LaughingWater 09-Apr-18
Annony Mouse 11-Apr-18
Mike the Carpenter 11-Apr-18
osage 11-Apr-18
Knight Archer 13-Apr-18
ben h 13-Apr-18
JD 13-Apr-18
09-Apr-18
Hi all - i am doing some research on the traffic management industry. I am interested in chatting with anyone who might work at a state, city, local etc Department of Transportation in a traffic management or traffic engineering role... if anyone is willing to chat for a few minutes, please PM me. thanks!

11-Apr-18
Came across this today:

11-Apr-18
They installed the first one in Michigan between my work and home. All I can say is WOW!!! In thought, it goes against all logic. Driving through it (the second time) is a breeze, and wonder why there aren’t more of these around.

11-Apr-18
Very interesting design, however the curve radius appear to be rather short which would require superelevation at the flyovers or a reduction in speed speed at the horizontal divergence. It also appears that the design would be expensive to construct. However, if the design reduces or eliminates fatalities it would be money well spent. Much better expenditure of taxpayers money than a bullet train to nowhere.

13-Apr-18
There is no such thing as a traffic engineer. Traffic managers, traffic techs, etc. but definitely not engineers unless you guys made the name up for yourselves.

13-Apr-18
Transportation is one of the areas of expertise of the Civil Engineering field. Technically you're right and there is no such thing as a "Transportation Engineer", but there are Professional Engineers (PE) in civil that specialize in transportation. I'm a civil PE, but I do heavy civil and utility work and only know enough about tranportation design to tell you I don't know sh#$ about it. I remember a Transportation question on the PE test during the general portion of the exam and after reading the question 10 times, I didn't even know what the question was. It could have been about traveling through space, time and black holes for all I know.

13-Apr-18
Know what you mean Mike. The first time I went though a Diverging Diamond I was asking myself what the hell was that,,,,,,and I'm a Highway Dept CE Tech. Did a little research when I got back home and they make sense for controlled access highway interchanges.

• Sitka Gear