Sitka Gear
For those that have lost a Dog . . . . .
Community
Contributors to this thread:
tonyo6302 31-May-18
jcurri 31-May-18
Owl 31-May-18
orionsbrother 31-May-18
Paul 31-May-18
Mike the Carpenter 31-May-18
Joey Ward 31-May-18
Shuteye 31-May-18
Dave G. 31-May-18
foxbo 31-May-18
Hawkarcher 01-Jun-18
Owl 01-Jun-18
scentman 01-Jun-18
Mint 01-Jun-18
Brotsky 01-Jun-18
bigswivle 01-Jun-18
BIG BEAR 01-Jun-18
orionsbrother 01-Jun-18
Joey Ward 01-Jun-18
Brotsky 01-Jun-18
Joey Ward 01-Jun-18
South Farm 01-Jun-18
BIG BEAR 01-Jun-18
South Farm 01-Jun-18
Heat 01-Jun-18
scentman 01-Jun-18
Chuckster 01-Jun-18
Owl 01-Jun-18
Scrappy 01-Jun-18
tonyo6302 01-Jun-18
tonyo6302 01-Jun-18
PECO 01-Jun-18
Owl 01-Jun-18
31-May-18

31-May-18
My bullmastiff Sam will be gone by the end of weekend. Thanks for the post

31-May-18
My "Just a Dog" just got an extra belly scratchin'. He'll never know to thank you Tony. ;)

-sorry for your loss, jcurri.

31-May-18
Tough day when I had to put mine down...

31-May-18
We get them knowing they'll never outlive us. We know the heartbreak (ive had dogs my entire life including currently). And as hard as it is when they leave us, I wouldn't have it any other way.

31-May-18
Sorry to your loss.

31-May-18

Mike the Carpenter's embedded Photo
Best thing for any boy (big or small) is to raise and train a hunting dog.

31-May-18

When no birds are around, train to go after coons and squirrels.

31-May-18
Where the red fern grows.

31-May-18

31-May-18

Shuteye's embedded Photo
Shuteye's embedded Photo
I was 16 years old when this picture was taken. I just turned 76 and have lost some great dogs over the years. However, after my wife's little dog died and my good buddy chow died we decided no more. The last two were like losing a child. My heart goes out to you and I know the feeling too well.

31-May-18
"We get them knowing they'll never outlive us."

You sure about that???

There's awful lot of pets at the humane society that have done just the opposite.

zeiden, you just don't think things through much.

31-May-18
I had a shepherd named Rue which stole my heart years ago. She developed a cancer on the top of her head. She had surgery and it came back horribly. I had to take her in to put her down. It's been over 25 years ago and I'm still emotional about it. I've had dreams about her and meeting her in another life. I loved that dog more than most love people.

I now have a little Boston Terrier who is three years old. She may out live me. The pain we experience when loosing a pet is not as great as the joy of having them.

I worked with a guy who had more grief from losing his pet named Skeeter than his wife. They are so much a part of us.

01-Jun-18

Hawkarcher's embedded Photo
Hawkarcher's embedded Photo
This Tasmanian devil died one Sunday, in my lap, ten minutes after I got home. I’ve never cried that much in my life. Almost 13.

01-Jun-18
My wife and I agreed that when our current 2 pass, we will not get anymore. Lifestyle accommodation... Anyway, I've never lived without a dog. I even bootlegged a yellow lab in my junior year of college because I was living year round away from the house. My daughter laughs at the notion of me not having a dog around and says I won't last 6 months before getting another one. She's probably right.

01-Jun-18
I cant even watch the videos... had my Gus 14 yrs, he tought me more about life than my old man did,

01-Jun-18
Having my own dog when I was a kid changed my whole life around.

01-Jun-18

Brotsky's embedded Photo
Brotsky's embedded Photo
It took me almost ten years to get over the passing of my last dog. Now I have this little bundle of joy at home. I never should have waited as long as I did. I still have a moment every once in awhile training this little guy that tears me up a little remembering my last dog. This guy is going to be a great hunting dog and is already an awesome family pet. Going to be hard when his time comes again!

01-Jun-18
The first one is always the best one. I'm on my 4th chocolate lab and none compare to my first

01-Jun-18
I didn't grow up with dogs. My wife did. We have a dog.... I love my dog but dogs are a pain in the ass. Huge pain in the ass when we want to go on vacation or while we're at work.... and they've destroyed everything from carpets to a brand new couch.......

If my house was on fire I'd get my daughter out..... If I can't get the dog out safely........ then too bad dog....... Did I mention I love my dog ?

01-Jun-18
bigswivle - A toothless old man complimented me on my dog's behavior when I was buying some minnows from him. He told me, " You can be married six or seven times and each of those women can be a good woman, but... you only get one good dog. "

01-Jun-18
I'm never having another one. I'm not going through it anymore. I guess I've been lucky though.....all my dogs have been good.

01-Jun-18

Joey Ward's embedded Photo
Joey Ward's embedded Photo
Damn dogs!

:-)

01-Jun-18
LOL Joey, nice of them to let you sit down once in awhile too isn't it? :)

01-Jun-18
Hey, they’re neater and follow commands way better than my kids did when they were teens. Lol :-)

01-Jun-18
What's so difficult about dropping your dog at a kennel while you go on vacation, Big Bear? Your dog will probably look forward to it;)

01-Jun-18
And pay a hundred or two hundred more for someone to watch my dog while I'm on vacation ?? Like I said... pain in the ass. Brand new couch... shredded. Pain in the ass. Dog that eats his own shit and then throws up liquid shit in my bed..... pain in the ass. I do love my dog though...

01-Jun-18
Can't imagine why he'd want to do that to you..

01-Jun-18
I had to put my buddy Sam to sleep about a month ago. I sure miss that dang dog.

01-Jun-18
and that dang "Rainbow Bridge" poem... my eyes are welling up already, wonder how many keyboards have a tear dropped on them this thread?

01-Jun-18
Nice pic Joey. I noticed your DirecTV remote in the corner of the pic that reminded me of my dog. I've got a Belgian malinois that chewed my DTV remote to pieces when she was a pup. She's 9 now so hopefully I have 4-5 years left with her.

01-Jun-18
"What's so difficult about dropping your dog at a kennel while you go on vacation"

-lol. My dog barks the WHOLE time he's in the kennel. Years ago, the last time I picked him up from the kennel, I pulled up and could hear Emmet just chopping, "ar,ar,ar,ar...." You could keep time with a metronome or the second hand on your watch. Just steady hammerin'. I cringed, walked in and said, "I know that's Emmet, sorry. How long has he been at it?" "Since you dropped him off," the owner said. She was humorless. It was a 4 day vacation. Time for plan B.

If we can't find someone he knows to house sit, we don't leave. Not for his sake but the sake of the kennel owner. lol

01-Jun-18

Scrappy's embedded Photo
Scrappy's embedded Photo
Scrappy's embedded Photo
Scrappy's embedded Photo
Scrappy's embedded Photo
Scrappy's embedded Photo
Scrappy's embedded Photo
He loved to pick his own cucumbers out of the garden.
Scrappy's embedded Photo
He loved to pick his own cucumbers out of the garden.
I had to put my wiggy down this past Tuesday, only eight years old. Stupid cancer.......

01-Jun-18
At least Joey Ward still has control of the remote . . . . . . . for now.

01-Jun-18

tonyo6302's Link
Owl,

.. ..

.. ..

I don't know if you have read it, but on the "Dog Training Resources" thread on the hunting forum, a guy is wondering about training a Black Mouth Cur to blood trail and hunt squirrels.

You have just a "Tad" bit of knowledge on all three - i.e. the Breed, blood trailing, and squirrel hunting with a Black Mouth Cur.

;^)

01-Jun-18

PECO's embedded Photo
PECO's embedded Photo
The one on the left we had to put down in Oct of 2015 I still miss her daily. The other guy is 16 now, I doubt he will make 17, it's going to be tough.

01-Jun-18
tony, I bombarded the poor fellow. lol Thanks

• Sitka Gear