Bentstick81 28-May-18
South Farm 29-May-18
tinecounter 29-May-18
tonyo6302 29-May-18
JL 29-May-18
27-May-18

Woods Walker's Link
Good read by Rob O'Neill...........

"Don’t wish me a happy Memorial Day. There is nothing happy about the loss of the brave men and women of our armed forces who died in combat defending America. Memorial Day is not a celebration.

Memorial Day is a time for reflection, pause, remembrance and thanksgiving for patriots who gave up their own lives to protect the lives and freedom of us all – including the freedom of generations long gone and generations yet unborn. We owe the fallen a debt so enormous that it can never be repaid........."

27-May-18
Whether you actually put your life on the line during a conflict or support those who do, everyone plays a part - some just pay the piper more than others.

27-May-18

JL's Link
This is pretty impressive.

27-May-18
OMG JL, impressive doesn't begin to describe it. After I saw it I thought of Michelle Obama's comment when her husband first ran for POTUS....... "For the first time in my life I'm proud of my country". First time? Really?

27-May-18

Salagi's embedded Photo
Salagi's embedded Photo

27-May-18
How about........... Take a moment to reflect on and honor Memorial Day............

28-May-18

Salagi's Link

28-May-18
^^ strong words.

28-May-18
First off, you don’t celebrate Memorial Day, you observe it. So it’s not appropriate to say Happy Memorial Day.

Trump started his tweet with Happy Memorial Day and then went on congratulating himself.

If that doesn’t make you wonder about him, I don’t know what will. interesting contrast to obama's tweet today. He didn't make it all about him.

28-May-18
y f IMposter.I agree with Trublu. obama has always been about him. obama shouldn't be allowed to speak about anything, America. He would sell this Country out in a heart beat. He is like you. You two morons are a joke. Oh and by the way, HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY, LYING PHONY FRAUD.

29-May-18
It is unbelievable to me the number of people who do not know the difference between memorial day, veteran's day, and armed forces day. I'd like to make them feel for just a minute or two what the day means to someone who is missing a family member or a brother in arms. It's just too damn bad I can't figure out how to do that....

29-May-18
Yes......they died so we can celebrate in this country. but don't post picture of your father or grandfather who served but died a natural death a full lifetime later and remember him on Memorial Day. This is not his day.......Memorial Day is reserved for those KIA or KIT.

29-May-18
I don't think I've ever heard anybody wish someone a "happy Memorial Day", come to think of it. Is this common occurrence??

29-May-18
WW, amen! Thank you for the thread.

29-May-18
First, there is a "Happy Memorial Day" thread on the CF. Every response, including the OP original post was respectful, reflective, and somber. .. ..

.. ...

.. ...

Maybe "Happy" was and is not the best word to choose.

I have no insight to the hearts of mankind, so I will err to the side of caution whenever someone says, "Happy Memorial Day".

In regards to the fallen dead of our Military in Combat, i can think of a whole lot of stuff that erks me more than someone saying "Happy", such as the stupid ribbons stating they support the Military.

You really support the Military? How? You write letters, visit Military Hospitals, make and mail food packages? Placing a stupid bumper sticker on your car, or wearing a stupid "I support the Military" ribbon, is "Faith without deeds" - oh yea - you can look that up on the New testament to get my drift.

Anyway, you say "Happy Memorial Day" to me, I will say thank you to a stranger, and then reflect on my Cousin Donnie Mitchell, who has his name on "The Wall". If you are a friend, I will remind you what the day is about. I refuse to let ignorance upset me.

As far as the Seal goes, or any other Military Member, don't wear your feelkings on your nose, as they are liable to get hurt, and try to remember that a lot of people have not been taught what Memorial Day is about.

Semper Fi,

Tony Oliver CWO2 USMC Retired

29-May-18

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo

30-May-18
"You really support the Military? How? You write letters, visit Military Hospitals, make and mail food packages? Placing a stupid bumper sticker on your car, or wearing a stupid "I support the Military" ribbon, is "Faith without deeds" - oh yea - you can look that up on the New testament to get my drift.

Amen Tony! I find that the vast majority of people that I work with on Veteran's causes are vets themselves. It is beyond shameful to me that every man and woman who has never served......are not actively working to help our uniformed men and women. Actions, not words are what will convince a vet that you care.....

• Sitka Gear