MT in MO 14-Jun-18
Your fav poster 14-Jun-18
Grey Ghost 14-Jun-18
spike78 14-Jun-18
itshot 14-Jun-18
Tonybear61 16-Jun-18
13-Jun-18

spike78's Link
Seems whoever boycotted Dicks did nothing as sales were high and stocks went up. Guess we are a minority.

13-Jun-18
Always have been always will be

13-Jun-18
We shall see. it's a long game. No matter, they are still dead to me......

We are not only the minority....... it's pretty clear we also have a great many who are either uninformed or apathetic as to what is going on. A good many HERE had no idea what they had done WRT hiring lobbyists in support of further restrictions of gun owners rights. And even THEN argued that it was no big deal. As well as some supporting their actions.

If all gun owners paid attention they would never sell another gun nor any ammo. Wandering around in Dicks must look like wandering around Wally World.......

13-Jun-18
Now that I think about it kinda misleading as when hunting season starts all the other sports are over then we shall see.

13-Jun-18
Did hardcore gun owners really flock to Dicks before they stopped gun sales? No

Dicks will be just fine. The majority of Americans will get their sporting goods from them and your boycott will be a drop in the ocean. As already evidenced.

13-Jun-18
Firearms account for less than 10% of Dicks total sales. I've never found anything in Dicks to buy, everything is over priced.

13-Jun-18
YFP is right (that hurts to say). I used to have a part time job at Dicks working in the Lodge. The only time gun sales where high was over Xmas. Dicks gun selection was not anything to get excited about. The Lodge is probably a tax write off for the company. Their gear is over priced and outdated. We had compound bows that were over 5 years old and being sold at full price. In the 18 months I worked there I can't think of one compound bow ever sold. Now, string guns, we sold a ton of them.

I would be interested to see the impact on Field and Streams bottom line. It probably isn't much different though. They have a better gun selection, but I can get the same weapon at a local dealer for 10 to 20 percent less. Ammo is also over priced as is most of their other outdoor gear.

13-Jun-18
y f IMposter. Have you got rid of your guns??? According to you, GUNS kill people. Name that one gun law that you want that will protect students and people??? 8^)))

13-Jun-18
Guns may be a small part of the sales but also factor in hunting equipment not to mention many hunters are also golfers and fishermen. I’m guessing most are not boycotting.

13-Jun-18
Kind of like Yeti...

14-Jun-18
almost all big brick and morter store operations like Dick's are doomed. Just a matter of time.

14-Jun-18

Mint's Link
Same store sales dropped 2.5% when analysts expected a drop of 1.4%. Now there income went up because they cut expenses somewhere. In this economy sales should be increasing.

14-Jun-18
I don't need to boycott Dick's since I never shop there. The last time I was in one was with my wife who was looking for a birthday gift. Their hunting department was full of low quality crap, worse than Wally World.

Matt

14-Jun-18
The only thing I ever found at Dicks that was worth the money they charged are these 15 foot Field and Stream ladder stands. I have three of them on our hunting property and I think there are another 3 or 4 there that some of the other guys bought. I may go buy another before I totally boycott them...I have found it difficult these days to find a single seater ladder stand that is all metal including the seat. Lots of others have those mesh seats, which are comfortable, but don't hold up to weather. Once the seat is gone you either have to trash the stand or rig up a seat someway...

14-Jun-18
S/A I think there’s going to be a backlash soon. From the people avoiding the malls and shopping solely online. If I find the article, I’ll attach it but it basically said that people are growing tired of the novelty of online shopping and the returns etc and they actually miss touching stuff, trying it on etc. it’ll be interesting to see if that happens since we will soon have a generation of kids that will have never stepped foot in a mall.

14-Jun-18
Brick and mortar retail is toast, IMO. People who desire to "touch and feel" stuff do that already with online purchases. If they don't like it, they send it back, often at no charge.

As one who lives 45 minutes from traditional retailers, online ordering has been a god-send for me.

Matt

14-Jun-18
Love online for Christmas. I will never step in a store again during that time.

14-Jun-18
paul, please post the article if you can find it, that is some amazingly poignant stuff n stuff

so, like, surreal n stuuff , like

16-Jun-18
I have asked them repeatedly when the sales of LPG tanks will be discontinued since they were used as bombs at Columbine.

I have yet to receive an answer.

• Sitka Gear