BIG BEAR 29-Jun-18
bigeasygator 29-Jun-18
Thumper 29-Jun-18
Thumper 29-Jun-18
BIG BEAR 29-Jun-18
BIG BEAR 30-Jun-18
29-Jun-18

JL's Link
Glad to see this. He was one of 5 Binghamton Rumble Pony players to get selected to the Eastern League All Star game. It's killing the haters, hacks, back-benchers, analysts and sports "experts" that said he couldn't play in the minors...they were proven wrong.

29-Jun-18
good for him.

29-Jun-18
Been hitting really well...Good for him!

29-Jun-18
He’s hitting .261 with 5 home runs in 67 games....in double A........That projects into 12 home runs in a 162 game season...... Not sure how that translates to an all star game.... or to the big leagues for that matter...... But I’m sure having him on the team will translate to selling some tickets to the all star game.....

Michael Jordan thought he could play Major League Baseball too......

29-Jun-18
Got to look at the whole picture. Of the current players on his team with 60+ games under their belt, below is where he stacks up as of today. Probably why he was one of the 5 picked.

Batting Avg: #3

On Base %: #3

Slugging %: #2

OPS %: #2

Errors: #1

He has done good reducing his errors. He has only made 1. Where he needs to improve is on his strike out rate. If he can reduce that, his other relevant stats should go up higher.

29-Jun-18
I’m not trying to be argumentative John.... but a .261 average isn’t exactly tearing the cover off the ball at any level..... regardless if that’s the 3rd best on his team.....(In double A)....

If he needs to cut down on his strikeouts now..... what do you think he would do against big league pitching ?? His average would probably dip to .205 there..... Good for him for trying...... Let me know when he’s made any waves in the bigs.... The best I can think of crossing over were Bo Jackson and Dieon Sanders.....

29-Jun-18
Go Gators!!!!!

29-Jun-18
Within AA he is doing better than avg. He is in the upper half of the stats for the league. Many folks think he will get called up in Sept assuming he stays on the same pace. Of course the NY Mets are stinking the joint up so that might have something to do with too. His next step upward will be the Las Vegas team. His strikeouts, although very high are being compensated for by his other stats. There are a few major leaguers with high strike out rates....however he still needs to reduce those. No doubt his star status is helping him some. I guess we'll see what happens.

29-Jun-18
It’s OK to strike out 200 times a year if you hit 40 home runs..... ha !!! My bet... he’s a flash in the pan that sells some tickets and never amounts to much in the bigs..... we’ll see..... if he’s striking out a lot in AA he’ll be an easy out for big league pitchers.....

29-Jun-18
Go Gators!!

29-Jun-18
Read he can't see the change-up pitch, when he fixes this he'll be called up to the majors.

29-Jun-18
Read he can't see the change-up pitch, when he fixes this he'll be called up to the majors.

29-Jun-18
How do you advertise that you’re going to bring up a guy that’s in AA ball hitting .261 with 5 home runs prone to strike outs to the majors ??? Answer.... his name is Tim Tebow....... he’ll be hopscotching a hell of a lot of guys who have fought their entire lives for that chance that are a hell of a lot better than him......

Bo Jackson hit .250 in the majors with 141 career homers.... Deion Sanders hit .263 with 39 career homers and played in a World Series........Both of them had just over 2,000 at bats in the bigs... not a lot considering the average starter gets about 550 at bats a year..... That’s the best any football player has done that I can recall.... Jackson hit 35 home runs with 105 RBIs in 1989...... Tebow won’t reach those numbers..... just a guess......He threw for 17 career TDs in the NFL...(Matt Stafford of my lowly Detroit Lions has thrown for 216 TDs).......maybe he can top his career TDs in career homers in the majors.....

30-Jun-18
Tebow hasn’t even had an at bat in AAA yet......... here’s a few guys that have..........

Jabari Blash is hitting .337 with 22 home runs and 50 RBIs for Salt Lake..................Socrates Brito is hitting .354 with 12 home runs and 44 RBIs at Reno.............Mike Tauchman is hitting .349 with 12 home runs and 44 RBIs with Albuquerque............. David Fletcher is hitting .350 for Salt Lake ........... and Ronny Rodriguez is hitting .328 for the Tigers affiliate Toledo Mud Hens.......

Ever heard of any of those guys ????? Probably not..... but you’ve heard of that football player hitting .261 in AA ball...... and he’ll get called up to the bigs........ SMH.......

• Sitka Gear