Grey Ghost 01-Feb-18
Bentstick81 01-Feb-18
Grey Ghost 01-Feb-18
Sixby 01-Feb-18
BIG BEAR 01-Feb-18
Annony Mouse 02-Feb-18
Irishman 02-Feb-18
29-Jan-18
Figured I would get a head of the rush and start the thread early.

Lot of comments about Trump's first SOTU speech from all sides. A lot are rather humorous. As a student of humor, there is little to laugh at coming from the left as studies have shown that this is another deficit in the make-up of a liberal: what is funny to them only focuses on hatred. They have no ability to understand irony nor even chuckle at their own foibles.

Seeing that the entire Democrat party has staked its future on the importation and votes of the illegal immigrant population, many of their Congresscritters are giving up their seats or providing ducats for seating to their future voters...even convicted felons.

I thought I was the only one that could imagine that Trump would bring some of his government supporters...ICE...to the speech. However, my twisted thoughts have been supported on numerous sites and pundits. Nice feeling knowing one is not alone with their thoughts.

Anyway...from Stilton's Place (creator of Hope 'n Change Cartoons):

29-Jan-18
Looking forward to hearing Trump rub victory in the Dems face. Should be great TV.

29-Jan-18
I several students being interviewed this morning about Trump's speech and to a person the said he was a racist, a divider and hated every word of his speech. Problem is, He has not given the speech and Obama is the racist and divider and Trump is helping the country and trying his best to bring the country together. We'll see who the haters and dividers are after the speech./ Not during./ God bless, Steve

29-Jan-18
I several students being interviewed this morning about Trump's speech and to a person the said he was a racist, a divider and hated every word of his speech. Problem is, He has not given the speech and Obama is the racist and divider and Trump is helping the country and trying his best to bring the country together. We'll see who the haters and dividers are after the speech./ Not during./ God bless, Steve

29-Jan-18
Media reports that a convicted felon will be attending.

The filling of the balcony with illegals by the Democrats is merely a stage play. Should they be there, it will remind Blacks, Hispanics, union members and other segments of their party that ILLEGALS come first.

However, Trump has one upped them. ICE agents will be standing by the entry doors with their agency posted visibly on the back of their jackets. Of course, far better visuals could be made with the arrest and detention on live TV.

29-Jan-18
In comparison, Trump has released a list of his invites...quite a different group of Americans.

Trump Released His Full List Of State Of The Union Guests — Folks Are Cheering One Name In Particular

On Monday, President Donald Trump released his full list of guests that he will be bringing to the State of the Union. POTUS’ guests typically sit in the first lady’s box and are sometimes referred to in the president’s remarks.

Trump made news this weekend with the announcement that he would be bringing a mother whose daughter was slain by the ultra-violent MS-13 gang.

When the president released his list of guests there were many honorable names on it. However, one stood out and has been talked about more than most on social media.

Marine Matthew Bradford is an American Hero. He joined the Marine Corps in 2006 and was deployed to Iraq. While deployed, he stepped on an IED and was blinded and crippled by the blast. Matthew did not let the injury deter his service. After rehab and surgeries, Matthew re-enlisted, becoming “the first blind, double amputee to do so,” according to the White House.

After graduating college, Bradford told CBS:

“I was severely injured on January 18, 2007, where I lost my vision and my legs,” Bradford said.

It’s a setback that would have sidelined many. But anyone who knows Bradford knows determination is what drives the Purple Heart recipient.

“I reenlisted in April of 2010, becoming the first blind double amputee to re-enlist.”

A truly incredible story.

Bradford will be joining Melania in the First Lady’s box along with some other remarkable individuals.

Here is the full list of Trump’s honorable guests at the State of the Union, according to a White House press release:

President Donald J. Trump and First Lady Melania Trump Announce Special Guests for the State of the Union Address

President Donald J. Trump and First Lady Melania Trump are pleased to announce that the following individuals will be their special guests, seated with the First Lady, at the President’s first State of the Union address:

Corey Adams: Corey Adams is a skilled welder at Staub Manufacturing Solutions in Dayton, Ohio, where he has worked for more than eight years. During 2017, Corey and his wife were able to become first-time homeowners, and they will invest their extra money from tax reform into their two daughters’ education savings.

Elizabeth Alvarado, Robert Mickens, Evelyn Rodriguez, and Freddy Cuevas: Elizabeth Alvarado and Robert Mickens are the parents of Nisa Mickens. Evelyn Rodriguez and Freddy Cuevas are the parents of Kayla Cuevas. Nisa and Kayla had been close friends since elementary school, but in September 2016, the two girls were chased down and brutally murdered. Their deaths were among a string of 17 Long Island slayings that have been attributed to Mara Salvatrucha, also known as MS-13.

Corporal (Ret.) Matthew Bradford: Matthew Bradford joined the United States Marine Corps straight out of high school and deployed to Iraq in 2006. In 2007, he stepped on an improvised explosive device (IED). Shrapnel shot into both of his eyes, blinding him, and the explosion also took both of his legs. After multiple surgeries and therapy, Matthew reenlisted in the Marine Corps – the first blind, double amputee to do so.

Jon Bridgers: Jon Bridgers founded the Cajun Navy 2016, as a non-profit rescue and recovery organization to respond to flooding in south Louisiana. In 2017, the Cajun Navy set out to provide aid to those in Texas affected by Hurricane Harvey. He and the Cajun Navy 2016 have helped thousands of people across the South, and to this day, they are helping collect resources and donations for those who lost their homes in the storms.

David Dahlberg: David Dahlberg works as a fire prevention technician in southern California, stationed at the Pine Canyon Fire Station in the Santa Lucia Ranger District. In July 2017, he saved 62 children and staff members from a raging wildfire that had encircled their camp.

Officer Ryan Holets: Ryan Holets serves as a police officer in Albuquerque, New Mexico. In his six years on the force, he has been shot at twice and experienced several near-death encounters. Officer Holets and his wife adopted a baby from parents who suffered from opioid addiction, breaking down walls between drug addicts and police officers to help save lives.

Ashlee Leppert: Ashlee Leppert has dedicated her life to her country, serving as an aviation electronics technician in the United States Coast Guard. Last year, she rescued dozens of Americans imperiled during the devastating hurricane season. Nothing has left more of a mark on Ashlee than her efforts to lift a woman to safety in a helicopter basket. The woman was clutching a few bags of what Ashlee thought were clothes. As she drew the woman near, however, Ashlee saw four sets of children’s eyes looking at her as their guardian angel.

Agent Celestino “CJ” Martinez: CJ Martinez is a Supervisory Special Agent for the United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s Homeland Security Investigations unit. He has spent much of his 15-year tenure working to dismantle transnational criminal organizations, including MS-13. His investigations have led to more than 100 arrests of MS-13 gang members who have been prosecuted for crimes including homicide, assault, and narcotics and weapons trafficking. CJ is a proud veteran, having honorably served our Nation in the United States Air Force and Air National Guard for more than 22 years.

Staff Sergeant Justin Peck: Staff Sergeant Justin Peck has served in the United States Army for eight years. In November 2017, he was part of a team, along with Chief Petty Officer Kenton Stacy, that was conducting a multi-day mission with partner forces in Raqqa, Syria to clear IEDs from territory previously controlled by ISIS. After the team had located and disarmed seven IEDs, Chief Petty Officer Stacy was clearing the second floor of a hospital building when he was struck by an IED blast and severely wounded. Without hesitation, Staff Sergeant Peck, who was holding a position outside the building, rushed to Stacy’s location on the uncleared, IED-ridden second floor. Staff Sergeant Peck’s actions – including applying a tourniquet, placing an endotracheal tube, and performing artificial respirations and CPR – were directly responsible for saving Chief Petty Officer Stacy’s life.

Preston Sharp: Preston Sharp was visiting his veteran grandfather’s grave in 2015, when he noticed that other local veterans’ graves were not being honored with American flags or flowers. Today, Preston has organized the placement of more than 40,000 American flags and red carnations on soldiers’ graves, as part of his goal to honor veterans in all 50 states and to challenge others to join the Flag and Flower Challenge (#FandFChallenge).

Steve Staub and Sandy Keplinger: Siblings Steve Staub and Sandy Kepingler started Staub Manufacturing Solutions, a contract manufacturing company specializing in metal fabrication, twenty years ago. Today they serve as president and vice president, respectively. Thanks to the “Trump bump” in their business, Staub Manufacturing Solutions has seen an uptick in sales, employment, and optimism. They have grown their team from 23 to 37 employees over the last year and recently expanded by acquiring a new building. Following enactment of the tax cuts and reform legislation last year, they were able to give all their employees larger than expected Christmas bonuses.

29-Jan-18
Have not watched it for 8 yrs. I will this one.

30-Jan-18
Probably be the highest rated SOU in history.

30-Jan-18
But will it beat the superbowl? :-)

30-Jan-18
I will be watching. The shows after the address will be fun too. They will tell you stuff you were too dumb to hear President Trump say.

30-Jan-18
I don't think I could contain my happiness if illegals were arrested tonight. The melt down would be beyond epic

30-Jan-18
The US Markets will soar tomorrow.

30-Jan-18
When is the Super Bowl?

30-Jan-18
The best one to watch afterwards for a good laugh will be Maxine Waters on BET!!! LOLOL

I can't even imagine the goofy outfit and hat she will have on. You will probably need sunglasses, and even then you will only be able to handle a few short glimpses at a time!

30-Jan-18
Anybody wanna count how many "I"s, "Me"s and "Let me be clear...." will be said during the speech.......

I'll take "great", "YUGE", and all Trump's other statements any day.

30-Jan-18
BET? I don't watch racist TV stations.

30-Jan-18
I picture the Baptism scene in The Godfather movie. Trump speaking about putting America first, putting Americans first, and Making America Great Again.

Mean while in the background...Obama, Hilllary, Bill, the dirty DOJ and FBI players, etc etc are all hand and ankle cuffed together in a long line shuffling to the prison transportation bus.

In another scene...Schumer, Pelosi, illegals, Self Rightious Hollywood Eletists, My Feelings Are Hurt Snowflakes, etc etc etc are all loaded into an oil tanker and pushed out to sea...go find a different country to destroy. If your not with us your against us.

30-Jan-18
"The US Markets will soar tomorrow.

Let's hope so after these last 2 days.

Matt

30-Jan-18
“Anybody wanna count how many "I"s, "Me"s and "Let me be clear...." will be said during the speech.......” .

As I’ve told my employer for the past 30 years...”You take the credit, just give me the cash”.

30-Jan-18
One big takeaway from that guest list... draft dodger or not, Trump loves the military and they love him!! Reminds me of when I was in the Marines and Reagan was Pres./CINC.

30-Jan-18
Bet the TV ratings are better than the Grammy's by a long shot!

30-Jan-18
This will be the first one I watch in it's entirety in 8 yrs

30-Jan-18
"BET? I don't watch racist TV stations."

WW I don't watch it either. I heard that on the radio yesterday morning. I laughed just hearing it!

30-Jan-18
Some one said today that Pelosi is arranging a walk out at some point. May not be true.

30-Jan-18
I sure hope she does. She will be helping Trump get a second term.

30-Jan-18
If I were Trump I'd take that as a compliment!

30-Jan-18
"Some one said today that Pelosi is arranging a walk out at some point. "

You have to see her leave to know what she stands for.

30-Jan-18
The walk into the hall is going to be 10 minutes on its own!

30-Jan-18
Who dressed Savannah Guthrie?

Had to have some WD-40 and a crowbar. :-)

30-Jan-18
I like when he gestures at the Democrats, hinting where they ought to stand up. Mocking their petulant attitudes and sour puss glares. Ha!

30-Jan-18
"Americans are dreamers too". You got to love that.

30-Jan-18
Mitch looks as bad as the Dems.

Terry

30-Jan-18

30-Jan-18
""Americans are dreamers too". You got to love that."

Home run right there!!!!

30-Jan-18
You got to love the USA chant!

30-Jan-18
You know DAMN well it wasn't the Dems chanting it either!

30-Jan-18
^Yup....(to the Americans are dreamers too line)

30-Jan-18
Loved it. Felt like smacking those smug dems, though, sitting there all stupid looking...

30-Jan-18
Lot of long faces in the Dem crowd. Great speech.

30-Jan-18
Led by the ginger kid choking back tears on TV as democratic response

30-Jan-18
Joe Kennedy giving his nonsensical rebuttal in Fall River MA.....another shithole bye the way

30-Jan-18
I want to puke listening to this guy.

30-Jan-18
The dems supplied great 2020 campaign material, sitting their with pinched faced liberal might in opposition to Jobs, ISIS, Illegal job takers, NK etc... What a bunch of morons and the dems response was to resuscitate Camelot with a know nothing elite Kennedy....

Priceless

30-Jan-18
Thank you President Trump for honoring and showing respect to our Military and Law Enforcement and Firefighters and hard working Americans !!!!

"They deserve our total and unwavering support " !!!!!! I love it !!!!!!!!

30-Jan-18
"I want to puke listening to this guy."

I turned it off then went to check on how the airbow thread was progressing...

30-Jan-18
HDE, smart move I wish I had done that. Lol

30-Jan-18
Mike Huckabee said a bunch of medics had to be called to administer Metamucil to the democrats.

30-Jan-18
Well, they did it to themselves. Of course, it's everyone else's fault...

31-Jan-18
Trump just hit a grand slam into the upper deck, best SOU speech in history! And the Democrats couldn't respond, they know they're DOA for the mid-term elections.

"Joe Kennedy giving his nonsensical rebuttal in Fall River MA....."....bobble head..:)

31-Jan-18
JTV..... but, Nancy is so "hot"! ........ 8*))

31-Jan-18

31-Jan-18
"Americans are dreamers to"

That should hit home with everyone including lefties.

31-Jan-18

BowSniper's embedded Photo
BowSniper's embedded Photo
Nice moment with that North Korean defector standing defiant, holding the crutches he used to escape.

31-Jan-18
Americans Are Dreamers Too!!!!

YAH!

31-Jan-18
Always respect the flag and always stand for the national anthem.

Loved it. Great job Mr. President.

31-Jan-18
Nancy Pelosi was having a hard time keeping her dentures in place .then they respond to a great SOTU speech, by bringing out another priveledged, born with a silver spoon in his mouth, out of touch coastal elitist, never worked a day in his life, Kennedy.

31-Jan-18
That was the exact reaction I had Squash. It's because of people like him and his ****ing Uncle Teddy that we're in the dilemma that we're in now with DACA and the rest of the illegal immigration mess. It was a KENNEDY that pushed the 1986 Amnesty Bill and then when the time came AFTER they gave amnesty to all the illegals that were here that the government was REALLY going to crack down so this wouldn't ever happen again......and they did nothing. Now were dealing with the exact same bullsh*t again and another Kennedy is feeding us the same line of bullsh*t.

"Fool me once........"

31-Jan-18
Great speech. It looked like to me that all the dems would look over at schumer, to see if they should clap, or not, after Trump would say something. Nothing but a bunch of puppets on strings.

31-Jan-18

Shuteye's embedded Photo
Shuteye's embedded Photo

31-Jan-18
This was the first SOU speech I've watched in probably 20 years. IMO he hit the nail on the head and did a great job. There might just be hope for our great country.

31-Jan-18
Anybody watch Don Jr. on Hannity afterwards? I enjoyed the interview. He said it was very obvious in the room that many of the demoncrats were very uncomfortable not standing and clapping at times. I also loved how he mentioned that he was at the SHOT show last week. He said he had no less than 15 FBI agents come up to him and ask him to tell his dad to keep up the work cleaning up the FBI in Washington. They are tired of the 7th floor tarnishing their badges!!!!

It may have been Brett Hume on FOX that said it looked like every democrat had their dog die right before the speech!!! LOL

Joe Kennedy, I sure don't know what country he is living in, but it sure the heck isn't the same one I am!!! Preaching dome and gloom when things are brighter than they have been in many years!

Headhunter, I know you think Nancy is a hotty, but are we sure she wasn't dug up out of a grave and revived? They can't even put enough makeup on her to look decent!!!

I hadn't heard Huckabee's comment, but I told my dad that if I could afford the cases of Exlax, I would mail a box to every democrat with a letter saying that they appeared to need a good bowel movement at the State of the Union speech!

31-Jan-18
I never watched Obamas SOU speeches..... Did the Republicans sit and disrespect the President like the Democrats did last night ?? They were an embarrassment to our country.....

And what was up with that Kennedy kid ?? It looked like he had spittle on the corners of his mouth..... yikes.

31-Jan-18
Yeah.....I too wanted to puke watching the Kennedy read his speech and try to interject some fake emotion!!! Would make me feel better to punch him in the mouth!!

31-Jan-18
Kennedy: “We choose pensions that are solvent, trade pacts that are fair, roads and bridges that won’t rust away, and good education you can afford."

Ummmm....Trump said all of that in his speech and your cronies couldn't even muster a clap! Well at least you had the first tranny my tax dollars paid for supporting you, what a true American hero.

31-Jan-18
Where was Supreme Court Justice Ginsburg? Is she even alive?? News host said she was "not attending". If that is a political statement she should be debarred and lose her position as nothing is more impartial than passing judgement on a speech that hasn't yet been given.

Pelosi looked like she was going to chew a hole through her wrinkled cheek. LMAO!

Amy Klobachaur...I have a lot of respect for her as a Democrat. In a sea of close minded libtards filled with hate she was the one ray of hope on the Dem side...showing class, separating herself from those using the moment to draw attention to themselves as victims, standing and clapping when appropriate, not looking around and blindly following the childlike reactions of your party. She's what I call a "good Democrat".

"Americans are Dreamers too" Here! Here! Knocked that one out of the park. My kids dreams for the future matter too!!!!!!!

31-Jan-18
He needs to stop mugging like he's channeling Benito Mussolini. But, then, I imagine most folks don't even know Il Duce anymore. There were outstanding moments from a content, policy and political perspective. I know I have a bias but he really seemed to pin the tail on the donkey last night.

31-Jan-18
I wanna hit Pelosi right in the face with a balloon filled with pancake syrup. Did you see her pussface

31-Jan-18
He needs to do exactly what he has been doing. Nobody is going to change him and why should they even offer a attempt. The guy is on a roll. No need to change the tires at this point. The entire night was summed up in "Americans are Dreamers too". The Democrats and their base went white for the first time in their life after that one.

The Rock

31-Jan-18
X2 Rock! And PLEASE let them keep underestimating him.

31-Jan-18
Looks like she's got a mouth full of that new candy called dreamer balls.....

31-Jan-18
I think she just threw up in her mouth......thank goodness it's closed.

31-Jan-18
South Farm......Amy Klobachaur does nothing but vote straight dem party line & needs to go. I want some one from my state in the Senate that's going to work for me not against me.

31-Jan-18
Mattis got a YUGE round of applause at his mention in the speech. So deserving!

31-Jan-18
Maybe it's not slobber Solo......

31-Jan-18

Woods Walker's embedded Photo
Woods Walker's embedded Photo
Who was the genius that put him....a KENNEDY....in front of a car being repaired? Was this one fished out of a creek with a drowned woman in it too?

31-Jan-18

31-Jan-18
Drooling Joe Kennedy Cuts to Spanish During SOTU Dem Response, Promises Illegal Aliens, “We Will Fight for You!”

Dem's campaign rhetoric for 2020, try and make America a shitehole again.

31-Jan-18
""President Obama’s first State of the Union speech in 2010 featured the president saying some version of “I” or “me” nearly 100 times. That was nearly four times more than Trump managed -- 98 personal references to a mere 26.""

""A review of the president’s prepared remarks by The Daily Caller reveals he used the word “we” more than four times as many times as he said the word “I.”

President Trump used the word “I” 29 times in his speech, while using “we” 129 times. Another communal word used often by the president: “our,” which he used 104 times.""

31-Jan-18
LMAO!!! Slimy Louie probably sh*t himself!!!! LOVE IT!!!

31-Jan-18
Pi$$ on the ACLU. They don't like it, they can pack their a$$es and leave.

31-Jan-18
"Faiz Shakir, the ACLU's national political director"

The name says it all! Yeah, we got a million "Faiz Shakirs" running around here in Southern Illinois........

31-Jan-18
Last night's speech prompted me to write another email to my (unfortunately) US Senator Durbin..............................

Senator Durbin: Here's a list of items that you and a majority of other Democrats at the State Of The Union Speech last night refused to applaud............

- job creation

- higher wages

- lower African American and Hispanic unemployment rates

- bonuses for employees

- securing the border

- fighting the opioid epidemic

- merit-based immigration

- the American flag and the national anthem

- in God we trust

- a path to citizenship

- Recognizing Jerusalem as Israel’s capital

- diminishing the Islamic State

- lower prescription drug costs

- defense and modernizing our nuclear arsenal

You actions tell me that you apparently do NOT favor any of these major issues. If that's the case then WHY are you in the Senate supposedly representing the VAST majority of Americans who DO want these things?

I anxiously await your response sir. Thank you.

31-Jan-18
"Yeah, I just saw that he's claiming it was Chap Stick."

Uh huh......like Bill Clinton claimed that the dress stain was tartar sauce.......

31-Jan-18
That's was Willys special sauce.

31-Jan-18

Grey Ghost's Link
"Senator Durbin: Here's a list of items that you and a majority of other Democrats at the State Of The Union Speech last night refused to applaud............"

I wonder if Senator Durbin will realize you plagiarized your letter to him.

Matt

31-Jan-18
"Last night's speech prompted me to write another email to my (unfortunately) US Senator"

Yeah - mine were a bunch a stewing crying babies as well.

31-Jan-18
Truth be told, I really don't give a crap what that liar thinks. Whatever response i might get back from him, if any, will be a load of crap like the other responses I've gotten from him.

31-Jan-18
Excellent speech! Finally a president discussing things Americans are interested in.

I was not fond of the idea of amnesty for 1.8MM illegals but in this climate, that may be the only thing allowing us to get the other 3 pillars.

I also wish he'd addressed entitlements. All of the infrastructure($1.5T suggested) will have to come from somewhere.

31-Jan-18
Today the Congressional Budget Office issued a report advising Congress to consider raising the debt ceiling earlier than anticipated to account for the revenue loss brought upon by the GOP tax legislation. Consequences of an Unnecessary and untimely tax break for the rich.

31-Jan-18
I must be rich then because my Federal taxes went down.....

Funny.... I don't feel rich living in my 70 year old house worth about 70g.......

31-Jan-18
BB, I found out I’ll be paying more. But that’s not the biggest point. I’m happy to pay my fair share. In a civilized society taxes are just a necessary evil. I acknowledge that. My issue is 1) we’re in debt. Is this now a time to take in LESS revenue to pay off that debt? 2) our infrastructure is crumbling. More and more each day. How are we going to pay for that rebuild? Again, with LESS revenue! 3). Corporations have been raking in massive profits for the past 3-5 years. Why do they need a tax cut? And don’t be fooled by those 1000$ bonuses. If the corporations really wanted to reward their employees, raise their wages and give them benefits for their families. 1000$ after taxes is peanuts compared with the billions the corporations will save in taxes THAT WE NEED TO FIX THIS NATIONS DEBT and INFRASTRUCTURE.

31-Jan-18
What i find most interesting is the Dems. Instead of saying to themselves...we better get with it and help this country- they pout. That Black Caucus is the worst. Seeing the black father that lost his daughter pound his chest after Trumps comments hit a nerve- there are US citizens of every race that want a better life in this country and are realizing they won't get it from the stonewalling Dem leadership.

They were on display for the world to see last night. .....and it ain't pretty. Trump called them out in a nice way to work together.....we shall see.

31-Jan-18
Funny.... Obama said he was going to fix the infrastructure in one of his state of the union speeches too...... blah blah blah...... same old shitty roads and bridges here...... The nations debt is a number on a piece of paper to working Americans...... But a tax break is something that buys groceries.....

31-Jan-18
Oh, the BBC fact check of Trumps speech was positive.....anticlimatic.

One claim of best ever tax cut could be interpreted differently.

31-Jan-18
You wouldn't want to live where I live.... in the middle of the city on a postage stamp sized lot..... My goal is to move out to the country when I retire... hopefully where I can deer hunt out my back door...

31-Jan-18
BB,

Do it...asap. I did it 18 years ago, and it was the best move of my life. Nothing like waking up, having a cup of coffee, and walking out to your deer stand from your back door.

Be forewarned, however, when you get a taste of country living, you'll never want to be in the city again.

Matt

31-Jan-18
For sure GG.... I have 20 acres up north so I have a spot to hunt but it's a 5 or 6 hour drive.... I'm looking to expand my hunting opportunities by having a house near our kids where I can hunt.... oh, And a nicer 16 foot aluminum boat is on my list for fishing.

31-Jan-18
As my cuz told me when he went rural a few years before we did..."you haven't lived until you can have cup of coffee on your front porch in your underwear, and not have to worry about offending anyone."

;-)

Matt

31-Jan-18
"he's claiming it was Chap Stick"

Sounds a lot like Chappaquiddick.

31-Jan-18
I've never peed inside my house. That's when you know you're home.

31-Jan-18
The national debt will fix itself if the dumb politicians learned to live within a budget like the rest of us do...

The first to go would be the nonsense social wellfare programs.

31-Jan-18
he claims it was chapstick, i bet if you put a black light on it it glows.

31-Jan-18
Atheist,

You've had all day to come up with that? Come on man, you're to stupid to know how stupid you are. Get on the train or get off the tracks(move to Canada or Mexico)

31-Jan-18
Psst. Bigswivle. It’s ‘too stupid’. You’re too stupid. You’re welcome. Hope the irony didn’t jump over your head.

31-Jan-18
atheist. You are a liar, and a Fraud. You can't say anything that would jump over anyone's head, when all you speak is LIES.

31-Jan-18
"BB, I found out I’ll be paying more. But that’s not the biggest point. I’m happy to pay my fair share. In a civilized society taxes are just a necessary evil. I acknowledge that. My issue is 1) we’re in debt. Is this now a time to take in LESS revenue to pay off that debt? 2) our infrastructure is crumbling. More and more each day. How are we going to pay for that rebuild? Again, with LESS revenue! 3). Corporations have been raking in massive profits for the past 3-5 years. Why do they need a tax cut? And don’t be fooled by those 1000$ bonuses. If the corporations really wanted to reward their employees, raise their wages and give them benefits for their families. 1000$ after taxes is peanuts compared with the billions the corporations will save in taxes THAT WE NEED TO FIX THIS NATIONS DEBT and INFRASTRUCTURE."

Like a typical liberal, you pick and choose your points to make ignorant points. Here's a news flash, the only reason we are in debt and, Congress may need to raise the debt ceiling, is because government thinks they don't have to live within their means. Tax breaks do not create debt. That's a lie that the left and many on the "right" have spouted off for 4 months. However, irresponsible government on an out of control spending spree does. STOP SPENDING more then you get!!!!!!! Stop robbing from those that provide for your carelessness. AND, STOP BEING SO DUMB THAT YOU REGURGITATE THE LIE THAT TAX CUT'S CREATE DEBT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

31-Jan-18
"It is a paradoxical truth that tax rates are too high and tax revenues are too low and the soundest way to raise the revenues in the long run is to cut the rates now. Cutting taxes now is not to incur a budget deficit, but to achieve the more prosperous, expanding economy which can bring a budget surplus."

A quote from a President that understood that increasing the money in the private sector by reducing tax rates was the way to grow the economy resulting in more tax revenue.

31-Jan-18
Perhaps the government should run on public donations (like PBS) and have a couple of fund raisers each year. Government could offer premiums based on the level of donation. ;o)

Proregressives like Atheist probably would donate (if at all)at the tote bag level...and then complain that the rich (who would donate at higher levels) were getting better premiums...and he should be getting the boxed set of DVDs of Obama's speeches.

31-Jan-18
"As my cuz told me when he went rural a few years before we did..."you haven't lived until you can have cup of coffee on your front porch in your underwear, and not have to worry about offending anyone.""

Your cuz ain't lying! I made that move 29 years ago and I don't know how I could live any other way now. The only thing I would add to your cousin's statement is I also keep my bow strung and can grab it and some Judo arrows and shoot at whatever I want whenever I want. HEAVEN!!!!!

31-Jan-18

Shuteye's embedded Photo
Shuteye's embedded Photo
Well look at the channels the viewers used for the address.

01-Feb-18
So the SOTU had roughly the same number of viewers as each of the last NFL football games.

Ironic.

Matt

01-Feb-18
It must suck being such a pessimistic schmuck, but then being a closet democrat no one should be surprised in the least. I know you like to play pretend county boy but your still the sniveling metro-sexual you have always portrayed on the CF.

01-Feb-18
Boy GG. You must be related to atheist. You dems sure live a DOUBLE STANDARD. You come to me and complain to me, and you turn around and pull this $hit. What a dumba$$. You are another idiot, that comes on here and proves his ignorance. MORON. 8^)))

01-Feb-18
The millennial’s all have an opinion on the speech but very few watched it.

01-Feb-18
I figured that would ruffle some feathers.

Trump must be fuming that it took airing his speech on 7 networks to get the audience that a NFL game gets on one network. I'm sure he'll tweet that it was the most watched SOTU of all time, or some other such nonsense.

BTW, I thought it was a well-written speech, the author should be commended. And Trump's delivery of it didn't suck, either. "Anticlimactic" was a good way to describe it, IMO.

Matt

01-Feb-18
Only a Liberal Democrat would compare the NFL ratings to the importance of a SOTU speech from the President of the most powerful country on the planet.

01-Feb-18
Once again, if you can't dispute the message, you attack the messenger. When will you guys realize that tactic is basically admitting defeat?

Matt

01-Feb-18
But at least Trump was standing up!

01-Feb-18
""When will you guys realize that tactic is basically admitting defeat?""

Defeat from what? Agreeing with a guy who cares less about the country he lives in, and is more interested in NFL ratings is something I would never admit.

01-Feb-18
Nothing but deflections and spin as always.

01-Feb-18
The ratings I pointed to were factual statistics based on the best info I have. No one disputed them. I made no comparisons of the respective importance of those statistics. I just found it ironic, as I stated.

I did speculate on Trump's reaction to those statistics, purely based on his past obsession with ratings. For that, I guess I earned the "liberal Democrat" attack in the eyes of some. Sorry for not toeing the CF line.

Matt

01-Feb-18
I'm not disputing your numbers. I just don't get what your point is.

01-Feb-18
The point was the irony of our narcissistic POTUS, who has a long history of being obsessed with his own ratings as well as the NFL's, needed 7 networks to attract the same audiance that the NFL gets with one.

Beyond that, I just wanted to stir the pot a little. ;-)

Matt

01-Feb-18
Lol it seemed to work then.

01-Feb-18
Kinda fake math.... it's 7 networks showing the same one show. And that one show (Trump's SOTU) had over 40 million viewers, and the typical football game averages 10-15 million.

Except for the superbowl of course, but that was not the bait being cast....

01-Feb-18
Bowsniper,

Note that I said "the last NFL football games." Both NFL championship games, 2 weeks ago, had roughly the same TOTAL number (40 million) of viewers as the SOTU. The Super Bowl will likely double the audience of the SOTU (100 million veiwers).

Matt

01-Feb-18
The real questions to answer as far as ratings go is if the roles were reversed. If 7 networks covered the two games would they be similar to the SOTU numbers? If only one network aired the speech would it have similar numbers as the games had on one network?

01-Feb-18
The answer is, 40 million viewers would have watched the SOTU and both NFL games, regardless of programming....probably.

But, when the same program is aired on 7 major networks at the same time, it reduces the options for watching something else for many people. In that respect, the NFL games would probably have even higher ratings, if they were the only choice on 7 networks.

Gee, I thought my observation would wad a few panties, but I didn't expect to have to explain it.

Matt

01-Feb-18
Matt, when I was younger I often complained the SOTU was affecting my viewing pleasure. I didn’t care to watch it and often said why can’t they just put it on one channel.

I think the numbers would be similar no matter the amount of networks that aired either one.

I do wish the numbers were higher for the SOTU simply because the uniformed will cast an opinion that might be different if they had watched it.

When you hear people claiming it was racist I wonder did they even watch it. I thought it was a very patriotic speech and can’t see why any American wouldn’t want it to be.

01-Feb-18
Yes, Trump is very narcissistic. So that makes two straight narcissists in the White House. Obama used the word "I" so much that the button on his keyboard for capital I was about a half inch lower than any other key.

I presume that anyone willing to run for president has a certain amount of narcissism.

01-Feb-18
Michael,

I didn't hear anything racist in the speech, either. I dismiss those claims as NeverTrumpers doing what they do.

I actually found the speech rather subdued from what I was expecting. I figured Trump would jump on the opportunity to push more divisive buttons, like he does with his daily tweets. Instead, I was pleasantly surprised.

Matt

01-Feb-18
GG. You are full of $hit. You aren't interested in facts. I call out atheist with FACTS, and you SPIN it around, and call it INSULTS. Another delusional, dip$hit, democrat. Come on SPIN BOY. Spin us another bull$hit answer. 8^)))

01-Feb-18
Nice chatting with you, Bent. Keep up the good work.

Matt

01-Feb-18
No problem. Will do. You keep up the good job of spinning your replies, to match what you want. Make sure to take some pepto. 8^)))

01-Feb-18

Grey Ghost's Link
Speaking of Trump's obsession with ratings. Just as I predicted. LOL!

Matt

01-Feb-18
The biggest triumph of the Speech was the look on the Demon's faces. They refuse to support the Dreamers, The blacks, the economy, The security, The Armed forces and all they have left is a bunch of frowning skulls. I have never seen such a bunch of wicked, defeated , ugly people in my entire life. Shumer grew horns and Pelosi bit her tongue off. She was looking around to not anyone that was a Demon that applauded anything at all. If these people will not do their jobs and help make this country great for all people we need to remove everyone of them or just stop paying them cause they are not about this country or the people in this country. They are about them, The Demon Party and Money and the money has been cut off and the party is destroyed and all that is left is a bunch of dying leaches.

God bless, Steve

01-Feb-18
Wow Steve that doesn't seem so God like to call politicians demons and say they are growing horns....

God bless, Chris.....

PS.... I agree with you.

02-Feb-18

The candy crush player was Democratic Rep. Brenda Lawrence (Mich.) -- caught playing Candy Crush on her iPhone during President Donald Trump’s first formal State of the Union address on Tuesday night.

02-Feb-18
I thought Trump did pretty well on his speech. He stuck to his task and just said what he was supposed to say. Unfortunately the state of American politics is such now that neither side is going to cooperate with the other, no matter what. Politicians taking credit for stuff they had little part in, or influence over, is nothing new, it's always happened, Clinton did it, Bush did it, Obama did it, they all do it, and I'm sure that is so around the world. Trump taking credit for the 20% rise in the US stock market last year is no surprise, the fact that was below average compared to the rest of the world for last year doesn't matter, it was still a good year here, and any other president would have been claiming credit for it too. It's doing stuff like claiming it was the most watched SOTU ever, when it clearly wasn't, is what annoys me. There is no need to make stupid claims, just stick with the good stuff going on that is real.

• Sitka Gear