Bentstick81 24-May-18
Mike in CT 24-May-18
HDE 24-May-18
Bentstick81 24-May-18
Woods Walker 24-May-18
'Ike' (Phone) 24-May-18
23-May-18

slade's Link
More winning, Keeping America Great............

ATLANTA -- NFL owners have unanimously approved a new national anthem policy that requires players to stand if they are on the field during the performance but gives them the option to remain in the locker room if they prefer, it was announced Wednesday.

The policy subjects teams to a fine if a player or any other team personnel do not show respect for the anthem. That includes any attempt to sit or kneel, as dozens of players have done during the past two seasons. Those teams will also have the option to fine any team personnel, including players, for the infraction.

"We want people to be respectful of the national anthem," commissioner Roger Goodell said. "We want people to stand -- that's all personnel -- and make sure they treat this moment in a respectful fashion. That's something we think we owe. [But] we were also very sensitive to give players choices."

23-May-18
Hopefully if a player choses to stay in the locker room the team tells him to stay there for the rest of the game to clean out his locker, then we'll be getting somewhere.

23-May-18
What’s sad is that a rule has to be written about this. What ever happened to unwritten rules that nobody breaks? The morals of this country went down the drain a long time ago. Don’t care what the NFL does. I won’t watch another NFL game unless my son is playing in it, and those will be the only games I see.

23-May-18
No doubt we will be hearing form the better than's who only care about their 401ks, also only care about their sports entertainment.

23-May-18
NFL or watching paint dry. I will watch paint dry.

23-May-18
Its a job, you work under thier rules or you exercise your right to work somewhere else. Pretty simple.

23-May-18
I bet there will be players who take a knee, get fined and get reimbursed by Soros.

23-May-18
No NFL for me. I'll just go hunting. They lost me after the wardrobe malfunction, Beyoncé black panther stunt, and the kneeling. They've address kneeling (maybe) but there will be other crap.

23-May-18
I think its bogus they gave more headline space to this issue. Stupid. Unless they think the controversy will drive interest, which, is specious.

23-May-18
A little late, Goodell.

23-May-18
Late? They have an owners' meeting once a year, right? Seems like the one time a year they set new rules is the appropriate venue and timing for a rule addressing the NA. The pro-standing crowd has exerted its market pressure and won the best outcome. I don't get the continued animosity. Take the W.

24-May-18
I am in my 3rd year of no nfl. Football is doomed as a sport in this country and it has nothing do with kneelers. 10 years ago when my son played in the high school football prep program there was easily 300 kids trying to get on the team.......today they can't even get enough kids to field a team and the program has been abandoned. It will take a generation....but the NFL can't fix that.

24-May-18
It was late. It was an attempt to bring back a portion of those they lost. And like all spineless sheep, those looking for a reason will cave and go back to watching. No problems with being on one side or the other. The problem arises when you ride the middle.

24-May-18
While I still watch, I tend to agree with SA. The head trauma legacy and the wussification of boys will put a dent in the sport. Though, relative to the latter point, maybe women will replace male viewership if the NFL can effectively tap their latent desire for masculinity.

24-May-18
The players who want to protest will probably try to come up with another gimmick to get attention. There will always be people in the crowds who won't stand for the anthem. I think it's old news and not having the impact it once enjoyed.

24-May-18
Chris Johnson, owner of the New York Jets, has offered to pay all fines associated with kneeling for his players. I'd honestly be surprised if anyone noticed the Jets kneeling since no one has watched them in over 40 years!

24-May-18
What about the Packers? They're always on their knees;)

24-May-18
I don't care for most pro sports including the NFL. I love watching my kid play hockey and football. I'm glad they did something even if late and a half measure. These days sliding left slower qualifies as a little win.

24-May-18
Good news but a year too later. The NFL couldn't take the heat anymore or lost income. I'm with Trump 'stand for the NA or they shouldn't be in the country'.

24-May-18
Nice to know that the NFL is chill when it comes to violence against women and concussions causing brain damage yet they draw the line at free speech. Cool.

24-May-18
Paul, as an educator even you should know that although speech remains free it is never free from consequences. Especially when the expectation of said speech is clearly outlined by your employer. The public school system has long been one of the largest offenders of censorship of free speech in America though so that may explain your ignorance on the topic.

24-May-18
Ya but Trax, y f IMposter was a Photographer in the military. He gave his camera trigger finger to this Country. 8^)))

24-May-18
Now he just gives his finger......

24-May-18
Free speech pertains to gov't actions and a redress of grievances, not private enterprise.

If you don't like what your boss says, tell them to piss off and then go work somewhere else...

24-May-18
Private employers cannot abridge your Constitutional rights. That's called "discrimination" and it's illegal. Your obligations to your employer are defined in your employment contract. If kneeling doesn't interfere with the performance of your job, there's no basis for firing.

So there’s that little fact.

Other things that are unAmerican: -Calling the free press the "enemy of the people" -Promoting violence against protesters -Proposing banning an entire religion from the country -Proposing changing the #1A so the government can sue the press

All things MagaTs cheer for.

24-May-18
y f IMposter. Give it up. You don't know what the he!! you are blabbering about. Your LIES don't mean anything.

24-May-18
I am going to go out on a limb here and guess that YFP doesn’t teach civics at school.

24-May-18
If the girl at the counter quickly and efficiently puts your chicken sandwich and onion rings in the bag, hands it to you after correctly totaling your amount due, making correct change and asking if you want any sauces or extra napkins, she can still be fired if she tells you your "I'm With Her" t-shirt makes you look like an idiot.

There's more to being an NFL player than catching a pass. Like most employees, their actions reflect on the employer. Kneeling did effect the NFL and they are well within their rights to dictate policy regarding it.

24-May-18
Prove me wrong or zip it.

24-May-18

24-May-18

Michael's Link
I must be blind. No where in these discrimination laws does it say violating constitutional rights is discrimination for a private employer.

24-May-18
Your true self coming out.. you can't help it can you? You sir are the most immature adult i have ever witnessed... and your actions are for the world to see...sad.

24-May-18
I am going to go out on a limb here and guess that YFP doesn’t teach civics at school.

Michael, his name may be on the class list but the honest answer is that he doesn't teach anything, because to do that you'd have to know something. Except, of course, the lessons students can learn from watching a bad example.

24-May-18
6.5 more years, paulicia romano

6.5 more years of magaT, so there's that

valid point

24-May-18

24-May-18
'Prove me wrong or zip it." Says the LIAR that runs from questions that have to have FACTS to prove what he says is accurate. y f IMposter, Don't act all tough, you don't have the balls to back your LIES. Coming unhinged i see. PRICELESS!!! 8^)))

24-May-18
You just have to love the supreme irony of someone vehemently arguing against what they view as denial of free speech suggesting anyone should have to "zip it."

To practice what they preach what that person should really be saying is "keep it coming."

Of course, playing devil's advocate I can imagine getting your a$$ handed to you every 2.5 minutes takes a toll......

24-May-18
Although some employers/managers may retaliate out of spite when you disagree, most take freely spoken comments with a grain of salt, unless it begins to violate policy.

If people got fired over every little off the cuff comment, unemployment rates would be over 50%. It is not discrimination though for an employer to tell someone they are out of line...

24-May-18
y f IMposter. So tell us, OH HONEST ONE, how do you prove anything a LIAR like you, says??? You keep right on LYING, and you want us to try and PROVE what a LIAR says. Yep, you are pretty much an IDIOT. 8^)))

24-May-18
"Prove me wrong or zip it."

You...by your own words...PROMISED us that when Trump won that you'd leave the CF forever. He did and you didn't, so your very presence here is WRONG. You've also admitted to posting here with 40+ false identities, so not only are you wrong, you're also a liar and fraud. Maybe if you start honoring your own words maybe someday you'll rise to the level of pond scum.......but that's in an ideal situation.

24-May-18
What an idiot...Pat TOT’s please if you’re not going to banish him forever!

• Sitka Gear