BIG BEAR 04-Jul-18
Bentstick81 04-Jul-18
sleepyhunter 04-Jul-18
HDE 04-Jul-18
BIG BEAR 04-Jul-18
BIG BEAR 04-Jul-18
sleepyhunter 04-Jul-18
29-Jun-18
I haven't been on the Bowsite very much lately, but perusing the threads it occurred to me that Kyle Nvagvup is missing. Hope he's ok.

29-Jun-18
He is on a rifle sheep hunt;)

Hopefully that will get him back.

You know Kyle, I did make two predictions on this last election. I won but still sent my $100 to charity.

I predicted Cruz would not be the Republican nominee and that Hillary would not be the next president of the U.S. You never congratulated me.

Hope all is well.

30-Jun-18
One of those same contingents has been absent for awhile as well. No loss there...

30-Jun-18
Glad to know he's doing well. I miss his knowledge about the economy.

30-Jun-18
It is good to take a break once in awhile. I did when I got on the wrong side of the "contingent". Both sides deserve blame normally, except in my case because I was completely correct.

That was a joke, another attempt at humor. My father always said the only thing funny about me was my looks. He probably is right;)

30-Jun-18
Glad to hear he is doing well. Hope he comes back soon. Smart man.

30-Jun-18
Here I was thinking witness protection....... =D

30-Jun-18
I heard rumors he was running coast to coast then back again.

;-)

Matt

30-Jun-18
He’s running to WV. With a big stick :)

01-Jul-18
KCP, You are correct. I too have talked with my friend Kyle and he is doing great. Just too many minions on here that don't know up from down. I don't post very much for the same reason. After all, his intelligence is a lot higher than 99% of the people spouting off on this site.

01-Jul-18
Sometimes we all spout off from time to time, although there are others who do it with every post.

My favorite is the the guy who is the poster child for every product he uses - they're all the best in the industry...

01-Jul-18
^^^^^^^ELKMAN, I’m guessing ^^^^^^

Concerning Kyle. Yawn. I find his character different from the image some here share. I’m not a minion, a poor sport, or a fool. I’m just a guy that Obviously knows a different Kyle then some of you. Simply put, we are all wrong from time to time. It’s having the character to admit it that makes us the men we should be.

01-Jul-18
People have different ways of admitting their flaws. Some will send a PM, some will go away for awhile etc.

Also takes a man of character to not be so critical how they handle it.

01-Jul-18
Kyle and I have butted heads often. He’s stubborn, egotistical, and a bit of a narcicist, like me.

That said, he could watch my back in a bunker any day, and I hope to hunt with him at some point before the ancient ass croaks. ;-)

Matt

01-Jul-18
It does that HFW. However, when you go against your pride and contact the man that called you liar, cheat, and a fraud, incorrectly at that, to try and make peace with him to move along, and have him do it again from the safety of his home, you get a real good idea f what he is.

01-Jul-18
Guys, we might be getting a little soft here, all these confessions;)

WV, I am Italian. I bet you would find it hard to believe that sometimes my "passion" gets the best of me and I do things I regret. And when my pride gets in the way of doing what is right, I use the "there are two sides to every story" to justify my behavior.

We all have an E personality. Kyle sure gave an intelligent point of view. I have seen at least two threads now asking where he went. That says a lot. Most of us being gone would go unnoticed, or even celebrated;)

01-Jul-18
KPC, Bighorn and others have it right.

The large majority of the CF'ers are folks I like and respect.

But then there are some others, whom I do not..

When I went away, some azzhat whom I will not name called me a coward for leaving.

Yet while I was here, he didn't have the guts, nor, more likely, the intellect, to even once attempt to engage in debate, let alone call me a coward until AFTER I'd left and he was thinking I would not see his post.

So tell me, who is the REAL 'coward?"

To sum up what several others have said here, I've left because too many people here refuse to even attempt to engage in honest and intelligent debate. They are mentally limited to calling those who disagree with them, 'poo-poo heads' and the like, probably because they are intellectually unable to do more than that.

I don't plan on posting again on the CF anytime soon.

01-Jul-18
Hate to see you go NVA. I'm not sure who you're talking about. Are you a coward? No.

01-Jul-18
Man, we need that excitement back;)

01-Jul-18
"I don't plan on posting again on the CF anytime soon."

That seems to go against your handle, brother.

I can certainly relate to taking a CF sabbatical. I did it for almost a decade. I'm sure I wasn't missed, and there probably wasn't any threads asking about me. The fact that you DO have people asking speaks highly of you, my friend. I hope you reconsider, but I understand either way.

Regardless, I hope you stay in touch with me by whatever means you prefer. You bailed on our last hunting plans together, so you owe me at least that. ;-)

Matt

01-Jul-18
Kyle, why not just name the person of whom you speak? You boast of your intelligence but are unable to keep debate on a thread and internet sights differentiated. Goodness, I sure hope you weren't referring to me as I called you that a long time before you left. I can quote and link the thread(s) if need be. Because, it wouldn't be the first time you were wrong when looking at material in that way.

01-Jul-18
Matt, Actually, you were mentioned a time or two that I can remember. You are an intelligent guy just like Kyle, and a bit of an agitator at times. I always read what you post.

I agree Kyle might have to change his handle to 'sometimes'. ;)

01-Jul-18
I see a couple of good reasons to revive TOTs......wish we still had the ability to clean up threads by throwing out the garbage.

03-Jul-18
Many of us have been guilty of taking all of this stuff too personal. I came to that realization about 10 years ago and at that point I was determined to no let anything others post bother me. If someone posted something that caused you to leave the CF, you have probably made the right move as even with all of the bickering and arguing....this is supposed to be fun.

03-Jul-18
Considering the fine things I know about you doing for other people Kyle...it's our loss for sure.

03-Jul-18
The level of discourse in this forum has fallen far, which is why I haven't spent much time here in the last several years. Can't say I would blame anyone for saying "adios".

03-Jul-18
I've taken some time off from the CF over the past several years; a few were related to how the level of discourse had taken a decided downturn but to be honest a few were because I had become part of the problem.

I've always felt that the worst way to convey a point of view is to personalize it; stick to the facts and let things sort out, as they will, when all the facts on all sides are presented and given a fair hearing. It pains me to say that there have been times I've fallen short of that mark and when I summoned up the integrity to admit to myself I imposed my own "time out"; when I could grow up and not let my pride get in the way of a good discussion I came back.

There are a lot of folks who used to post regularly here who are missed, and some of them had contrarian views from the mainstream. I'm happy to see we still have a few of those around as a little reflection on where we stand/who we are/what we believe is never a bad exercise.

I've been blessed to share a few hunts with some of the regulars here and wish time (and finances) allowed me to create a lot more great memories with some great people.

At the end of the day I think it helps to focus on what really matters; our families, our close friends and the love of this great country we all share.

Have a fantastic 4th everyone and stay well!

Mike

03-Jul-18
You also Mike. Thanks!

03-Jul-18
I think people here are taking the CF way too seriously. A debate is just that a debate. All you have to do is not click on the political threads and you can just choose to talk about guns or whatever if you want. Only liberals throw a tantrum when someone does not agree with them and you guys are better than that. My 2 cents.

03-Jul-18
"Only liberals throw a tantrum when someone does not agree with them...."

Not always true. IMO they are far more likely, but there are some on here who claim to be conservative, but are also pretty quick to go to the gutter.

If the facts are on your side and you know it, there is never a reason to resort to personal attacks, fake information, or similar tactics.

03-Jul-18
Yes. I agree. The problem is not debate. The problems arise when people call those that don't agree with them liars, cheaters, frauds, etc... Look to this thread for proof. This will be the second one in which I've been called trash by Kyle's buddy's. Simply because I stated what they didn't want to hear about Kyle.

You are correct Henry. Message received. Thank you for the words of wisdom.

04-Jul-18
I’ve been on the Bowsite as long or longer than most here.... since 1995 I believe.........

And what I see in the Community Forum is a lot of very hard right leaning opinionated people who think they own the place.......

If anyone questions their hard right opinions.... it is sport to shout them down to the point of being downright nasty...... Some guys on here act like they’re 12 years old with their stupid captioned pictures of vultures or other childish stuff intended to poke at people........

Someone recently said the CF wears on a guy..........and it’s true......

But I have no idea why it should be like that.......

04-Jul-18
No kidding JTV. I don't know if i need a towel or a mop. 8^)

04-Jul-18
Careful JTV, you may get called a bigot.

04-Jul-18
CF is to discuss everything else, but there are needed some "meant to be understood" guidelines.

I often wonder if some on here are the same way in business...

04-Jul-18
Maybe if Michelle Obama runs for President you can vote for her too Sleepy.....

04-Jul-18
After he helped to elect him.....TWICE !!!!! Ha !!!!! Thanks Obama..... thanks Sleepy !!!! How can you really be a bigot when you voted for Barack Hussein Obama...... twice ???

04-Jul-18
I'll vote twice for Trump. He is the man who can keep the riff raff out of the USA. No worries.

• Sitka Gear