bb 28-May-18
Bentstick81 28-May-18
JL 29-May-18
Thunderflight 29-May-18
Will 29-May-18
Jimbo 29-May-18
Will 29-May-18
28-May-18
South Korea's President Moon Jae-in is doing a masterful job of developing a relationship with North Korea's Kim Jong Un. He does it without any posturing or blustery behavior. He approaches the situation in a thoughtful, level-headed and mature fashion. He just might bring enough stability and effective leadership to achieve peace on the Korean peninsula. That would be wonderful.

28-May-18
Because SK realizes the importance of peace on the peninsula regardless of trumps blister. Trump only wants a deal w NK because he craves adoration and a Nobel.

28-May-18
At least he would earn the Nobel and not be given to him through coddling...

28-May-18
No US, no Peace! My father lost a brother there 68 years ago and it still isn’t resolved. Perhaps the many thousands of US soldiers who died there will see the reward that only the US can provide.

28-May-18
y f IMposter. You can't even tell good LIES to yourself. PRICELESS!!! 8^)))

28-May-18
I'm glad some President is trying to move the ball forward there....it just happens to be Prez Trump. Hopefully something positive will come out of it.

28-May-18
False. China is the driving force and the motivation for whatever NK chooses to do. Example: Xi told NK to discuss options w US. Stupid trump took it as a weakness and announces his Nobel Prize is forthcoming until China opens up trade w NK thereby negating any negotiating w the US. Why negotiate w the US when China will supply them w goods? Trump no nothing about foreign policy. He thinks he can deal w foreign govts like he dealt w his business contacts. He is so wrong. As evidenced by every single foreign policy he’s instituted.

28-May-18
KPC X2

28-May-18
Trump foolishly promised the denuclearization of NK, which was NEVER going to happen, and canceled the summit to avoid the embarrassment of coming away from it empty handed. Yeah, he’s quite the deal-maker… what a scam he’s perpetrated on this country. Bottom line.

28-May-18
You lie every time you make a post here.....Bottom line, 100%. You ARE a lie.

28-May-18
People actively rooting against any president trying to denuclearize a crazy dictator is beyond belief.

28-May-18
When America is strong, the World is well-behaved.

When America goes around the World kissing everyone's ass...(insert President here)

Jimbo and Putz are so terrified by what is about to manifest, that they are slinging poo as fast as they can, hoping it will all go away. But it won't.

They feel their liberal foothold starting to crumble...and they are desperately clinging to the rocks. Rocks that they will soon crawl back under.

Feels great to be on the winning team! #MAGA

28-May-18
1) Why is YFP even allowed on here?

2) Why do y’all even respond to him?

3) If YFP is a school teacher, it’s a shame. Their grammar is terrible. You’re grammar is so bad that, it detracts from the posts you make.

28-May-18
The runt was told by China to stand down after the Mountain collapsed and radioactive could leak with the prevailing winds going into China. The runt spent millions upon millions on his nuclear endeavor and it is now buried. He knows it along with Trump & China, the runt has nothing to bargain with.

28-May-18
"" False. China is the driving force and the motivation for whatever NK chooses to do. Example: Xi told NK to discuss options w US. Stupid trump took it as a weakness and announces his Nobel Prize is forthcoming until China opens up trade w NK thereby negating any negotiating w the US. Why negotiate w the US when China will supply them w goods? Trump no nothing about foreign policy. He thinks he can deal w foreign govts like he dealt w his business contacts. He is so wrong. As evidenced by every single foreign policy he’s instituted. ""

Under your assertion, one would need to believe that China woke up one morning and out of the blue after all these decades decided to have NK engage in de-nuke negotiations with SK and the US. Is it possible that Prez Trump may have negotiated with China last year to "influence" NK to enter into negotiations this year? The ChiComms (and now thankfully the US) are not going to do anything unless they can get some benefit out of it.

It is scary to even imagine where the US would be if Hil or Crazy Bernie were the Prez instead of Trump.

28-May-18
y f IMposter. More LYING replies from you. You are a perfect example of what the people of America will get, if they vote democrat. Thanks for helping us all out. 8^)))

28-May-18
If I'm not mistaken South Korean president Moon Jae-In thanked President Trump for his leadership in this matter. No doubt Trump's style is not what people are used to but he has had success in many areas so far. He is our President and needs our support. My son is being deployed to Korea in June and will be there away from his family for a year. I pray that President Trump will be successful, for our country and for my son.

28-May-18
The trolls will be on here, no matter if you peg them or not.

28-May-18
JL. I can tell you that Clinton probably wouldn’t be asking China to authorize a dozen patents for her daughter! And she wouldn’t ask Congress to help ZTE even though they’ve spies on The US!

28-May-18
You're right she wouldn't be doing that...its small potatoes compared to what the Clintons are accustomed to selling the Chinese.

28-May-18
y f IMposter. Clinton would just draw another red line in the sand, and tell them don't cross it, or we will be like you, RUN AWAY from them. 8^)))

29-May-18
"" JL. I can tell you that Clinton probably wouldn’t be asking China to authorize a dozen patents for her daughter! And she wouldn’t ask Congress to help ZTE even though they’ve spies on The US! ""

IMO.....thru the eyes of the rest of the world....Hillary wasn't credible as a proven leader and the ChiComms and Russia would not take her seriously. Oh sure they would like to see her win maybe but that would be so they could walk over her (us). As SOS, she demonstrated she doesn't have an understanding of the world nor negotiation skills to work in the best interest of the US....she's from the same mold as Prez Obama. She did do great for the Clinton Foundation but as said a few times, making a bunch of plane rides around the world is not a Presidential qualification. Then there is her basket of scandals that would dog her. You think Trump is target rich for scandals....he ain't got nothing on Hillary's many scandals. The Repubs would control Congress and they would be relentless in going after her.

29-May-18
There is great leadership on all sides here. 1. United States: Leadership in holding NK and China accountable 2. China: Leadership in working with the US, SK, and NK to bring all parties to the table. 3. SK: For putting aside past differences (which have often resulted in blood shed) to work with NK and establishing a base line for future relations with NK. 4. NK: Leadership in pursuing peace.

All of these leaders have a team behind them to advise, strategize, and institute policy. This is a team effort that will not be accomplished by one person alone.

Now, that said, we need to be realistic with the outcome. 12 months ago (roughly), Kim Jong Ung was saber rattling, firing missiles over Japan, and assassinated a family member. After blowing up their nuke testing facility (under the mountain) and being called to China for talks, NOW he is suddenly interested in a peace full resolution.

I really hope this is the start of developing a peaceful resolution for the Korean Peninsula. Actions speak louder than words and history has shown that this is going to be a long, uphill, road.

29-May-18
Serious question - how do we know the US is the driving force, and not the window dressing? "We" want to be, because it feels good to believe that. But none of us really know, we are regurgitating the information we have investigated via the news sources we want to believe. Which suggest that either President Trump has handled this like a buffoon or genius.

The US may be the master stroke. That would be awesome!

From the outside, President Moon Jae-in sure seems to be the grown up in the room settling a dispute between two brothers.

29-May-18
"From the outside, President Moon Jae-in sure seems to be the grown up in the room settling a dispute between two brothers."

Exactly my thought on the situation, Will.

29-May-18
Guys, I hear you... But I'm not convinced.

SK has "us" in their pocket, we are with them. They could be doing the work and the US stands over the shoulder looking at NK saying do what they want, or else. Did the US orchestrate the junction of NK/SK at the Winter Olympics? Does that mean the US is operating brilliantly, or are the SK's are doing the brilliant operation and we are just a big club holding neanderthal behind them? Does that matter? Heck, if you get peace on the KP and we don't dive into another war... Who the heck cares WHO produced the peace.

That said, I still think it appears SK has been the grownup.

The other question this generates though, is why is it assumed someone who feels differently on an insanely complicated issue is ignorant? We are all talking about things we know very little about - on this topic at least. Some may have read more about it... Maybe someone here is a Pentagon official with lots of clearance for all I know. But the vast majority of us... We are reading some papers, watching some news, reading some site's and thinking we know what is going on. It just seems a leap to suggest anyone is ignorant of an issue when NONE of us can really know what's up behind the doors.

IF someone is actually ignorant, why not help them learn more and better understand the situation. Calling them ignorant doesn't do that.

• Sitka Gear