Mike the Carpenter 27-May-18
bigswivle 27-May-18
elkmtngear 27-May-18
BIG BEAR 27-May-18
HDE 27-May-18
Mike the Carpenter 27-May-18
HDE 28-May-18
25-May-18
Drink my self into a coma as I sit through rain from Tropical storm Alberto. Should be fun

25-May-18
Putting up three sections of a PVC fence and a gate on a rental house I have and then finally cleaning up my own yard and spreading the rest of the mulch. All the while keeping an eye on a brisket I will be cooking. On Sunday I'll be down at my archery club shooting some 3D with my recurve.

25-May-18

Michael's embedded Photo
Michael's embedded Photo
Hopefully catching some more of these pigs in 90 degree weather though.

25-May-18
Mt Rushmore with the kids

25-May-18
B A R B E C U E !!!! With Family and Friends Saturday.

.. ..

.. ..

Canoeing with the Missus on Sunday.

Fishing on Monday.

25-May-18
B A R B E C U E !!!! With Family and Friends Saturday.

.. ..

.. ..

Canoeing with the Missus on Sunday.

Fishing on Monday.

25-May-18
Building a hog trap and BBQ with friends...

25-May-18
Rented a wood splitter

25-May-18
Paying respects to a couple of buddies "Who Fell."

I wrote this on Memorial Day 2013 in honor of USMC Cpl. William Daley. On January 29, 1969 Cpl. Daley died in combat in Vietnam and for his unselfish, heroic actions on that day was posthumously awarded the Bronze Star. This tribute honors the young Marine and all the fallen heroes who have given their lives for our Nation.

I Fell ©

I fell in distant combat so that you might still stand lovingly protected in our forefathers’ promised land.

I fell for liberty and freedom amid battle’s fearsome roar with thoughts of home and family as others gone before.

I fell beneath a tattered, frayed flag of red, white and blue, as symbolic and defiantly waving as when it flew anew.

I fell confronting distant cannon, mortar and enemy gun with unfilled dreams of youth before my time was done.

I fell with courageous brethren overcoming heart pounding fear, embraced by God’s divine promises beyond this earthly sphere.

I fell awash in battle’s lethal spreading crimson stain, leaving you to bear the burden that I did not fall in vain.

Wm. Barnes Des Plaines, IL USMC Cpl. (1963–1966)

25-May-18
Thanks for sharing tinecounter.

25-May-18
Thanks Pig Doc. That was a Michigan fish I caught back in April. That one went 5.75. 5 fish over 5 lbs that day but couldn’t break the 6 lb Mark. Maybe next years trip.

I need to get up your way one of these years. I have been wanting to fish that lake since high school. Lol

25-May-18
Fly the flag high and BBQ...Shoot the bow and try and avoid everyone that's going to be out and about! :-)

25-May-18
The wife tells me my cur dog is lizard hunting ... under the siding on the house.... so we'll see how much time those repairs occupy.

bigswivle, the penultimate time I drank tequila was during a "Hurricane Party" in my freshman year of college. It was the the worst night of my life. Well, the first part was pretty enjoyable. lol The last time I drank tequila cured me of tequila permanently.

25-May-18
No tequila Owl, I'm a beer guy. If I can't do it with beer, I don't want to do it.

25-May-18
Amen.

25-May-18

bigswivle's embedded Photo
Have 10 acres of these to pick in the morning before relaxation. Free beer for my CF buddies who want to come and help. Unlimited hog hunting as well

25-May-18
Work tomorrow, Smoke a LOT of pork and yard work on Sunday then sleep in till 6:01 on Monday and enjoy the day with my family and GSP.

25-May-18

HDE's embedded Photo
A sample of what we caught...
HDE's embedded Photo
A sample of what we caught...
HDE's embedded Photo
These too
HDE's embedded Photo
These too
Already did it today...

25-May-18

Annony Mouse's Link

25-May-18
Went to the cemetery this afternoon and visited my parents. Will have the family over Saturday for a cookout. Sunday I'm taking the Bass boat out. Monday is the wife's and mine 35th Anniversary.

25-May-18
Flying out to the bush in 4 hours to hunt geese/ducks (and a grizz if I see one).

26-May-18
The wife and I will catch up on things around the house. Get kayaks out to the lake and paddle around a bit, may take an ultra light and throw some spinners. Drink beer and grill on Monday, have my brother and nephew over for that.

26-May-18

Stalker's embedded Photo
Stalker's embedded Photo
Turkey hunt mornings for second Tom and put many miles on my new bike! Maybe find some time for a few beers as well!

26-May-18

Put castors on my stainless grill today to make her mobile. Good lord that stuff is a pain in the ass to drill

27-May-18
My oldest son graduated high school yesterday. After the ceremony I opened up the pool and grilled BBQ chicken. Today is a landscaping project for my wife and bacon wrapped pork tenderloin on the spit. Tomorrow is a big money golf match in the morning and then cleaning up my garage.

27-May-18

Mike the Carpenter's embedded Photo
Dinner tonight...Herb encrusted pork loin with smoked Vidalia onions.

1 hour on the smoker, and coming along NICELY!!!

27-May-18

And done.

27-May-18
Looks good

27-May-18

elkmtngear's embedded Photo
elkmtngear's embedded Photo
This big old black oak decided to take out my outbuilding. So, this was a big part of my weekend.

I was able to undercut it, and roll the upper part off the roof. One corrugated panel and the underlying sheeting was crunched pretty bad, and it cracked a joist and a truss, which I was able to shore up with deck screws and a bunch of mending plates.

I removed the damaged sheeting and corresponding panel, and I was able to re-sheet, re-paper, and install a new corrugated panel. This kinda stuff is not exactly part of my reliable skillset, but I'm happy to say I finished it Today.

One more Day left to relax and enjoy the long weekend, wild pork loin for dinner tonight. Hope you all are having a good time this Weekend, and God Bless the fallen and their Families.

Best Wishes, Jeff

27-May-18
Return to work tomorrow after 2 weeks off for our Alaskan cruise........

27-May-18

HDE's embedded Photo
HDE's embedded Photo
Carne Asada (smoked), smoked bell peppers, sauteed 'shrooms

27-May-18

Took my boys fishing after an EARLY dinner.

28-May-18
Nice bucket-mouth

• Sitka Gear