Shuteye 18-May-18
LINK 18-May-18
Ace 18-May-18
Paul 18-May-18
Thumper 18-May-18
WV Mountaineer 20-May-18
17-May-18

Ace's Link

Maryland Cop Fatally Shoots Groundhog for Benefit of ‘Public Safety’ by S.H. Blannelberry on May 8, 2018

What you’ll see in the video is a Maryland Sheriff taking out a wily groundhog, who allegedly refused to cooperate with the LEO’s commands.

Cpl. Jon Light with the Carroll County Sheriff’s Office explained why the officer opted to use deadly force against the rodent.

17-May-18
All vermin should learn to comply ...less "suicide by cop" that way...

17-May-18
so the LEO stopped traffic in both directions because there was a ground hog in the road?

17-May-18
If you read the story, the traffic was already backed up because the ground hog was in the run. . . . Idiots. Run it over!! It's a &*^%*% rat!

17-May-18
How far removed are people from reality, including the cop?

Who actually lives somewhere where a groundhog could stop traffic?

Ridiculous!

17-May-18
The damned thing was almost across the road. Had he the cop backed up another 10 ft the critter would have been back in the woods.

17-May-18
Watch the clip sans audio. Do yourself that favor. People are ruining humanity for me.

17-May-18
Nobody questioned the stopping power of the cop's handgun. The Carroll County (MD) Sheriff’s Office may have to consider upgrading from whatever they are now carrying. What if that had been something really dangerous like a kitty cat or a wasscally wabbit?

17-May-18
GH's are frustrating creatures. It is amazing it stopped traffic... A deer or moose... ok. But risk getting rear ended for a rodent? Nope.

17-May-18

Shuteye's embedded Photo
Shuteye's embedded Photo
Two days ago I was in my Gator, checking my neighbor's soybean field for ground hogs. I had my rifle and four gobblers were trotting right ahead of me for several hundred yards. It is turkey season but I was groundhog hunting. I was on my way to the soy beans and the turkeys didn't want to go in the wheat.

17-May-18
Did he see his shadow before he succumbed to multiple shots?

17-May-18
What a waste of bullets. He will probably have to fill out paper work for the discharge of his duty weapon. Lot easier to just stomp the thing, (and yes I have done it).

17-May-18
I have also kicked the things into whatever place greasy rodents go when they die. People are so far removed from the earth they call home.

18-May-18
You just had to know this was going bad....Lol

18-May-18
I heard he thought it was rabid.

18-May-18
That is still better than Jimmy Carter's agents shooting the rabbit.

18-May-18
I can imagine that coming over the radio. Shots fired at 11th and Walker, I repeat shots fired. Suspect is down. Lol

18-May-18

Ace's embedded Photo
Ace's embedded Photo
This guy decided to hold his ground and it was touch and go for a while there. I was afraid that I was under gunned with only a .45 ACP so after a brief stand-off, thankfully he moved along.

18-May-18
Good move Ace with only a 45 wait till he turns a little

18-May-18
Where's a broom when you really need one...lol

20-May-18
I have no problems with the ground dying other then the idiot that killed him. The dang thing was feet from where he wanted to go. I see this stuff and really shake my head with disassociation most Americans have with wildlife. Listening to it was tough too. People are getting dumber every generation!

• Sitka Gear