BIG BEAR 06-Jul-18
Zim1 06-Jul-18
lawdy 06-Jul-18
Jim in Ohio 06-Jul-18
Brotsky 06-Jul-18
BIG BEAR 06-Jul-18
Jim in Ohio 06-Jul-18
05-Jul-18
My general important items for a divorced bowhunter.

05-Jul-18
My general important items for a divorced bowhunter.wake up and have a good breakfast,shoot a couple of practice shots in the back yard.couple of coffees on the deck,look at the overgrowed flower beds,maybe trim a path to the deer target.mow grass when needed,facing a hedge along the house front.found the big orange cord for the trimmers.look out Saturday.run sweeper Sunday.house needs painted,maybe next year.now its getting bow and arrows set up for this year.and its important to save time for some steaks on the grill and some blue ribbons.divorce has to be what ya make it.

05-Jul-18
In my opinion if the woman left ya,well ain't no need to try to beg your way back in.all in all,your a better man on your own.six years now,not looking,won't get fried again.

05-Jul-18
Sounds like It worked Out great for you

05-Jul-18
You probably shouldn't drink so much... Ed F

05-Jul-18
Yup, watch the alcohol. It’s great in moderation. Enjoy life. Some guys are better off “renting” if you get my drift. Good luck to you.

05-Jul-18
I'm just waiting for Zim to chime in on this thread about his lazy, chicken fried steak eating while laying on the couch watching Jerry Springer ex wife!

05-Jul-18
Yep.... only one man more pissed off at the world about his divorce than Box Call...... and that’s Zim.....

05-Jul-18
Now topgun, that is downright hilarious!!!!

Dude, boxcall....you post an awful lot of, woe is me.

Man move on. I encourage you. Move on. Between your retirement post and all your divorce posts, you’d better be careful. Nashville will get you as a song writer.

But in all seriousness, for your mental health, focus on the positive things. You plant corn, you get corn. You plan beans, you get beans. I think you get my drift.

05-Jul-18
I think Box sounds better in this thread than his others. That is good! Enjoy yourself (and good luck with your son).

05-Jul-18
I love my life and family. Great wife and two amazing kids. Between busting my tail with a new business venture, kids sports, home projects, extended family events and some other stuff I probably should be doing but can't fit in right now, I have almost zero free time. Wouldn't trade places with anyone.

Life throws changes at all of us. Accept the new normal and embrace a chance to do what you want, when you want while it lasts. One of those life changes may be right around the corner and you'll be tearing the garage apart looking for those hunting arrows at midnight before season opens because you were too busy being pulled in 100 directions to get it done sooner :^)

05-Jul-18
1. New gal, one that bowhunts, camps via canoe and backpack, fishes with you or doesn't bug you about it when you go. Oh yeah my second wife.

Doesn't bowhunt with me any more but we had a blast turkey hunting this spring. Also gave me my son the best hunting, fishing buddy so far.

05-Jul-18
I swore off women after my divorce. I had enough of relationships and that’s when I met my best friend who became my wife. God bless the broken road...

Hang in there boxcall. There are better days ahead if u let them happen. When u walk around with your head down all u see is the the cold hard ground.

06-Jul-18
This time of year the doe will hide their fawns in the tall grass, its best to wait until after deer season to mow.,,,,,;}

06-Jul-18
My parasite's replacement retires Monday, finally got her US resident visa and arrives Thursday permanent thank god. Talk about work ethic. She had a job interview lined up in Toronto before she even retired! And her mom worked at a steel mill in China for 30 years, 8 of it shoveling slag. Raised 3 kids solo when her husband died from TB very young. I'm at home now, and truly impressed by my new humble hard working family. The wife will accompany me on her first trip out west in August, visiting family in CO & NV, doing Bryce Canyon, drop in on my buddy's UT elk hunt, then my own WY mule deer hunt. After 2018, I'll get a 3 month hunting season hall pass every year. After much deliberation and four years of planning, this is the way this divorced bowhunter chose to go. Just need to find an honest woman with an authentic work ethic. Just say no to entitlement frauds.

06-Jul-18
Does Your parasites replacement have a sister for Box Call ?

06-Jul-18
Yes but she's already taken.

06-Jul-18
Find another woman, there's a lot of them out there.

06-Jul-18
Married 54 years to the same woman and she used to hunt with me.

06-Jul-18
Box Call I haven't been on this earth as long as you have but in my years here I have found that life is what you make of it. I was divorced 12 years ago. I made the choice that she would not control me for one more day. I met the most amazing woman shortly after and now she is my best friend and hunting partner and we have an amazing family together. Your ex is still controlling you and ruining your life to this day because you let her. Retirement could be some of the best years of your life. Do you want to spend them controlled by someone or are you going to take control of your life and live the years you have left to the fullest? No one can make that choice but you. You have a lot of support and sympathy here but at some point you need to step up and own your problems and make your life better.

06-Jul-18
I think Box Call Dan posts some of these threads late night and then never checks them again....... He’s a good generous guy..... just needs to get his mind right....

06-Jul-18
the last thing I would want in the universe is for my wife to hunt with me.....and she is good with that.

06-Jul-18
Really Straight Arrow, we had a lot of fun and she has killed two nice deer. She didn't care for it that much but did do a good job with me. She could see them before I could. Of course, gun hunting only.

• Sitka Gear