JTV2 08-Jan-18
Mint 08-Jan-18
Huntcell 08-Jan-18
Shuteye 09-Jan-18
bad karma 10-Jan-18
07-Jan-18

Woods Walker's embedded Photo
Woods Walker's embedded Photo
....it was SO cold that my truck grew an antler icicle!!!!

08-Jan-18
It was minus 2 degrees here this morning and my heater quit. Thank goodness I have Buddy propane heaters. Two of them keep us comfy until tomorrow. BTW, my diesel truck didn't want to start. It is sitting right out in the cold. A week ago I bought one of those little tiny Jump Start gadgets. It is real small but I hooked it to one of the batteries in my truck and the truck started right away. That little thing only cost $99. How in the world that tiny thing has so much power is amazing.

08-Jan-18
-35 in northern NY

08-Jan-18
-4 yesterday with zero wind. Saturday was -2 with a 20 mph wind. It would cut you in two

08-Jan-18

Grey Ghost's Link
It got so cold in Florida It was raining frozen iguanas.

Matt

08-Jan-18
The big chill ended here yesterday. Today it will get above freezing. I hunted afternoons in that frigid stuff. Saw deer on every hunt, never got a shot off. Basically, the deer handed me my butt. Even with the pressure I was putting on these deer, they were still hitting the food during shooting hours. Trying to be quiet was impossible. The deer could hear me walking on that cold , noisy snow at least a 1/4 mile away. I never fooled them. I learned a lot from those deer during the big chill. Noise and movement will get me busted faster than scent. And, don't limit myself to just afternoon hunts. Look out deer next year. Pay back is a med evac. I also lost some $$$ to the grandkids. They bet me I wouldn't get one by Sun pm when season closed here.

On the 3rd I found a dead 8 pt in the woods behind my house. I think it froze to death.

08-Jan-18
Coldest air temp we had here in central Vermont was -32. Windchill was -45.

Might hit +50 here Thursday. Crazy weather!

08-Jan-18
Working round the clock on freeze ups, leaks and no heats here in NYC. Making $ mad dog

08-Jan-18
Pretty much zip for snow this year after getting pounded last year. I have seen one day below zero and that was back in October. we usually have a few weeks of sub zero during December, January, and into February sometimes. It has been unseasonably warm here. In the 50's for a couple of weeks. Weird. Seems to have the deer and elk kind of messed up as well. Was elk hunting last week for the wifes late season cow, and heard from some others that the elk are still up around 8000 feet. We saw some bulls down low 6000 feet or so. We did see some deer up around the 8000 foot level, though. Not enough snow to force them down.

08-Jan-18
You want snow, ill send ya some ... we got 25" down in some places

08-Jan-18
Came back from my florida hog hunt on Friday. Some mornings in FL it was below freezing on the ranch we hunt. The morning hunt was slow but midday and evenings were great. Coming back to a foot of snow and temps below 15 degrees wasn't fun.

08-Jan-18
According to the Great Lakes Environmental Research Lab at Ann Arbor, Mich., Lake Michigan has never completely frozen over, a result of the vast reservoir of heat contained in the lake, along with the constant wind and wave action. In some of our harshest winters, (1903-04, 1976-77 and most recently 1978-79) Lake Michigan was more than 90 percent ice-covered.

09-Jan-18

Shuteye's embedded Photo
Shuteye's embedded Photo
Well it snowed in the Sahara. Ain't that special.

10-Jan-18

bad karma's embedded Photo
bad karma's embedded Photo
Here's how cold it was.

• Sitka Gear