bowbender77 10-Jul-18
JD 10-Jul-18
SB 10-Jul-18
JTV 10-Jul-18
JD 10-Jul-18
JTV 11-Jul-18
10-Jul-18

spike78's Link
Never thought you could kill a big game animal with a blowgun but I guess you can.

10-Jul-18
Back in Jr High, there was a book in the library I read multiple times about a guy who used various implements to hunt with .... Blowguns was one of em ... I have a 4.5 ft one at home right now ... Ive killed chipmunks, sparrows and a few rabbits with it ... Cabelas has a large caliber Blowgun, the darts are very heavy duty ... looked pretty neat ... I may get it one of these days ... I got to be pretty accurate with mine, hitting a baseball at ten yds pretty regular ..

10-Jul-18
By whatever means, Tim Wells is a killing machine.

10-Jul-18

JD's Link
JTV - The book was called "A Sporting Chance" by Daniel Mannix. Our library had a copy too.... my parents wouldn't let me get a giant cane toad to catch sparrows though...

I did make several bolos with old lead pipe joints I found in the garage. Got pretty good with them. Wicked impact when the weights would wrap around a telephone pole.

10-Jul-18
What a joke

10-Jul-18
JD, didnt he also use a Cheetah to chase down pronghorn or something like that .... yea, and those boomerangs too in the book .....

10-Jul-18
Yep he trained a cheetah to hunt antelope.

Bolos, blowguns, boomerangs, falconry...and giant toads...

11-Jul-18

JTV's Link
Yea, it was one of my favorites in Jr. High.... the and the book about Joseph McConnell "Sabre Jet Ace" ... a movie was made about him with Alan Ladd starring ..

https://www.amazon.com/Sabre-jet-ace-American-adventure/dp/B0007E5F0Y

• Sitka Gear