70lbdraw 27-Jun-18
Annony Mouse 27-Jun-18
Treeline 29-Jun-18
JL 29-Jun-18
Jim Moore 30-Jun-18
27-Jun-18

HA/KS's Link
"The Reign of King Neptune, The Navy’s $250 Million Pig"

"By the time the war ended, Lingle and King Neptune had raised over $19 million for the Navy, which in today’s dollars would read more like $250 million. "

"King Neptune finally died in 1950, a couple days short of 8 years old. For his services, King Neptune was given a Navy funeral with full military honors, and buried just outside of Anna under a headstone noting the pig’s efforts “to help make a free world.”"

27-Jun-18

HA/KS's embedded Photo
King Neptune
HA/KS's embedded Photo
King Neptune
Forgot the photo

27-Jun-18
Same here Dirk! That's only time I have ever even heard of him! And this is the FIRST time I heard he was a pig!!?

27-Jun-18
Henry...posts like this make the CF a little fresher and more fun. Kudos.

29-Jun-18
Cool story! Thank you King Neptune for your service!

29-Jun-18
Ha....crossed in 1981. Got a pic somewhere of a short, fat-bellied snipe decked out as King Neptune sitting down christening the Polly's wallowing up to him.

30-Jun-18
86 for me. KingNeptune was a Chief Quartermaster that was about 6 foot 4 and was crowding 350#. After crawling through body bags full of the last few days of soggy stuff from the galley. amongst some other humiliating BS, all in good fun though. Lost the shell back cert when I had some flooding a few years ago. I thought they shut those hazings down in the early 90's though. Someones feelers got hurt I guess. About the time they started letting females on the combatant ships.

• Sitka Gear