Annony Mouse 28-Feb-19
HA/KS 28-Feb-19
slade 28-Feb-19
Annony Mouse 16-Mar-19
Shuteye 16-Mar-19
Annony Mouse 20-Mar-19
14-Jun-18

Annony Mouse's Link
Many of you know that my eldest daughter Carrie is a listed wildlife artist based in Jackson, WY. I'm really looking forward to our trip out there next month to see her latest accomplishment...she's opening her own gallery next month.

Ever get to Jackson, check it out and say, "HI".

14-Jun-18
Your daughter is incredibly talented! Congratulations to her and to you! I hope she does well!

14-Jun-18
Annony,

She's done some amazing work.

Are you going to bring your fishing rod?

Matt

14-Jun-18
We plan to do some wandering around in Wy and MT next month. May get to Jackson, decades ago I loved that place but I think the skiing ruined it.

14-Jun-18
Have a safe trip and I know Carrie will be happy to see you.

14-Jun-18
Wow, those are fantastic.

14-Jun-18
Matt

I took up fly fishing again after a long hiatus last year. Fished a section of the Au Sable with my grandfather's (approx 90 years old) Montague Redwing...sort of bringing it home where he fished so many years.

I have been playing with a Tenkara type rod this year and am taking two of them plus my regular fly gear with me to Wyoming next month. We're renting a camper and Carrie and Jason are going to set it up for us in the Gros Ventre campground...which has the Gros Ventre river adjoining it. Carrie's BIL is an avid fly fisher, and Kyle has said he'd get me on the Snake and some other spots. Nice thing about those Tenkara rods is that they are very portable, and when we went hiking last year, found a number of great spots to fish.

Lex...it's going to be an epic trip. Jillie and her family is coming from FL, so with Carrie and Smith in Jackson, I will have all my kids and grandkids there for two weeks. Cherie and I are going to fit a little real estate time looking for a home out there since she retires next April.

Dave...you get that way, check Carrie's gallery out. Between her, Jason and my son, Smith...they are great resources about the area. Jason owns Jackson Hole Wildlife Safaris.

Life is really great for a parent when their kids grow up and become functional adult citizens. I am truly blessed. Carrie from a very early age was always going to be an artist. Mom and dad repeatedly told her that she needed to get an education as a "back up". Shows what we knew! It has been fascinating to see just how her art has developed and evolved. I sit in my office and can look at works done in high school to some of her newest art.

Anyhow...just have to brag.

14-Jun-18
beautiful stuff! congrats to her and her parents, well done!

14-Jun-18
Jeff...she didn't get it from me. I can barely draw a straight line using a straight edge.

14-Jun-18
If I ever make it out there I'll be sure to tell her I heard it from her dad. A very talented girl.

27-Jun-18
Update:

Carrie was featured in a 2 page article in the July issue of Cowboys and Indians magazine. A really nice article on her, her art and a few pictures. With the opening of the gallery, she has reached a new plateau in her art career. I am lucky as I sit in my office as I have a number of her works from high school to present and can see the growth and development of her skills. As a high school student, she placed in the Michigan Duck Stamp contest every year. Her first publication was artwork for a story by Brian Cole in Traditional Bowhunter in her junior year. How far she has come...

She and Jason are planning a soft opening of the gallery next month. She has started hanging artwork and sculptors Rip and Allison Caswell have a trailer of bronze sculptures to exhibit. Allison has become famous for sculpting a number of college mascots...she did a wonderful bronze of Michigan State's Sparty who is in the Union Building.

I am truly blessed with the successes of all of my children...sometimes one just needs to share things like this with virtual friends.

27-Jun-18
That’s awesome. My boss who just retired has a summer home in JH and I plan on visiting him soon out there (his wife is actually an artist as well! http://joanbreckwoldt.com). I’ll drop in and say. That’s some beautiful work your daughter does! You have a right to be proud!

27-Jun-18
yes indeed, you are truly blessed, jack! thanks for sharing

27-Jun-18
Sounds and looks like she has a knack for artwork....congrats to the family and her. I just rolled back into town Sunday and there were a few young kids on the flight going to Interlochen for some type of art event. One young kid, maybe 13 or 14, had about 3 or 4 art tablets with his pencil drawings in there. He was a fantastic sketcher.

27-Jun-18
When Carrie was 5, she'd draw a horse or dog in about 2 minutes. We encouraged her to take her time and look at what she was drawing. Fairly early, she got to understand conformation and structure of animals. One defining part of her art is that no matter the color, her animals are always anatomically correct.

Still, we always encouraged her to "get an education" beyond high school. She was accepted to MSU school of engineering, but her heart was in art.

Interlochen is an awesome program for kids and the arts. Hope the kid is encouraged to keep drawing and drawing.

Jason...do you know if Joan is represented in any Jackson gallery? Gallery Wild, being a new venue, may be interested. No matter, she should stop by and meet Carrie (unless she already knows her--the artists all seem to know each other).

We're going to be out there the last two weeks of July, camping in the Gros Ventre campground. Carrie's husband and partner in the gallery owns Jackson Hole Wildlife Safaris and my son works for that company.

27-Jun-18
Jack, I’m not sure. I know she is in Houston, but not sure about Jackson. Pretty sure she was starting to make some more connections there, but not entirely sure how plugged in she is out there! I’m having dinner with my old boss in a few weeks and I’ll be sure to mention Gallery Wild to him :)

27-Jun-18
Her work is fantastic. Anytime you want to brag on her and show us some of her work, do it!

27-Jun-18
Great news Jack! Congratulations to Carrie and you. You must be very proud.

28-Jun-18
Awesome, Sure is some beautiful art work!

28-Jun-18
The picture of the Horses is a beauty. Excellent work.

28-Jun-18
Jason...

I checked out Joan's work. Nice. Wonder if my wife will see about getting a painting for her collection. Our home is like an art gallery. I have over 40 pieces in my office alone!

Carrie does not know Joan; but likes her work (I sent her the link), but thinks it is a little too traditional for her gallery. She's passing her name to Alissa Banks (A. Banks Gallery in Bozemann, MT) where her art might fit better. Be neat if that lead works out for Joan.

When you going to be out there?

30-Jun-18
That’s really nice of you to pass that on, Jack!

Not sure when I’m gonna get to JH. Was hoping this summer/fall but it might not be until next year. I am having lunch with my old boss in a few weeks and will definitely pass these names on to him!

Not sure of Joan’s plans or desires out in JH, but I know a year ago she was in some type of painting competition there and I got the impression she was trying to raise her profile there a bit. Again, there only there part of the year, but it certainly doesn’t hurt to make connections and possibly new friends out there!

17-Jul-18
Gallery Wild is now open...

Carrie had a successful showing at ABanks Gallery in Bozemann last weekend...sold 3 paintings. Headed to Jackson this Friday.

17-Jul-18
Congrats. Best wishes!

18-Jul-18
You have a lot to be proud of there Jack. I look at artistic talent as a true gift from God. The gallery is now on my list for my trip to Jackson Hole.....My son's best man run's a couple of rafting businesses there. I'm planning a trip in the next year or so.

18-Jul-18
Randy...who is he? Jason's company (Jackson Hole Wildlife Safaris) is located next to Jackson Hole Whitewater. Both companies operate out of the same location. Jason's brother has worked for a couple of the whitewater companies besides Jason. He has just launched his own business guiding fishermen.

Can't wait to see Carrie's gallery. Something a little different than most galleries is that they have an open area where Carrie and other artists in her gallery can not only do their art, but interact with visitors. She should also have some bronze sculptures from Rip Caswell who has done some awesome monument work. He did the Admiral Nimitz statue in HI by the Arizona.

Caswell Monuments

Rip's wife, Allison, has made a name for herself doing large sculptures of college mascots. The OU duck was her first and she installed a wonderful Sparty in the Michigan State Union two years ago.

18-Jul-18
I believe it is Jackson Hole Whitewater and the young man's name is Adam Heigel. The business is owned by the Adam's aunt and uncle but I understand that the uncle has just had a pretty serious stroke over the past winter and I believe Adam is filling in that gap right now. They recently bought another operation in the area as well and I'm not sure where Adam is working these days but I understand it's lucky he decided to spend a year or two in Jackson Hole after college. Small world for sure. I can tell you that kid is one hell of a hunter.....he's been whacking and stacking deer since he was 11.

19-Jul-18
Cowboys and Indians magazine had Carrie's article on their page today.

ART GALLERY: CARRIE WILD

Leaving for WY tomorrow...

19-Jul-18
Have a safe trip Jack!! Send our best to Carrie. Let her know that she has some little fans in our house.

19-Jul-18
Have a great trip Jack and tell Carrie this old man loves her art. I don't know how she does it, I can't draw anything except a handgun.

19-Jul-18
Your daughter does beautiful work. You must be very proud. I’m a wildlife biologist and work for a biological consulting company. Her art would cause any biologist in our office to stop and stare. Pure talent. Thanks for sharing.

09-Sep-18
Carrie and Jason had a "soft" opening of their gallery while we were there. This week is the Jackson Hole Fall Arts Festival and they had their formal opening and are having a number of special events during the week.

Nice review:

New Art Gallery Goes “Into the Wild”

Jackson Hole’s newest art gallery is a visual love song to all things wild, from the furry to the feathered to the fabulous landscapes of seemingly endless, untamed spaces. Its name — appropriately — is Gallery Wild.

This delightful cache of creativity on South Glenwood features the jaw dropping and inspiring wildlife paintings and photographs of its owners, Carrie Wild (yes, “Wild” is her actual name!) and her husband, Jason Williams, as well as other artisans.

Although the bright and expansive gallery — located mere steps from Town Square — quietly welcomed passersby the last week of July, the official grand opening was held the eve of Fall Arts Festival, Sept. 4.

“I’ve been a wildlife artist and a photographer for a long time and Jason’s been a photographer for years, too,” Carrie says. “And one thing that I’ve learned with my art is that I really love talking to visitors about it.”

Carrie says she loves watching people’s reactions to her paintings, seeing faces light up and learning what people like and don’t like. That interaction is what inspired her to open the gallery.

“I really wanted to have a place where I could create yet meet with visitors, too, hang my art and represent other wildlife artists as well.”

Both Carrie and Jason have deep roots in the Jackson Hole community and long careers as wildlife artists. Carrie came to Jackson Hole eight years ago to pursue her passion for wildlife art and find inspiration for her work. She spends as much time in the field as possible observing and photographing wildlife in order to better represent the animals and places they live in her work.

Jason moved to Jackson Hole in 1999 to guide float trips on the Snake River. He too fell in love with the Greater Yellowstone region and never looked back. He spent several summers as a river guide and winters as a snowmobile guide in Yellowstone National Park, and found a calling with photography; he soon began shooting professionally. In 2007 he launched Jackson Hole Wildlife Safaris in order to share his passion for wildlife and photography with visitors.

"One thing that is different about this gallery is that I have my working studio back here so people can come in and be a part of the process,” Carrie says. “Other artists can come back here, too, and make it their own studio to work and visit.”

Gallery Wild is hosting a number of events during Fall Arts Festival (see schedule below) and will continue to host special artist receptions and other events throughout the year.

307-699-2077/40 South Glenwood St./Hours: Noon-6 p.m. Monday-Saturday

Gallery Wild’s Fall Arts Festival Schedule of Events

Saturday, Sept.8 – Get Wild: Find Your Inner Artist; 5-8 p.m.

Get wild (or at least get your hands dirty) with Gallery Wild artists as they share their craft with hands on demonstrations including how to sculpt, paint and create outstanding images. You will have the opportunity to experiment with materials, tools and equipment in a working artist studio. Enjoy cocktails, beer and wine, an appetizer or two and great company!

Wednesday, Sept. 12 – Artist Reception for Rip and Alison Caswell; 5-8 p.m.

Don’t miss your opportunity to meet Rip and Alison Caswell! This dynamic husband and wife sculpting duo has work that spans several genres and includes everything from prestigious monuments at Pearl Harbor and beloved university mascots to small collectible pieces to enjoy at home. Cocktails, wine and beer will be served.

Friday, Sept.14 – Artist Reception for Carrie Wild and Jennifer Johnson; 5-8 p.m.

Jennifer Johnson and Carrie Wild invite you to celebrate the wildlife and wondrous landscapes of the west that inspire them. Their contemporary vision of the wild is bold, exciting and fresh while maintaining an accuracy that is difficult to achieve. See their newest works, get inspired and enjoy a great evening of wild art.

Saturday, Sept. 15 – “Life Lived Wild” Artist Celebration; Noon-6 p.m.

Join the Gallery Wild artists to celebrate wildlife, wild places and the experience of wild that inspires their work. Enjoy a curated collection of work by nationally recognized contemporary artists including photography, paintings and sculpture. Gallery Wild artists will be available to answer questions, tell stories and share their process of creation. Enjoy drinks, appetizers and of course, great conversation.

09-Sep-18
Looks great Jack! Congrats to Carrie. And to you too. You must be proud.

Hope to see it in person before too long.

09-Sep-18
Thanks for sharing!

09-Sep-18
Very cool!!!

09-Sep-18
If I wasn't so damn old I would drive out there for a visit but my long traveling days are over.

09-Sep-18
Amazing talent. Very cool.

09-Sep-18
Lex When Cherie and I move out there next year, you'll have to come and stay with us.

22-Oct-18

Finally, Carrie is painting from her shark watching tours. Carrie and Jason run photography tours to film sharks, polar bears, tigers, etc. through Jason's tour company. I am fortunate to go on tour virtually through their photos. The gallery is dong well with some really great artists exhibiting there.

Gallery Wild

22-Oct-18
I really like that one!

28-Feb-19
Carrie and Jason just opened at their new location in Jackson...main drag across from the Wort Hotel. Their initial spot was very successful necessitating finding a larger (and more prominent site). While the article focuses more on the financial aspects, Carrie is especially proud that her gallery will be a center where visitors can see and meet various artists who exhibit in her gallery.

Gallery Wild takes spot on Broadway

After seven months the gallery is expanding.

Gallery Wild is moving to the corner of Glenwood Street and Broadway.

Painter Carrie Wild and photographer Jason Williams opened Gallery Wild in mid-July. Within two months the husband-and-wife duo had already beat their first year’s sales goal.

This week they are moving into a space that is twice as big, allowing them to expand on a successful seven months.

“Had we not opened the smaller space we would have been a little nervous jumping in this big,” Williams said. “But from mid-July through basically Fall Arts [Festival], we just had a really good first couple of months and really exceeded our expectations.”

At the time the News&Guide went to print, Williams was expecting the gallery to open today.

The extra space is nice, he said, and having extra space on Broadway is even better.

“We went from being kind of tucked back a little bit to now really being in this prominent location where we can really put this work front and center,” Williams said. “If you drive down Broadway towards the square you will not be able to miss the work in the windows.”

Gallery Wild is part gallery, part open artist’s studio. On any given day visitors can watch Wild or a visiting artist at work while perusing hung works. All of Gallery Wild’s artwork is contemporary and conservation- or wildlife-focused.

The new Broadway-facing space will allow Gallery Wild to continue business as usual, just bigger. Williams said he and Wild will add a handful of artists to their roster. They also hope to host more visiting artists, artist takeovers and events.

In addition to the gallery business, Williams runs Jackson Hole Wildlife Safaris and operates international photography tours.

At the end of March he and Wild will travel to India and Pakistan to scout for a new tigers and leopards photography tour. In their absence Patricia Griffin will do the first artist takeover of the new space.

Gallery Wild’s new artists will be announced soon.

The greatest gift a parent ever has is seeing their children find success where their dreams lie. Carrie, from her earliest days always wanted to be an artist...and accomplished her dreams in a big way.

For my fellow parents...I wish your children their dreams.

28-Feb-19
Good for them!

28-Feb-19
It's on the bucket list..........:)

16-Mar-19
From the April-May issue of Wesertn Art and Architecture magazine...

Contemporary in Nature

Carrie and Jason are off this coming Tuesday to lead a group of photographers to the Indian Himalayas to see snow leopards. They have been told that a mother and two cubs have been seen in the past week.

Hard to describe the feeling that one has when their children succeed in living their dreams. Life is good.

16-Mar-19
Carrie is living her dream. My son is playing music in Katoomba South Wales today. Played yesterday in Sydney Australia. Our kids are sure getting around.

20-Mar-19

Annony Mouse's Link
While Carrie and Jason are en route to the Indian Himalayas on the snow leopard journey, Rip and Allison Caswell (sculptors who exhibit at Gallery Wild) are representing her at the western art show in Great Falls, Montana.

Side note: those who have visited the Arizona memorial in HI, Rip cast the statue of Admiral Nimitz there. He has done a number of national monuments.

• Sitka Gear