dm/wolfskin 13-Jan-18
Jim Moore 13-Jan-18
sleepyhunter 13-Jan-18
Woods Walker 13-Jan-18
07-Jan-18

Paul's Link
Well at least they are lower then last year

07-Jan-18
well they can only kill so many before they run out.

07-Jan-18
Unbelievable

07-Jan-18
The City of Chicago's southwest near suburbs are full of non-working gravel pits (Lyons, Thorton, etc.), some of which are quite deep. I always thought it'd be a great idea to round up all the gangbangers and gangbanger wannbes, take them to the old gravel pits and give them all the guns and ammo they need......but they cannot leave. When they finally kill each other off then bury the SOBs. This way no innocent bystanders get whacked. It's a win/win!

08-Jan-18
When will the Colin Kaepernick crowd start taking a knee over these numbers?

08-Jan-18
You have to take a knee in Chicago, it makes you harder to hit!

08-Jan-18
The weather got cold and they had to get off the street corners ...

08-Jan-18
Don't worry, Oprah will clean up her state when she is President in 2020....not.

11-Jan-18
2017 Deadliest ‘hoods Austin 83 384 467 Garfield Park 36 224 260 North Lawndale 41 212 253 Englewood 49 201 250 Humboldt Park 26 150 176 Auburn Gresham 25 116 141 South Shore 32 108 140 Grand Crossing 22 109 131 Roseland 36 94 130 Chicago Lawn 20 88 108 New City 18 83 101 West Pullman 11 77 88 Little Village 8 72 80 Near West Side 16 57 73 Chatham 13 59 72 All Others 235 886 1121

What a lineup! I have the pleasure of inspecting the post offices for repair in all these neighborhoods. Also some beauties in Milwaukee & St. Louis, including Ferguson. In Chicago, Austin & Englewood lead the way every year. But for me, Garfield is the scariest to drive through. I always book these for January/February when I have the best chance to survive.

11-Jan-18

Zim1's embedded Photo
Here's your problem
Zim1's embedded Photo
Here's your problem
One of the fringe benefits of having a Chinese wife is getting a 3 week vacation every year in complete safety. The contrast is truly amazing, literally another world. I routinely see kids playing outside at night even in the lowest tier neighborhoods of Sichuan. China's economy is already totally converted from communism. As the old gov't guard dies out and they inevitably become a democracy, I really hope they retain their criminal justice policy.

12-Jan-18
All the talk about fecal holes and one must always put Chicago in the top of the list...

Karma?

Dem AG Candidate Robbed At Gunpoint In Chicago During Campaign Photoshoot

Via Fox News:

A Democratic candidate running for Illinois attorney general was robbed at gunpoint Thursday during a campaign photoshoot in Chicago.

The Chicago Tribune reported that Aaron Goldstein, 42, and members of his campaign team were approached by three men in their early 20s. One of the men had a handgun and demanded Goldstein and the campaign aides turn over the camera equipment and other personal belongings, including their cell phones, which they did.

According to the Tribune, law enforcement sources confirmed that they had no one in custody and did not release a description of the suspects.

Goldstein’s campaign manager Robert Murphy, who was not with the candidate at the time, explained that he was taking promotional campaign photos with an “in-the-neighborhood kind of” message, according to the Tribune. The incident took place in Albany Park.

Keep reading…

12-Jan-18
"The Chicago Tribune reported that Aaron Goldstein, 42, and members of his campaign team were approached by three men in their early 20s. One of the men had a handgun and demanded Goldstein and the campaign aides turn over the camera equipment and other personal belongings, including their cell phones, which they did.

According to the Tribune, law enforcement sources confirmed that they had no one in custody and did not release a description of the suspects."

Ooops! That means they're BLACK! How'd the get the guns though? Chicago has some of the toughest gun laws in the nation. That can't be right.

13-Jan-18
What is the 2018 numbers for deadly shootings so far in Chicago?

13-Jan-18

Jim Moore's Link
16 shot and killed: 61 shot and wounded. The site at the link keeps a running tab on Chicago violence along with where they were shot, ethnicity, etc.

13-Jan-18
You live by the sword you die by the sword. Evidently the thugs in Chicago haven't figured it out. Probably never will.

13-Jan-18
If you lived near Chicago sleep you'd know that it's all the fault of the white people that live downstate and in Indiana who own legal guns. Those same guns that hurt no one suddenly turn violent and go on killing sprees as soon as they hit the streets of Chicago. So if those of us "downstate" didn't have guns then the people in Chicago wouldn't be shooting themselves.

As asinine as this sounds, this is the actual explanation given by Chicago Democrats!!!

• Sitka Gear