Bentstick81 06-Jun-18
Your fav poster 06-Jun-18
Woods Walker 06-Jun-18
Woods Walker 06-Jun-18
Bentstick81 06-Jun-18
Shuteye 06-Jun-18
06-Jun-18
Soldiers, Sailors, and Airmen of the Allied Expeditionary Force:

You are about to embark upon the Great Crusade, toward which we have striven these many months.

The eyes of the world are upon you. The hopes and prayers of liberty-loving people everywhere march with you.

In company with our brave Allies and brothers-in-arms on other Fronts you will bring about the destruction of the German war machine, the elimination of Nazi tyranny over oppressed peoples of Europe, and security for ourselves in a free world.

Your task will not be an easy one. Your enemy is well trained, well equipped, and battle-hardened. He will fight savagely.

But this is the year 1944. Much has happened since the Nazi triumphs of 1940-41. The United Nations have inflicted upon the Germans great defeats, in open battle, man-to-man. Our air offensive has seriously reduced their strength in the air and their capacity to wage war on the ground. Our Home Fronts have given us an overwhelming superiority in weapons and munitions of war, and placed at our disposal great reserves of trained fighting men. The tide has turned. The free men of the world are marching together to victory.

I have full confidence in your courage, devotion to duty, and skill in battle. We will accept nothing less than full victory.

Good Luck! And let us all beseech the blessing of Almighty God upon this great and noble undertaking.

-Gen. Dwight D Eisenhower

Thank a WWII vet today! Those young men charged straight into the teeth of hell 74 years ago.

06-Jun-18
Every WWII vet deserves our praise and thanks. Without them and their efforts the world and our lives would not be what they are today. Everything we have we owe to them. If you see a vet today, say thanks!

06-Jun-18
I Hosted a round table of WWII vets for our kids yesterday. They live in a nearby assisted living facility that we volunteer in. Among the 6, One man was a POW who escaped w the help of French soldiers. One was a woman that hid over 30 Jews in a well behind her house. The kids were in complete awe of the stories. The staff had a few tears in their eyes. One notable story was Mr. Seymour. A HS dropout from Bridgeport CT. He joined the army to run away from a life of breaking into cars and being a juvenile delinquent. He went on to save dozens of lives in Omaha Beach. He was handed a HS diploma upon his return to his town and went on the get a JD from Duke. He now volunteers his time in the tristate area advising new businesses pro bono. He’s 94 and He’s also blind w cataracts and 3 of my students have volunteered to help him continue to write his memoir. These hero’s live among us and unfortunately they are dying off quickly. We should get to know them before they’re gone.

06-Jun-18

Your fav poster's embedded Photo

06-Jun-18

'Ike' (Phone)'s embedded Photo
'Ike' (Phone)'s embedded Photo

06-Jun-18
Trump signed the "Choice" bill today. The vets can now go to a private doctor if they can't be taken care of quickly by the VA. The government will pay for the visit. Another thing is the people not doing their job can be fired due to a bill he got done some time ago. You couldn't fire a civil servant. It has been that way for over 30 years. The union actually got on board with Trump to get this done. A bunch have been fired for not doing their job.

06-Jun-18
Mom had an uncle that was a bombideer and made it home with his five brothers,but one night,sat on the basement steps and ended it.note said just couldn't handle it.these guys went thru hell.

06-Jun-18
YourFavPoster, good job !

……

.. .. .. ..

. .. ..

"You can't argue with success."

- Ronald Reagan

06-Jun-18
How do you know he's not lying? I trust NOTHING that lying POS says. He's dishonest enough to even lie about that.

06-Jun-18
y f IMposter. Good thing for YOU, that the WWII Vets and STUDENTS don't know the, LIAR you really are. They both DESERVE better.

06-Jun-18
Louie, in photo 1, that’s me at the podium introducing each hero. The 2nd photo includes some of them too. And thanks tony. It was an inspirational assembly. Goosebumps galore.

06-Jun-18
How do we know you're not lying??? You've YET to tell the truth. Like it's true because YOU say it is.....LMAO! Someone's standing there, but seeing as you've had 40+ fake identities we have no way of knowing if it's you except for your word, which as we all know is shit.

Sorry Baron of Bullshit, you fail.....again........

06-Jun-18
I won't consider ANYTHING positive about that lying POS until he starts honoring his promises......which is about as likely as the sun coming up in the west.

06-Jun-18
Tony,

Good job to you. Semper Fi!

I still cannot watch the beginning of Saving Private Ryan without feeling I never did my part. Thank God for blessing this nation with some brave and selfless boys.

06-Jun-18
Good point Woods. Can't trust anything from a LIAR. y f IMposter. That's the price you pay for CHOOSING to be a LIAR.

06-Jun-18
My uncle Toby Price was 17 years old and driving a landing craft full of soldiers to the beach. Then he was taking some equipment to the shore and would hit the beach, lower the ramp and the load would slide off. He said he had a huge box that hung up on the ramp and partly in the water. He said he was dead in the water and couldn't budge the container. It had metal straps on it and he used his big Marine knife to cut the straps off and manged to get away with bullets raining down. My cousin Toby has that knife and no amount of money could buy it. I have one just like it. Two of Toby's brothers were on ships. One was on a ship that was sunk by a plane and my Uncle Bobby lost a lot of friends that day. He swam to an island and was rescued by the marines. Another uncle was in the Army and he also lost lots of friends. My grandmother had five sons, all in the service and they all came home. Our neighbor had one son and he was killed. My dad was in the National guard and teaching new recruits how to shoot 30-06 rifles. I still have the metals my dad won shooting at Camp Perry. My dad was the oldest and had me, the others weren't married then.

• Sitka Gear