Grey Ghost 12-Apr-18
bowbender77 12-Apr-18
Grey Ghost 12-Apr-18
TD 12-Apr-18
Grey Ghost 12-Apr-18
Michael 12-Apr-18
Shuteye 12-Apr-18
10-Apr-18
Has anyone been watching it? I can’t help but find a some humor in it. On the other hand Facebook went from a platform to a publisher”

Got to love when Feinstein got the timeline and facts wrong in Cambridge.

Hatch asks Zuckerberg “ How do you sustain a business model in which users don’t pay for your service?”

Zuckerberg “Senator we run ads”

Senator Cruz asked the best question “Does Facebook consider itself a neutral public forum?”

10-Apr-18
He would have had it made if all the senators questioned him like Booker. He used his five minutes running his mouth instead of asking questions. Ted Cruz was the best and showed Facebook is against conservatives. Just the fact that Diamond and Silk are considered dangerous to the community is very telling.

10-Apr-18
I follow diamond and silk on FB. For awhile there I was wondering what happened to them. They had disappeared. Come to find out they were censored.

Another is Alfonzo Rachel he was censored for awhile as well.

10-Apr-18

Shuteye's Link
Here is the video of Ted Cruz. Had to wait two hours into the hearing before anyone had guts enough to bring up how bias Facebook is to conservatives.

10-Apr-18
Just like you guys are famous for saying here. This is a private enterprise. The 1A is not guaranteed on a private platform like FB. Isnt that the essence of owning your own company? I don't like it anymore than I like being censored here. Ive had complete posts taken down, photos taken down and I"m sure I'm not the only one. So don't be a hypocrite. FB can take down and put up whatever they want. Just like the CF does all the time!

10-Apr-18

Shuteye's Link
John Kennedy got him good too.

10-Apr-18
your fav IMposter. If you wouldn't LIE on every thread, and be willing to change your ways, you wouldn't have those problems. We are being a hypocrite for exposing a LIAR, that wants to continue to be a LIAR. Yep, what a dumba$$. 8^)))

10-Apr-18

woodguy65's embedded Photo
woodguy65's embedded Photo

10-Apr-18
He should decide to become a politician. He WILL NOT answer yes or no. Always answer with a deflection discussion. One senator repeated the question FOUR times and he would not say yes or no. The question was "would you support legislation to limit young folks access.

10-Apr-18
Basically they CLAIM to be something they are not, and then knowingly lie to the public as to what they really are and what they really do.......

I'm certainly not shocked PaulZ is a huge fan of their running a private company so. Fits his MO to a tee.....

Personally, they can run it any way they wish. But need to be publicly called out on their knowing lies and deceitful claims. Exposed as to who they really are. Over and over..... As all liars should be.......

10-Apr-18
Some of the people asking questions were just taking up space as usual, Cruz did good & definitely made him pay attention. One thing, he's a good dancer like many politicians on answers.. He didn't make 66 Billion without doing something wrong..

10-Apr-18
**** ZUCK!!!!

10-Apr-18
I am curious if this is the beginning of the end of FB.

I asked the same question on FB. It’s amazing how many people are uniformed or flat don’t care about what’s going on with FB.

10-Apr-18
BookFace. They used to laugh at me for being so out of touch.

10-Apr-18
I've never been on it. I was considering it for advertising my business but after this no way.

**** ZUCK!

11-Apr-18
He just reminded me of the girl that went before Pelosi some yrs back wanting her birth control pills acting all cutsie... Zuckerberg thought he did a good job, but in reality he dodged questions and acted as if the panel were ignorant.

11-Apr-18
You mean like a liberal does?

11-Apr-18
Funny how these big liberal companies like Facebook and Google say they are ethical and good but they are far from it.

11-Apr-18
It's amazing to me that liberals claim this is freedom of expression by a private company when out of the other side of their mouth they hammer down freedom of religion by a private company when they decide they don't want to bake a cake. Liberal hypocrisy truly knows no bounds.

11-Apr-18

11-Apr-18

11-Apr-18
YUP! Just like you stoners.

11-Apr-18
I wish I could share YouTube clips on here. Smart phones are not so smart. Haha

Rep Billy Long told Zuckerberg “congress does 1 of two things either we do nothing or we overreact. We are about to overreact.”

11-Apr-18
You have to admit some of these old guys questioning him about FB and technology sounded as stupid as liberals talking about guns.

FB is ran by lefties and will be slanted in what they control...news flash.

Business opputunity for someone, create a Fox News type of competitor for FB and Twitter.

11-Apr-18
LHCA, I have to agree, it explains why a businessman was elected President. People are sick of electing ,career, dumbass, lawyer ,out of touch ,politicians.

Their questioning of Zuckerberg exposed the stupidity of Congress again. If you fail to be successful at anything in life, you can always become a politician.

11-Apr-18
When you come right down to it there are congress people, who can't balance a budget, trying to tell a billionaire how to run his business.

11-Apr-18

Michael's embedded Photo
Michael's embedded Photo

11-Apr-18
Michael, I don’t have a fb account and rarely go on my wife’s, I think it is harmful. If you disagree with what he is doing to peoples data, the solution is simple, stay off FB.

Also, I don’t care for Zuckerberg. But portraying him as a child sitting in a high chair, is laughable. He was the smartest person in the room, and has made several more billion $, while testifying. Congress could learn from him on how to run a business or country successfully.

11-Apr-18
We really have some sharp people in the House, one asked zuckerberg how do they make those little a's with a circle around them. Honest, right in front of the cameras that was asked. @

11-Apr-18
Squash,

I have been on FB since it pretty much started. I don’t have any concerns about FB having my data. The data breech was threw an outside app in FB. I wasn’t part of it so my data wasn’t shared. I also have an Instagram account, Twitter account and snap chat. My teenage daughter has been a big influence on my social media presence.

I am well aware of how smart Zuckerberg is. I am also aware of how much money he gives away.

The high chair meme is actually more of a joke on Congress then Zuckerberg. The old duffers of Congress treating Zuckerberg like a young kid. I don’t agree with the censorship but it’s his site so for now it’s his rules.

11-Apr-18
It must be the PCP he mixes with his weed.

11-Apr-18
Zuckerberg,...good for him. He is smart and started a novel, high tech business and earns lots of money for himself and lots of others. He and "his" FB (yes his FB with a liberal slant and censorship which is regrettable) did nothing wrong, and neither did Trump! Obama leveraged the same high tech FB social outreach and then more!...this would not be a story if Clinton had won the election... Zuckerberg in front of the Congress is such a folly and total show. As was previously suggested, the play field is wide open for a similar high tech social network though with a conservative approach and appeal.

11-Apr-18
Watch it JTV, Lefty-tutu is going to ninja you with his shitzu moves.

12-Apr-18
I don't think anyone has said their censorship was illegal. But certainly some pressure could be brought to bear from a PR standpoint. Getting them to come right out and state they censor conservative ideology, religious or political views they disagree with would be..... awkward for them. Could mean big losses of "product" (not customers, the membership is in reality is the product they grow, produce and sell.) And all happening at a time the brand itself is taking hits from all sides.

What they MAY have some legal and ethical issues with is allowing third parties unfettered access to personal information. After 2012 I believe they were forced to make changes to their "membership" agreement to better protect users of the platform. In reality they pretty much just blew that off and continued to go on about their very profitable business...... THAT is what this was supposed to be about. But you're not going to get too many high and tight fastballs thrown at you from the very people you donate a good deal of money to for their campaigns......

12-Apr-18
So how do we reign them in ? Have congress pass more regulations ? If so, it will benefit Zuckerberg and FB. His company has enough money and expertise to weather these possible new regulations. Any small conservative alternative to FB company trying to start up, will be restrained by the new regulations and will go broke before it gets started.

This is true for all small business, government regulations are small business killers.

12-Apr-18
Squash, Your questions are exactly why FB wants Net Neutrality. Zuckerberg even made a comment about Net Neutrality when he was talking to the senate.

I think Rep Long’s comment about “congress does two things. Either they do nothing or they over react.” I can see them over reacting like usual.

12-Apr-18
I've never had a FB account, never used it, and never will. So, all of this is rather meaningless to me. They could shut it down today and it wouldn't affect me or my wife in the least.

Matt

12-Apr-18
FB is ok to visit if you don't let it dominate your life. It's good for finding old friends. Some people take it way to extreme with their politics. When I run into that I block the person or unfollow their news feed. I'm there to visit with family/friends. Not get the current news.

12-Apr-18

12-Apr-18
I think FB has contributed to a generation of socially misfit young people. I'd love to see it shut down.

Matt

12-Apr-18
It was funny to see Zuck in a suit instead of his usual t-shirt and jeans.

12-Apr-18
"So has Apple. Would you like to see them shut down too?

Cell phones are just a tool to access sites like FB. That said, I could easily live without my cell phone, too. Technology doesn't always improve quality of life, IMO.

Matt

12-Apr-18
Since apple was mentioned.

Someone took a photo of Zuckerbergs notes while he was sitting in front of congress. He was prepared to call out Apple as well as amazon if he needed to.

12-Apr-18
Kevin,

I'm not sure why you insist on comparing Apple to FB. Smart phones serve far more purposes than just internet access. So, no, I wouldn't want Apple shut down.

Having said that, it wouldn't hurt my feelings if they eliminated internet access from cell phones.

Matt

12-Apr-18
Smart phones allow for wireless communication, navigation, pics, video, calendars, alarm clocks, instant messages...just to name a few. Internet access is just one function of an otherwise very useful tool. So, again, I find your question rather silly.

Matt

12-Apr-18
No doubt that ZUCK is a total lefty political weasel.

12-Apr-18
Kevin,

If anything, your argument is akin to the liberal side of the gun debate. You are blaming the tool (smart phones) rather that the root cause of the behavior.

Social media sites have created a impersonal fantasy land in which the users identity and sense of self-worth is defined by how many likes, or friends, or followers, or retweets they get. The content is often cherry-picked "look at me" moments that portray a skewed picture of reality, or it's simply choreographed make believe. It's the social equivalent of fake news.

You may disagree, and I'm fine with that, but I think the world was as better place without social media.

Matt

12-Apr-18

TD's embedded Photo
TD's embedded Photo
Good luck wid dat.... =D

12-Apr-18
My parents loved classic rock and roll.

Rap, on the other hand, is the devil's music.

;-)

Matt

12-Apr-18
From what I have seen with my daughter and her friends. FB is indeed a social platform for older people. It’s glamour has wore off. Snap chat on the other hand is a different situation. My daughter has 290,000 snaps and counting. To top it off she is constantly updating her “my story” an snap chat.

The good news is I know a great deal of what she is up to the majority of time. The bad news is I know what she is up to without even talking to her.

12-Apr-18
Hillary liked Snap Chat too.

• Sitka Gear