Contributors to this thread:
slade 09-Feb-18
Ace 09-Feb-18
Woods Walker 09-Feb-18
Highlife 09-Feb-18
slade 11-Feb-18
09-Feb-18

slade's Link

The headlines throbbed with indignation; the editorial pages exploded in rage. Republicans pressured Ives to take down the ad: making fun of liberals must not be tolerated.

But Ives stood her ground. She told the City Club of Chicago this week: “I respect people who are different than me.”

Where she draws the line is where the state, in the name of tolerance, violates the rights — and raids the wallets — of Illinois residents who disagree.

Purely on tactical grounds, the ad is brilliant. Chicago media rarely cover a Republican candidate, unless he or she does something “wrong.”

No, the ad is not an accurate representation of transgenders — and it is not meant to be. It is a send-up of the liberal social agenda, which Rauner has advanced — in this case, signing a Democrat bill to let transgender people change the sex on their birth certificates, which some conservatives fear could lead to abuses.

Suddenly, Ives is surging — and Rauner is attacking her. Republicans in Illinois are waking up to the fact that they have an alternative — and she is the real deal.

The third-term State Representative, West Point graduate, U.S. Army veteran, and suburban Chicago mom offers more than a chance to force Rauner to account to the base he abandoned. Ives also offers a real chance to win the general election, and save Illinois from its continued slide into fiscal catastrophe.

09-Feb-18
Has she got a sister that we can run here in CT? You may have the worst Republican Governor in the country, but I think we have the worst period! Dan Malloy just proposed the 4th round of tax increases in his 8 years. And he apparently plans to move out of state after he finishes his term this year.

09-Feb-18
Not only will we wind up with a Dem, but it'll be a Sh*tcago Dem.

I'm just waiting for my opportunity to exit this place.

09-Feb-18
They know , azzhats don't want to get off the gravey train. There's not enough space here to list all the corruption that goes on let alone aww forget it just pisses me off !

11-Feb-18

• Sitka Gear