Sixby 08-Feb-18
Mike B 08-Feb-18
Rocky 08-Feb-18
BIG BEAR 08-Feb-18
Woods Walker 08-Feb-18
BIG BEAR 08-Feb-18
Woods Walker 08-Feb-18
31-Jan-18
So the train full of Repubs headed for that retreat crashed into a dump truck parked on the tracks.

Any theories?

31-Jan-18
theories, yea, it was a dump truck trying to get around the gate and didnt make it....its called an ACCIDENT !!...

31-Jan-18
Any theories,? Yes, get back on your meds or put the bong down...:)

31-Jan-18
Sabotage!!!

31-Jan-18
When you have an object the size of a train, the energy required to propel that object is measured in the multiple thousands of tons. When you take all that stored energy in the train and it strikes a truck weighing less than 100,000 pounds it will absorb that energy and will in all probability be destroyed. The fact that it was Republicans on the train and not Democrats means that they obviously had more total combined brain matter, which weighs more per gram than the poop which would have been the result if it were in fact the Democrats on the train, means that the damage was no doubt far worse.

Any questions? ;-)

31-Jan-18
Love that theory, WW!

31-Jan-18
Good grief!

Here we go again!

31-Jan-18
The train is moving again. They will take them back to Charlottesville , load them on buses and then to the retreat. The train has two locomotives and the rear one is fine.

31-Jan-18
The rear locomotive is fine and now taking the train back to Charlottesville where they will board buses and go to the retreat.

31-Jan-18
I say we remove the word irony and theory from the dictionary as it never has nor will ever apply to any situation that is posted on the CF. My God. The incident is 4 minutes old. No one knows for certain what or how this transpired except those on the CF? Talk about Billy the Kid and quick on the draw. Can't wait for this news conference from the officials after their investigation or the CF whichever comes first and last. Whew!

The Rock

31-Jan-18
Rocky,

Right on!

It's bad enough when he believes every conspiracy theory he reads on the internet, but in this case, because it's too soon after the accident for one to be online yet, he's asking the CF to create one for him. LOL!

31-Jan-18
Jack booted thugs did it.

31-Jan-18
Clearly ISIS was responsible.

Matt

31-Jan-18
RUSSIANS!

31-Jan-18
I dunno, Matt. I'm thinking it was the second shooter in the Las Vegas massacre trying to create a diversion and perhaps stop the Reps from investigating the FBI and the DoJ as well.

31-Jan-18
Nonsense. It was all planned by Rod Rosenstein and James Comey, to divert attention away from the release of the Nunez letter. :)

31-Jan-18
How does anyone go through life so paranoid ??

31-Jan-18
Garbage truck, huh. I smell a dirty bomb.

31-Jan-18
LOL, Solo!

31-Jan-18
My sources say the eGOP (whatever that is) and the smuGOPologists were behind it.

KPC

31-Jan-18
"Train Wreck"....first thought was the Democrat Party.

But, I did hear that a locomotive hit a truck.

31-Jan-18
One thing we know for certain is that if the 'alleged' 'accident' investigation is not 100% wrapped up in a very short time, it will be yet more 'proof' of a conspiracy and a cover up.

31-Jan-18
Gee, Nva, why are you so sure Rocky was talking about me and not you?

31-Jan-18

31-Jan-18

31-Jan-18
Spike,

Everyone here is talking about YOU!

31-Jan-18
Guys.

Garbage truck?

Waste hauling?

Tony Soprano?

This was obviously a mob hit gone wrong. They're going to find CIA fingerprints all over it.

31-Jan-18
I knew I was overlooking the obvious. Thanks, Obro.... lol

01-Feb-18
Do any of you wonder how the truck got between the barriers when the barriers were all supposedly closed way prior that that train coming through? I'm not necessarily questioning that it was an accident, Just do not see how it happened. Mrs Duffy said on Fox that they were told that all of the barriers were down. Is it possible that the truck got caught when they went down and didn't know what to do? That is the only possibility I can think of. But then why didn't they just drive over it and break it off? I believe that is what I would have done. God bless, Steve

01-Feb-18
Going around the bars that drop down is easy as pie.

PLEEZE! Enough of the conspiracy idiocy!

02-Feb-18
Oh, you are upset about my conspiracy theory, Nva? What theory did I postulate?

It is said that sometimes the only excersize some people get is jumping to conclusions.

02-Feb-18
Give it up, Spike!

You asked the CF to create a 'theory' for you, for crying out loud! And everyone here knows it!

02-Feb-18
Hahahhahaaa! Sometimes, Nva, you are such a dweeb!

02-Feb-18
HAHAHAHA, Spike!

You are the poster boy for conspiracy theories and have been for YEARS!

In all of those years, not ONE of your conspiracy theories has been remotely accurate, "E-GOP" boy!

Not even ONE!

The last I heard, 'JEB!' was not the GOP nominee in 2016, despite your never ending claims he would be!

Perhaps you missed that.

Then, because the train wreck occured too soon for one of your favorite conspiracy theory bloggers to give you one, you had to ASK the CF to come up with one!

ROTFLMAO, as is 'most everyone else here on the CF.

02-Feb-18
Was the driver a union activist?

Do we really believe this is another failed Democrat terrorist attack like the previous shooting?

03-Feb-18
That's it, Nva? That is the best you have! You are still saying that Jeb was not the early xhoice of the eGOP? And even that there was no SHOP? And even that there was strong EGOP opposition to a Trump candidacy, and even now some eGOP resistance? That the early users of the Fusion oppo research was not eGOP? You are on very thin ice with all of that, Nva!

Slow down and take a breath before you make a bigger fool of yourself trying so hard to make a fool of me!

After all, I would like to know what weaknesses in your character and personality makes you want to pick at me so?

03-Feb-18
Seriously Spike ?? You bring on all of the scrutiny that you get....

03-Feb-18
As do we all, BIG BEAR. However, that never justifies the incivilty of looking for opportunities to look down one's nose at someone, and especially not the invention of such opportunities.

03-Feb-18
Don't give them an opportunity.... stop with all the crazy theory stuff....

03-Feb-18
Questioning is really what we are supposed to do. My father once said Steve you ask more questions that anyone I have ever met. Grandpa said Darrel , how else can you learn? EOS. What I despise more than anything is gullible people that are also know it alls. There are some so called critical thinkers and partisans in here that attempt to Lord it over everyone else and when they fail then fall to name calling and degrading other people. They also display stalker tendancys. Not naming names and do not have to. We all know who you are. We are not the stupid, conspiratorial theorists you think we are. We question things that desperately need questioning. Then we look for and at the evidence. It is not conspiratorial. NVA as to evidence. You claim it is easy to get around. Perhaps for a car, for a pickup. But a trash truck?? I am with Spike here. Is that the best rebuttal you can muster/ Name calling and distortion. I have never seen one that is easy to get around. Perhaps they build them different where you live. CAlifornia and Nevada. I don't know. Show me a pic of some easy to get around and then for a truck the size of a trash truck to be caught between the two. Sorry my friend. That just does not wash.

God bless, Steve

03-Feb-18
An accident with a train needs to be questioned ??? Please.

03-Feb-18

Grey Ghost's embedded Photo
Grey Ghost's embedded Photo
"Show me a pic of some easy to get around and then for a truck the size of a trash truck to be caught between the two."

Umm...I've seen many railroad crossings that look exactly like this one. Plenty of room to drive a dump truck around the gates, or get caught in-between. .

Perhaps you should get out of your bunker and see the world, Sixby.

03-Feb-18
Vehicles try to beat those gates coming down to beat the train all the time...

03-Feb-18
There are train tracks a mile up my street and right through my shooting club. There is no way a regular pick up could easily get around them.

WHERE do you see a dump truck fitting around those, GG!

Be clear, there are several ways that truck may have gotten stuck in there, like perhaps he was in there when the arms came down, driving around the barriers seems lime the least likely and using that as a justification to indict my question is extremely weak.

My wife's aunt got stuck between the arms and killed, so yes, shat happens with trains, however, that doesn't prooved that everything is always just an accident.

03-Feb-18
"WHERE do you see a dump truck fitting around those, GG!

Good grief, Spike, put your spectacles on and look at the pic. The gates only cover one lane from each direction on a 2 lane highway, with about 30 feet in-between the gates. It's a simple "S" maneuver to get around them. We have crossings like that all over Colorado.

Matt

03-Feb-18
"Car tries to beat train at crossing but crashes into it"....

If I knew how to post videos I would...... It happened EXACTLY as Matt described....

There's video after video on line of similar incidents....

No new news there......

03-Feb-18
BB,

We have a similar crossing near us that often malfunctions after power outages, causing the gates to stay down. Fortunately, visibility is good from both directions. I've gone around those gates in my 30' RV a few times.

I hope you don't think I'm a scofflaw. ;-)

Matt

04-Feb-18

JTV's Link
Well, another Amtrak Train wreck... this time with a CSX Freight Train... 2 killed, more than 50 injured ... link ^^

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/04/amtrak-csx-trains-collide-in-south-carolina-injuries-reported.html

04-Feb-18
It's because of Trump and the Russians! Isn't it obvious??

04-Feb-18
That desperately needs questioning JTV..........

04-Feb-18
If you're still not visualizing it, Spike, maybe this will help.

Matt

04-Feb-18
The CF, which many attendee's believes itself to be "THE complete and last word microcosm of the world" "and good ole boy agreeing compliant buddies" may want to read once again the original post of this thread. This time word for word and derive its unquestionable meaning and intention. Try to dismiss in your prejudice exactly what was being asked and NOT who may have asked it. You may also want to factor in "when" the question was asked. I would say that if the original poster had been anyone of you "all knowing" of a mile long litany of many subjects, the proverbial "jack of all trades" the following post to the thread from the ..ahem..."participants" would have had "possible theories" complete with "maybe's" and " could have been" in their messages. Knee jerk reactions to a question that was never comprehended from its inception leads directly to the proof that "someone isn't thinking", and in this case "many", and spotlights the indictment of a name, not content, that is immediately discounted of contribution. Those that follow that thought with posts to its utter delight simply to degrade a member of the CF, are the small and inconsequential who honor themselves with mirrors, that is if your house possess one that reflects who you truly are.

Spike, My answer is that I can devise many theories to what "may have" occurred and until absolute and believable proof comes forth every theory known to man is possible. I would hope my life experiences could afford me that tidbit of the thinking process that probability does not always align itself with actual, total and complete outcome. This post of course within the time frame of your original post and question.

How was that folks? Now you can PM yourselves to your hearts desire and mount a offensive towards me. The fact remains. Hypocrisy is alive and doing VERY well on the CF attempting to humiliate someone who simply asks a question.

The Rock

04-Feb-18
Attempting to humiliate someone who simply asks a question ??? Come on Rock.

Every theory known to man could be applied to every single event that ever occurs.....

But when a man questions every single event that occurs and attempts to make more out of EVERYTHING than it actually is........

Well at some point ordinary people might view that person as insane......

04-Feb-18
Wow, that was a lot of typing to say very little, The Rock.

Given Spike's history of posting farfetched conspiracy theories that never come true, I understand the ribbing he took on this thread.

I also note that viable answers were given to Spike's original question that he dismissed as "impossible" or "the least likely", while implying it was some politically motivated "hit job" . Which further contributed to the razzing.

He brings it upon himself, IMO.

Matt

04-Feb-18
the only logical conclusion that makes sense of both of theses accidents, is that Amtrak is owned and ran by Democrats .... they wreck trains like they do cities and states .. ;0)

04-Feb-18
And don't forget economies, families, and whole industries!

04-Feb-18
Good posts JTV, Woods Walker. A lot of truth in them.

04-Feb-18
BB, "Every theory known to man could be applied to every single event that ever occurs...." Up until and which time the facts are determined of that event. The facts were in their infancy and NOBODY knew how this incident occurred at the time of his posts. "But when a man questions every single event that occurs and attempts to make more out of EVERYTHING than it actually is......." Again, EVERYTHING you believe actually is..." until which time you are TOLD differently, many times by those less than truthful. Correct? Or is it your belief that authority is ALWAYS honest and forthcoming? .....and the topper : "Well at some point ordinary people might view that person as insane....." Any "ordinary" person would not have the cognitive ability to think outside the box and engage their mind to the many complex possibilities of any surprising event and would in fact make their determination immediately on face value, that being an assumption. We all know who the child of the mother of assumption , don't we? I am surprised a LE officer would think this way. Maybe I ought not be. Insane? Having been forever told about the self described extraordinary people here we have now come to base our reactions to being ordinary. Interesting. Thank you for making my point loud and clear. He did NOT post a conspiracy on this thread and incident. As a matter of fact he asked for "any theories" and was met with ridicule based upon his prior posts on the CF being pre-labeled and prejudged.

GG,

"Given Spike's history of posting farfetched conspiracy theories"...and that about says it all and the gears that turn the mechanisms inside your head. I kept that as short as possible as not to disrupt the flow of consecutive words that seem to confuse you. You should be so eloquent in words of praise or agreement to those who you do not agree when they prove you wrong no matter your fondness for them. This is obviously an elusive target and character flaw of the weak.

I think apologies are in order for the unwarrantable embarrassment that may have been heaped upon this man considering the trivial nature that was intended. I may be asking for sweet wine from ORDINARY sour grapes.

The Rock

06-Feb-18

JTV's Link
the woes with Amtrak continue ... at 125 mph, this train falls apart ...smh ... ^^^

https://nypost.com/2018/02/06/amtrak-train-breaks-apart-at-125-mph/

06-Feb-18
If this is simply an accident the no one should ever get on Amtrac for any reason. Amtrac should immediately be shut down until they prove that they can provide safe transportation. There is no legitimate excuse for this wreck except terrorism, homicide of extreme neglect which would constitute reckless endangerment and minimal of neglegent homicide. God bless, Steve

06-Feb-18
"If this is simply an accident the no one should ever get on Amtrac for any reason. Amtrac should immediately be shut down until they prove that they can provide safe transportation. "

OMG!

According to your opinion then, ALL air travel, ALL water travel, and ALL motor vehicle travel should also be shut down because they also cannot guarantee safe travel 100% of the time for 100% of the people who choose those methods of travel.

Sometimes I wonder why I even come to the CF, based on the absolutely astonishing idiocy of some of the posters here.

06-Feb-18
"The gates only cover one lane from each direction on a 2 lane highway, with about 30 feet in-between the gates. It's a simple "S" maneuver to get around them."

I spent my life running a bunch of refuse trucks, roll-offs, hook-lifts, front loaders, tractor/trailers, etc. The turning radius of a straight truck of 34', center of front axle to center of rear tandem will not allow one to navigate that turn without tearing down the barricades. That wrecked vehicle looked to be a rear loader packer mounted on a straight frame. The refuse trucks I've driven all my life have a very short turning radius and would not have allowed a truck to navigate around those barricades without breaking them.

06-Feb-18

Annony Mouse's Link
Amtrack is becoming the image of the Democrat Party...coming "off the tracks" daily.

07-Feb-18
So now I'm not only a moron but an idiot to boot. Its a wonder I was able to put my socks on this morning. Personally I would not care one bit if you never came on again , Along with Athiest, and his clones. But it would make some other critical thinkers , such as yourself very unhappy. They would have to Lord it over the rest of us without your mealy mouthed input. I love the reasoning and critical thinking you exhibit. I am a moron because I want Amtrac to provide something that they have promised for years and been funded to do. Provide safe travel. That Baron NVA is a moronic thought???? I am curious. What really offended your Elitist self? Seriously how is what I said moronic and how many people would you like to see killed before Amtrac is held accountable? God bless, Steve

07-Feb-18
foxbo,

I totally agree. A 34' straight job is not going to make that "s" turn, at least legally and without damage. He could pass the first and nearest barricade on the off side of the road but there is no way he is rounding the furthest barricade in that short of a distance remaining on the road. Draft it out.

The Rock

07-Feb-18
"I totally agree. A 34' straight job is not going to make that "s" turn, at least legally and without damage."

There is nothing legal about going around downed crossing gates, so I don't know why that's even relevant.

Furthermore, the measurements I provided were estimates only. Railroad crossings come in wide variety of designs and measurements. As I stated, I've driven my 30' RV around crossing gates near me on a few occasions.

Lastly, even if the crossing in question wasn't wide enough to do a uninterupted "S" maneuver around the gates in the dump truck, that doesn't prove the driver didn't try. Is it possible he got half way thru the gates and realized he couldn't make it, and was in the process of trying to maneuver the truck back out when the train came thru? Or, is it possible the truck simply broke down while crossing the tracks, and the gates came down around it, thereby trapping the truck in-between?

If I'm not mistaken, didn't the driver of the dump truck survive the crash? If so, the truth about what happened should be pretty easy to determine in due time.

Matt

07-Feb-18
Thanks for pointing out that I never postulated any theory, Rocky, let alone a conspiracy. I said as much to Nva but he dismissed it offhand, as did the other "critical thinkers"!

Funny, I was always taught that critical thinking starts with a questioning attitude and here we have the "smart" guys attacking me for questioning! The irony is too thick! And their defense of jumping to conclusions just so they could attack me is laughable and totally expected.

So much for the open minded intellectuals! They behave like snowflakes!

As for the truck, perhaps it could have gotten in there somehow. That is one THEORY, isn't it....

07-Feb-18
I have never encountered a RXR crossing where a 34' straight job could make that turn without damage. As I said if you would have read, there are possibilities such as inexperience but then that would be under "theoretical" not actual conditions until the evidence is in from the survivor. It would appear he gave it a shot but then again...

Why in the hell would YOU do something so dangerous possibly placing others in harm. Seriously?

The Rock

07-Feb-18
Never underestimate the stupidity of people.

07-Feb-18
"Why in the hell would YOU do something so dangerous possibly placing others in harm. Seriously?"

Had you read, you'd know the answer to that. The crossing gates near me have malfunctioned after power outages a few times, leaving the gates in the downed position even when there's no train anywhere near. There's at least 2 miles of visibility from both directions at this crossing, so maneuvering around the gates safely is no big deal. The alternative is a hour back track loop to another crossing, or wait for the gates to get repaired.

Matt

07-Feb-18
Matt,

What if you are driving with air brakes and the Cervo's go out on the truck while your on the tracks. A train two miles away is gonna sweep your ass away by time you release the springs. Don't do it man. Not worth it.

The Rock

07-Feb-18
"As I stated, I've driven my 30' RV around crossing gates near me on a few occasions." I believe you. One thing to consider, your front axle was probably further back than the axle on a refuse truck. Things like that make a huge difference in turning ability. The further the front axle is located towards the front of the vehicle, the longer the turning radius.

07-Feb-18
"Why in the hell would you do something so dangerous......."

See the Tide Pod Challenge thread........

08-Feb-18
Big Bear, I've no words for the Tide challenge idiots. I really don't have a clue as to what the hell those stupid fools are about. I'm afraid when the day will come when they manage the country. Almost as scary as the hippy liberals trying to run the country now. :)

08-Feb-18
Funny how you would compare Matt to a Tide Pod eater. LOL Belly Roll LOL Love it, God bless, Steve

08-Feb-18
Rocky, if, in the one-in-a-bazillion chance that the air system leaks down low enough to set the spring brakes on your trailer just as you're crossing RR tracks, you kick in the diff-lock and drag the SOB off the tracks.

Then you call the tire truck out and have him rotate all the outside trailer tires 180ยบ. That stops the "thump-thump-thump" of having the new bald spots on the tires side-by-side.

Next step you get under there and cage off the springs. That way they won't lock on you again while you drive to the shop to fix the damn air system.

08-Feb-18
Mike B, Do that with a train bearing down on you 2 miles out going 70 miles an hour in your direction. You have less than 1.8 minutes before impact. People can't take a piss in 1.8 minutes. Adios Amigo, your in the newspapers. No matter the odds being 2,000,000,000,000,000 -1 someone had to be 1 to make those odds. I know what to do because this happened to me on trolly tracks on Torresdale Ave.. in Philly way back. We blocked the trolly traffic for 25 minutes until the springs were released. We had a outright diaphragm failure, not a leak. Boom/stop /frozen, and you ain't pushing a Tri-Axle with 22.5 tons on it. Not in that time frame your not.

The Rock Whats the difference? The point is do not go through RXR crossings when they are blocked.

08-Feb-18
It's one thing to cross the tracks when it's obvious that there's a malfunction and no train within miles..........

But it's Tide Pod Challenge insane to blow the signal to try to beat the train.......

08-Feb-18
It's called...EVOLUTION. Weed out the stupid ones. It makes the gene pool stronger.

08-Feb-18
Yeah but unfortunately the dumb ass that pulls in front of a train might weed out some innocent people on the train.....

08-Feb-18
True.....I stand corrected. Not to mention the mental anguish to the train's engineer. Hitting a deer or a dog is bad enough, but I don't even want to think about another human being, or God forbid kids in the car.

• Sitka Gear