JTV 06-Apr-18
BIG BEAR 06-Apr-18
JTV 06-Apr-18
TGbow 06-Apr-18
Spike Bull 07-Apr-18
JTV 07-Apr-18
06-Apr-18

Spike Bull 's Link
As usual, anybody who dares to carry on with Trump's agenda gets crucified by the Demon commiEs, politicians and their lapdogs in the Opress. Of course, the right has no trouble pointing that out.

06-Apr-18
The shame is that the left will never actually look where the real information is.

06-Apr-18
Where ?? On Breitbart ?? Rush Limbaugh's show ?? I thought he went off the air when he became a drug addict.....

06-Apr-18
BB, any one can become addicted to opiod's, esp. the way they have been pushed on to us from doctors and big. Pharma... .. Rush is still the #1 radio and I have yet to hear where he is wrong in his assertions about the liberal left/democrats and this lousy congress ... while you may not like the guy for what ever reason, he is one of if not the best when it come to the conservative movement and defeating the dastardly liberals/democrats ....

06-Apr-18
JTV, that cannot be! That Spike guy brought it here from, of all places, Brietbart! Gotta be rubbish!

06-Apr-18
Brought it here from his bunker....

06-Apr-18
There's a lot of media out there to enjoy. But if you view something and spontaneously believe it's perfect, because it fits your world view... pause and go seek out the opposite. R bias and L bias are real - and as bad as folks want to view a CNBC watcher to be... it's zero difference from brietbart/Fox/OAN etc. All are biased and agenda driven. So the truth, most likely, lay's in the middle.

(Not trying to "start something"... Just find it interesting that news sources with affirming views are considered correct while those which do not affirm our views are considered wrong.)

That was an interesting article. A bit toxic for my taste (snowflake and all), but created some questions which Ill go investigate to find answers.

06-Apr-18
You are certainly correct, Will. And when somebody doesn't fit one's world view, similar dynamics occur. Unfortunately, the strongest factor in some people's character is their normalcy bias.

06-Apr-18
CNN/MSNBC and the rest of the FAKE news media has been outed to be untrustworthy and seem to be enemies of this country in oh so many ways.... when these FNM outlets are 95% anti-gun and anti-Trump why bother with them ... Fox is #1 for a reason, there is less bullcrap that comes from them and they tend to post the news in their news shows in fact and the way it happens without the bias, with a few exceptions such as that pissant Shepard Smith, I refuse to watch that twit.... Geraldo is another I wont watch, I despise the guy...... the Talk shows are different of course, Hannity, Tucker, Laura, Levin, Watters and the rest tend to show what the fake news outlets dont want you to see, hear or understand ..... Hell, if it wasnt for Hannity we wouldnt know anything about the FISA/Clinton/Obamagate scandals and the illegal goings on within the FBI/DOJ....... there is no doubt the FNM is biased and for that reason, I refuse to watch them as do many millions of others who see right thru that bias and the lies they put forth .. why do you think CNN is at the bottom of the fishgut barrel and MSNBC is stuck at #2... they are not trustworthy thats why and Fox is more trustworthy, the ratings prove this out....

06-Apr-18

JTV's Link
https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/politics/item/26059-harvard-study-confirms-media-bias-against-trump

06-Apr-18

JTV's Link
https://www.conservativereview.com/articles/yes-cnn-the-msm-is-fake-news/

06-Apr-18
Totally agree SpikeBull.

JTV, So, the only "real" news outlets are hard right or right? The only news that is "true", "real", "accurate" etc, comes from those sources? The ONLY truth comes from right/hard right sources?

06-Apr-18
Fox is as close to the middle of the road reporting of the news there is on a national scale, there may be some local outlets that are "middle of the road" ... Like I said, Fox is #1 and has been for a long while... that is because people go there for the news with out much bias ... there may be some online sites that can be considered non-biased but it sure as hell isnt Vox, Huffpo, Wapo, NYTimes, Politico and a host of others.... its funny that when Brietbart does post "news" and outs the lefts lies that outing is frowned on ..... CNN/MSNBC and the rest of the Alphabet channels have proven themselves not to be trust worthy with their years of bias and fake news .... There are some reporters and Journalists that are trustworthy, Sara Carter, John Soloman, Laura Ingraham, Mark Steyn, Michael Baron, Neil Cavuto, George Will, Peggy Noonan, Paul Gigot and others... these journalists will report both the good and bad of either the left or right and they will rip into this pussified Republican congress just as well as they will the Dems...

06-Apr-18
JTV - cool. Ill do some digging into some of those folks. Some I've heard of, some not so much. RE the papers/news, Huffpo for sure. Sorta open source "stories" vs news there... Vox/Politico, I'd say those are Brietbart equivalents (other end of the spectrum though).

OAN is so far out there to the right that I cant see my left hand when I watch it. Though have to admit, the "series" they had on about the "Clinton Years" or something like that was interesting. Been so long since all that stuff that I didnt remember many of the players etc.

Thanks for the ideas.

06-Apr-18

KSflatlander's embedded Photo
KSflatlander's embedded Photo

KSflatlander's Link

06-Apr-18
KS - that, is an awesome link. Affirms something that I've been going on - that APNew's is a pretty straight shooter, which makes me feel good about my primary news choice.

I particularly liked this portion of the page you linked too: https://www.allsides.com/media-bias/media-bias-ratings

I'm saving that link of yours to dig into it more.

Unrelated, but the more I've pondered it, the less ratings would matter when it comes to whether something is honest. Ratings just say how many people are watching, not how valuable, or real, or important something is.

Regardless, It's interesting to look at info I dont agree with. Helps me learn more, and look at my belief's with a more critical eye so I can continue growing.

Your link is awesome KS - thanks for that!

06-Apr-18
Its a pretty good link; however, those doing the study also recognize that judging how left or right a source may be is subjective or qualitative in nature. But it's the best source on the subject I have seen. I tend to check any source with those in the middle to see if there are commonalities. We all have to remember that no news sources is always wrong or always right...always good or always bad. I try to get my news from many sources, left, right, middle, and compare.

06-Apr-18
Ive used Allsides on here from time to time, they do seem to be fairly non-biased and show "allsides"

06-Apr-18
Whackos on the left wearing vagina hats and whackos on the right digging bunkers and prepping for doomsday.....

06-Apr-18
you can never be to ready ;0) ......

06-Apr-18
We all know how accurate the main stream media is..lol

I dont let anyone do my thinking for me but it don't take a rocket scientist to see how the left had screwed up environmental regs.

07-Apr-18
As important as which way they spin things are the omissions they make. Most lefty channels are giving minimal coverage to things detrimental to their agenda regardless of their real import to US.

The constant barage against Trump's every fart while skipping all info about the traitorous felonies of hilliary, obama, and soros and their weaponization of every powerful alphabet agency under their cartel are prime, undeniable examples of this.

I have seen major stories represented by 10 second sound bites in the middle of a low viewership time period specifically so that the channel could counter arguments like mine by showing video of their "newscaster" airing the incident all the while, by design, almost none of their normal viewers would see or recall it.

These games are much more sophisticated than even your most warry viewer and we are played constantly.

07-Apr-18
does anyone here think that if the tables were turned and it was Trump or the prior Bush administration that spied and had their DOJ/FBI and others create a fake dossier to get FISA warrants on the opposing candidate that the MSM/CNN/MSNBC/Fake news outlets would not be going bonkers over it..... Hell, these damn outlets are ignoring the crime/News story of the century all for political gain and their hate of Trump ... the only one on the ball is Fox news and some online news organizations and real journalists like Sara Carter and John Soloman and the like ..... hell, just look at the way some of those FNM outlets and their people tried to cover for lying McCabe, it was sickening ..

• Sitka Gear