onX Maps
Robert's rules of order
Community
Contributors to this thread:
Keith 08-Feb-18
jjs 08-Feb-18
HA/KS 08-Feb-18
08-Feb-18
I am not sure of proper procedure here. What is proper? Should vote tallies in a general meeting be published in the minutes? Such as Bob received 10 votes, and Bill 4 votes.

Should the vote tallies be announced if the established majority is not met, yet is being voted on again until the majority is reached? Such as Bob received 10 votes, and Bill received 9 votes, but because a 2/3 majority is needed, there is another vote for Bob vs. Bill. Should the vote tallies be announced or just announce that the 2/3 majority has not been met, and we vote again?

08-Feb-18
Keith,lol, one of my past clients written a manifesto base on Robert's Rule. Had to bring the state omnibusman into to arbitrate the gent from being sent to the state mental facility by the Dept. of H.H.S. do to sending the manifesto to the state AG for being the president of his imaginary organization. It was scary what could happen but funny when looking at it.

08-Feb-18
At one time we had an hour each week designated as D.E.A.R. Drop Everything And Read. Unfortunately, many students would grab a book (any book) from the library on the way to the classrooms.

At the end of the reading period one week, a kid said "This is the most boring book I have ever read."

I looked and he had picked up a copy of Robert's Rules of Order and spent the entire class period trying to read it with probably no clue what it was even talking about.

I have a friend who has been president of some national organization of parliamentarians. I go to him with this kind of questions.

• Sitka Gear