Beendare 13-May-18
Ace 13-May-18
Ace 14-May-18
Beendare 15-May-18
BowSniper 15-May-18
BowSniper 15-May-18
BowSniper 15-May-18
13-May-18
These gun stats get tossed around like the 'Australia, crime went down..." thing.

I need actual stats on crime with a gun; Legal or illegal

Murders with a illegal/legal gun?

The FBI posts some stuff on violent crime...but some of it they don't break down.

I'm looking for stuff like this; the Wiki page on "defensive gun use" in the US. As it turns out there have been a few studies...... and the interpretation of these is almost funny. Obama commissioned the CDC but then refused to release the info as it didn't back their theory. [ they claim bias] Then, For example, the Harvard study ONLY uses cases actually reported to the police. [something like 158,000] but doesn't account for all of the cases where someone flashed a gun to a bad guy to deter them- see link [hyper link not working] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defensive_gun_use

What else you got? I'm specifically looking for Illegal/legal use.

13-May-18
Been, they just released/ discovered a CDC study from the late 1990s. It was buried, probably because it said that there were 2.5 million defensive gun uses per year. That’s remarkably close to some estimates.

14-May-18

Ace's Link
From a Breitbart Article:

Now, a CDC study conducted on data from 1996, 1997, and 1998 has been uncovered. The study, which was never released to the public, shows approximately 2.46 million DGUs per year.

Kleck summarized the CDC findings:

In 1996, 1997, and 1998, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) conducted large-scale national surveys asking about defensive gun use (DGU). They never released the findings, or even acknowledged they had studied the topic. I obtained the unpublished raw data and computed the prevalence of DGU. CDC’s findings indicated that an average of 2.46 million U.S. adults used a gun for self-defense in each of the years from 1996 through 1998 – almost exactly confirming the estimate for 1992 of Kleck and Gertz (1995). Possible reasons for CDC’s suppression of these findings are discussed.

15-May-18
JTV, Thanks for that link to crime research. There is some of the most comprehensive info there that I have seen.

I find it fascinating that the FBI statistics are incomplete.

15-May-18

BowSniper's embedded Photo
BowSniper's embedded Photo
This is an important graph that is often overlooked. Not only is violent crime generally going down (both here and in Australia) but at the same time out number of guns on the street is going WAY UP. More guns = less crime.

15-May-18
And that book came out before the Obama gun buying frenzy, and another 100 million guns were sold.

A new book time... "Even more guns = Even less crime" ??

15-May-18
And that book came out before the Obama gun buying frenzy, and another 100 million guns were sold.

A new book time... "Even more guns = Even less crime" ??

• Sitka Gear