itshot 19-Jul-18
Bowbender 19-Jul-18
MT in Mo/Cell 19-Jul-18
Bentstick81 19-Jul-18
TD 20-Jul-18
WV Mountaineer 20-Jul-18
WV Mountaineer 20-Jul-18
09-Jul-18
Trump wants to meet with Putin alone, with no other aides present on either side, in Helsinki this month. That means no note-takers, witnesses, or official record.

Can anyone say how or why this would benefit America? What’s the purpose of this meeting? Americans deserve to know because the president works for the American people.

And why doesn't Trump want any witnesses in the room while speaking with Putin? That's not suspicious at all.

09-Jul-18
I'm OK with it--Get over it !!!!

09-Jul-18
dont worry, he will have more flexibility after the election....dumbass

09-Jul-18
"And why doesn't Trump want any witnesses in the room while speaking with Putin"?

Gee, I dunno, maybe it's because every spoken word has the potential to be taken out of context, doused with liberal sauce, and used in Broadcast Warfare???

09-Jul-18
It would seem that a transcript of the meeting would be actual words. No way to make it biased if you read the exact words. BUT with no witness and no recording, the speculating will explode. Seems pretty simple. Without a record, there tends to be stories told/leaked etc. with a record, well just read the words!

And Kent, can you come up with a single reason to appease Putin? He’s not backed away from Crimea. It’s confirmed that he’s involved in several elections including our own. He’s known to kill or have killed political opponents and he regulalry mocks NATO, our alliances and the US.

So what’s in it for America and what’s in it for trump?

09-Jul-18
Russia is a major power. We have a lot of friction with them but we also have common enemies. We have worked with them in the past to defeat common enemies. maybe when discussing those enemies its best to not broadcast it.

09-Jul-18
"you stool samples on the left wig out over Trump doing it." Good one, tru. LOL 8^)

09-Jul-18
"And why doesn't Trump want any witnesses in the room while speaking with Putin? That's not suspicious at all." Because you assfick libshitts will take everything out of context and edit the conversation.

09-Jul-18
"And why doesn't Trump want any witnesses in the room while speaking with Putin? That's not suspicious at all." Because you assfick libshitts will take everything out of context and edit the conversation.

09-Jul-18
I thought Putin didn't speak English. How would they communicate?

09-Jul-18
PECO, how could you edit actual words in the transcript of the recording?

"lets work together on this and that and this is how we'll do it" if that was said, how can one edit this?

Lets be intellectually honest here, huh? Its very suspicious that trump would not want even his closest advisers in on the meeting. If you can't see that, you are willfully blind and ignorant. So just come out and say it. "I blindly follow anything trump does and says". I'd have a little more respect for you, although I'd be a bit concerned.

09-Jul-18
Trump wants to meet with Putin alone, with no other aides present on either side, in Helsinki this month. That means no note-takers, witnesses, or official record. Can anyone say how or why this would benefit America?"Trump wants to meet with Putin alone, with no other aides present on either side, in Helsinki this month. That means no note-takers, witnesses, or official record. Can anyone say how or why this would benefit America?"

It won't benefit anyone but Trump and Putin, because they will both proclaim it a political victory of YUGE proportions for their respective sides. Can you say "dog and pony show"?

Matt

09-Jul-18
Putin speaks english pretty well.

18-Jul-18

gflight's Link
"Recall that George W. Bush entered the White House promising to end the "dead ideological rivalry" of the Cold War. At a 2001 summit with Putin in Slovenia, Bush declared, "I looked the man in the eye. I found him very straightforward and trustworthy -- I was able to get a sense of his soul."

President Barack Obama tried to appease Putin by giving in to the Russian leader's demands that we cancel our missile-defense plan with Poland and the Czech Republic -- and did it on the 70th anniversary of the Soviet invasion of Poland.

And while serving as Obama's secretary of state, Hillary Clinton humiliated herself when she gave Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov a giant red button with the word "reset" on it (which, adding insult to injury, misspelled the Russian word for "reset" to read "overload")."

18-Jul-18

18-Jul-18
One on one, you can have a VERY frank conversation and say EXACTLY what you mean, and tell him exactly what you expect of him. And there's no live coverage of the conversation that would require either of them to act more defensively in order to save face with their people. You get your point across, essentially telling him, "F with us some more, and we'll stomp you into the ground." You come to an understanding.

Then, when you're in public and the cameras are rolling, you play the good little politicians, and say all the nicey nice thing you're supposed to say to be "Diplomatic". Both sides get to look good to the outside world, and to their people.

Have you never had to pull someone aside and say, "OK here's the deal..." before you deal with them in a public setting?

I thought it was obvious why they had a private face to face.

18-Jul-18
Why would he need his aides? If he's prepared for the meeting, he knows what they'd tell him. So, with the aides in the room: - more "leak" options - they are useless unless you are going to stop the meeting for a side meeting to hear what they think, this then tells Putin "got him".

Trump is a business man, he's prepared, he's going 1-1. Besides it's not 1-1, both have translators with them.

18-Jul-18
Lol...Keep trying!

18-Jul-18
Now the liberals want to subpoena the interpreter to testify.

18-Jul-18
I have it on good authority that Trump and Putin talked about their grandchildren.

18-Jul-18
putin and trump had a private meeting. Trump specifically asked for a private meeting. He also won't tell us Americans what was said in that meeting. So who is hiding what here? He works for the American people. He is not to be trusted as evidenced by this past week and several other 'mispeakings'. If he promised Putin things, we need to know. If he cut any deals, we need to know. He is not a dictator or king. Subpoena the interpreter and lets get to the bottom of this already.

18-Jul-18

Annony Mouse's Link

18-Jul-18

18-Jul-18
Obama "wanted" to strengthen Russia. But it took Trump to do it-Winning!

18-Jul-18
18-Jul-18
Russia demands proof of ‘nonsense’ election meddling claims

Wash Exam-

Russia’s ambassador to the U.S. on Wednesday said the Trump administration needs to provide proof that Russian officials meddled in the 2016 election, or stop talking about it. (continued at link)

Rather embarrassing for Mueller and cohorts for the Russians' demand to see proof of the accusations. One small fact not heard over the caterwauling of the "Trump is traitor" horde is that no matter what they want to accuse the Russians of...the core of our legal system is that one is innocent until proven guilty. Yet all we have seen is the accusations and emoting from the usual TDS talking heads...and hero Mueller has passed this case away such that there will never be any trial or exposure of facts...just a hyped branding of guilt by accusation.

Trump should issue an executive order declassifying every single document, email, voice recording WRT the entire movement to destroy the foundation of our Constitution.

19-Jul-18
Spike Bull.... BINGO!!!

19-Jul-18
Just an observation KPC, just an observation. You can call a BINGO to anything you want. Spike posted something that was true, and i agreed with him. Period.

19-Jul-18
Oh, and by the way. Have you noticed that paulz is on more than ever since i quit responding to him? He's doing exactly what i said he would.

19-Jul-18
KPC. It isn't going to matter how long anyone ignores him. After nearly 40 fake registrations, and you think ignoring him will work? Not a chance.

19-Jul-18
How come no notes or record of the private meeting?

Why is no one allowed to verify if he cut a secret deal w Putin?

Of course Putin recorded the meeting. Nobody could seriously doubt that. Because not even Putin trusts trump and Putin is a professional at what he does. Trump is strictly a foreign relations amateur.

somewhere a guy named Rex is holding a glass with a good single malt saying "I told you he was a moron”!

19-Jul-18
go powder your nose and relax paulicia, none of your input amounts to anything, anywhere

19-Jul-18
Change your tampon too. I think you're suffering from TSS.

19-Jul-18
Paul,

They talked about their grandchildren.

19-Jul-18
Good one...HfW...lol

19-Jul-18
I got to admit H for W. That was a good one. I also would have to throw in Tru's, Itshot's , and Bowbender's in there as well. 8^)

20-Jul-18
Aaaahhh.... Most psychologists are full of it......

=D

20-Jul-18
Come on Kevin. Only real tough guys with false registrations call a former president a parasite, race baiting pimp.

20-Jul-18
Kevin is not the enemy. Sometimes he gets irritating. But, he’s the same day in and day out. I rarely disagree with him. I just sometimes want to set down face to face with him. I’m certain I’d get the same response in person as I would on the screen. As would I from many here. Can’t dispute that. Only thing is he gets a goat for certain people and he really drives it home. In his way. It’s the same thing the tough guys are doing, only in a different way.

Which is why I don’t buy into his last description for everyone. I can tell who it would apply to here though. So, it’s not all wrong. Nor is he immune from it. He just does it differently.

You want to know a calm cat. TD. He is always on the factual side of things and, never has to my knowledge, posted a purely emotional response. Can’t say that for anyone else. And, I watch them all. So, let’s all strive to be more like Tom. This would be a better place.

20-Jul-18
Kevin, I will be the first to say that the reason this “goat” starts is undoubtably due to a person posting something contradictory to what you believe. And, in this day and time, it’s easy to do that when the need is to do so. So, calling their sources bias doesnt nessecarily indicate it’s wrong or not correct. I do agree with your points. But, on matters of personal interest, opinions are what you are going to get. From anyone. Including you.

I do agree that people expect sides. And, most want to categorize others into “with us”or “against us” teams. I don’t know why. But, all of us exhibit that

I happen to think that in all but the rarest instances, you are determined to base your opinion on reality. It’s only issues that’s been close to you personally that facts or what we had as facts, didn’t seem to sway your opinion.

20-Jul-18
I bet there are some people wondering how they can get on that short list;)

You know I am just kidding, seriously. You always have posts backed by facts and we appreciate that.

• Sitka Gear