70lbdraw 20-May-18
Treeline 20-May-18
Treeline 20-May-18
Jimbo 21-May-18
Will 21-May-18
16-May-18

IdyllwildArcher's Link

16-May-18
That is a great trout. I have caught many rainbow trout but nothing even close to that.

16-May-18
Catch that trout on a fly, or shoot a b&c whitetail with a bow? Im taking the trout.

16-May-18
Rainbow or steelhead ?? ... if it is land locked waters, Rainbow ...... Ive got Steelhead close to that size on my wall at home ... nice fish, he did good ...

16-May-18
We call that bait.................................:)

19-May-18
Meh....If they are going by length/girth measurements, one my wife caught when we lived In Montana has that one beat! .....still a nice fish though,and way larger than anything I have caught.

19-May-18

Thumper's embedded Photo
Thumper's embedded Photo
Nice fish, good catch.

My best rainbow catch.

19-May-18
Sweet...

20-May-18
I just got done tying 3 dozen flies this morning for an upcoming fishing trip. Seeing that has me chomping at the bit, but I doubt anything remotely close swims in the waters i intend to fish. A bit more than half that size would be notable.

Great fish. As stated above. Maybe a Steelie.

20-May-18
Generally speaking a Steelhead is a Rainbow, but spends its life in "big waters" like oceans and the Great Lakes then migrate up in streams to spawn .... Rainbows are those that stick to streams only or to lakes only with no upstream migration so to speak ....the Steelheads we have here came from a stock that I believe was from the NW, now most are raised in hatcheries and released with some spawning and reproducing on their own .... We have Steelhead, Chinook, and Coho that go up our streams here, the Summer run Steelies are of "Skamania" stock and start usually in July..... the Chinnook/Coho runs usually start late Sept. and goes into Nov...... then the other strain of Steelheads have the winter/spring runs.... I drift spawn sacs, toss spinners and drift cured skein and yarn eggs for them and prefer the winter run Steelies as there are a lot less bugs and I dont have to contend with the heat and the water is clearer .... we do have some good fishin' for them here in NW Indiana on the streams, not to mention what is in Lake Michigan .. there are places I fish that if it wasnt for the sound of I94 close by and the smell of the Steelmills, you'd swear you were in a different state fishing for them .... Some of our best places are in the Dunes Nat. Lakeshore with the Little CAlumet and Salt Creek running thru it

20-May-18
Wow! I just moved to Idaho and the Snake River is right in my backyard! I better get my fishin' stick tuned up!

20-May-18

Treeline's embedded Photo
A few from various places around Colorado last year. All catch and release.

20-May-18

And this one that jumped out of my buddy’s hands before we could get a better picture.

Yes, it was a rainbow. At least 15 pounds and maybe over 20.

21-May-18

Jimbo's embedded Photo
Jimbo's embedded Photo
There are some amazing rainbows in this thread. This is my best... 24 inch, 5 pound rainbow from the middle fork of the Feather River in northern California.

21-May-18
Some awesome Bow's... Nice catches guys!

• Sitka Gear