Jan-18
04-Jan-18

I just wish I had come up with this!!

04-Jan-18

Quality kills!!!

04-Jan-18
They really are pretty fun

04-Jan-18
I have horses on my place and the usual debris that goes with them. With one of these it'd be like going on a fly version of an African safari!!!

04-Jan-18
I think I'll stick with a fly swatter.

Matt

04-Jan-18
gg, cleaning up salt? from what, the picnic table? i suppose you could take it out for finer dining but surely the wait staff would oblige

pat, just wait, mathews is coming out with a compound version....Sodium LX or something like that, very forgiving, accurate, doesn't make a mess

04-Jan-18
"2018 model has double the rubber dampers and you can make waffles with it too!"

Can you make an 8.8" shot with one ethically? What if you practice regularly out to 10"?

04-Jan-18
I have to say it’s pretty fun. My son got one last summer and we’ve had some fun contests sitting on the porch swing shooting wood boring bees. Wing shooting them is the best. No sport shooting them off the rails. :-)

04-Jan-18
I can see someone shooting a fly that’s sitting on a stereo or DVD player. Salt and electronics, not good. But the good news is if you need to salt your food you can just have someone shoot you some salt.

04-Jan-18
Hey DL, you just gave me an idea...........

Maybe we can film a fly hunt, and then edit it of course and make it look like we shot it at 20 yards! I'll even whisper to the camera, even though we'll film that part after we "smoke" one at 2'. I can even call that one a "Turd Donkey"!

04-Jan-18
That's super cool. Joey Ward, what's the effective range on them? Have you tried using sand?

04-Jan-18
About 3 feet makes a good enough pattern and energy to knock down bumblebees and wasps. Closer is better for outright kills. Regular salt makes for a denser pattern but shortens the effective range. We’ve been using the more granular kosher salt for more knock down power on the larger insects at longer distance. 5 feet is pushing it.

Sons frat brothers got him interested in it as they shoot insects around their house and when grilling outdoors. And have competitions shooting flys.

But when he brings his home we shoot those boring bees and wasps of the porch. It is pretty fun while waiting on burgers or steaks grilling.

He’s spent his money on less then worthwhile stuff. :-)

05-Jan-18
So, if I use a fly swatter am I considered an elitist/trad shooter?!?

05-Jan-18
Depends......what's the flyswatter made of? And are you wearing WWII camo and a Jones hat or a fedora?

05-Jan-18
Great just what this thread needs is a leatherwaller with his elitist additude ;)

05-Jan-18
We have a couple of them at hunting camp. Before the cold weather I was killing a lot of bugs with salt.

05-Jan-18
"I think I'll stick with a fly swatter. Matt"

LUDDITE!!!!

05-Jan-18
Proves too much sodium will kill you.

05-Jan-18
Am sure he’s laughing all the way to the bank

• Sitka Gear