Fivers 08-Jul-18
Woods Walker 08-Jul-18
slade 08-Jul-18
Woods Walker 08-Jul-18
elkmtngear 08-Jul-18
Woods Walker 08-Jul-18
07-Jul-18

IdyllwildArcher's Link
Democrats cry foul about losing the SCOTUS pick that ended up going to Gorsuch, but they have no one but themselves to blame.

If RBG dies within the next two years (six if DJT is reelected), the SCOTUS will be conservative for a very long time.

07-Jul-18
There's actually a crazy scenario whereas DJT doesn't get his second pick, Dems win back the Senate and won't let him nominate anyone, RBG dies, DJT gets relected, and then the SCOTUS has a conservative majority with a 7-member bench.

It starts a precedent where neither side will allow a president to nominate anyone. Two decades later, it's just Gorsuch, Roberts, and Sotomayor left alive and they're trying to outlive each other because last man standing makes all the rules.

07-Jul-18
Yes...FDR tried to pack the court and was stopped. Alot of fascinating history with him and what he tried to pull off. Many believe he prolonged the Great Depression with his policies and was bailed out by WWII.

07-Jul-18
Trump's second pick will be confirmed before the min-term elections. There's going to be a full court when it reopens in Oct.

07-Jul-18

HA/KS's Link
Did Hatch let the she-cat out of the bag?

"And I will devote all my energies to ensuring that we confirm the kind of Supreme Court justice America needs: a justice who says what the law is, not what she wants it to be; a justice who calls balls and strikes instead of swinging for the fences

- Orrin Hatch"

07-Jul-18
"I would like to see him push Amy Coney Barrett forward..."

She is my pick as well.

07-Jul-18
In the legal world, a lot of people use "she" rather than "he" so Hatch's comment is likely meaningless.

08-Jul-18

HA/KS's Link
This is a good article about six justices that are considered to be top candidates. I found the last one particularly intriguing.

08-Jul-18
Yeah - forcing them to live by the same law(s) we do.

The very thought of it...

08-Jul-18
I believe Trump will announce Thomas Hardiman as his next pick.

The Rock

08-Jul-18
I have a feeling that once Trump gets his next pick in, RBG will step down since she’ll never see a case go her way ever again. Since she likes to rule with emotion rather than law.

08-Jul-18
Hmmm....never thought of that angle Fivers. Interesting...........

08-Jul-18
And these snowflakes vote, Liberalism is a mental disorder.

08-Jul-18
How do these morons manage to wipe themselves when they are THAT frigging stupid??

08-Jul-18

elkmtngear's Link
Dems are squirming...message is now, "sacrifice your Senate Seat to block the SCOTUS nominee" !

08-Jul-18
Tomorrow should be VERY entertaining!

• Sitka Gear