Jim in Ohio 20-Jul-18
Jim in Ohio 20-Jul-18
bb 20-Jul-18
DL 20-Jul-18
Jim in Ohio 21-Jul-18
jjs 21-Jul-18
Zbone 22-Jul-18
11-Jul-18
I got caught up watching this guy's rat hunting vids. I didn't know mink were such aggressive hunters. Excellent team work between the mink and dog.

11-Jul-18
Mink are real killers. I know a guy that raised racing greyhounds, if they didn't run good he gave them to a mink farm and they ate the dogs.

11-Jul-18
That dog is a rat killer!

11-Jul-18
That's some cool stuff. I have never even seen a mink

11-Jul-18
Remarkable teamwork.

11-Jul-18
That was something else. If you can train a dog and a mink to hunt together you're awesome.

12-Jul-18
I was waiting for the dog to snatch up the mink....

That was alot of dead vermin. A couple P&Y! Great job.

12-Jul-18
That's pretty cool. Unfortunately that dogs hunting days are over.

18-Jul-18
Seen videos of this minkman before,,, cool stuff...

My granddad told me when he was a youngster, he and buddies used to have pet ferrets they'd muzzle and send down rabbit holes and then run the exiting rabbits with Beagles... They muzzled them so they wouldn't kill the rabbits because if they did they wouldn't come out they stay and feed... Said it was nothing to kill 30 to 50 rabbits a day...

18-Jul-18
This is the coolest thing I've seen in a long time.

18-Jul-18
Z my grand did the same thing . Wish I could have seen that

18-Jul-18

DL's Link
I can watch these for way too much time. I hate rats. Brock also has a video on catching muskrats. Here’s a UK ratting video.

18-Jul-18
I was raised on a mink farm. My dad had over 5000 mink just before pelting season. They are killers, but were always wild so if they were loose you had a heck of a time catching them. Not many dogs would kill a mink, they can fend for themselves. We handled them with heavy leather gloves and their bite would feel like a vise. Of all the mink we had in those years, I was only able to tame one that I could handle with my bare hands.

19-Jul-18
Hey Jim, do domestic mink have an oder like domestic ferrets?... Thanks

19-Jul-18
Yes, even worse. We had a few ferrets, they didn't smell near as bad and were easy to tame. Mink can even emit odor like a skunk when they are handled but it isn't as bad and doesn't last long.

19-Jul-18
Thanks Jim, was always curious about that since I'd never handled a live mink... Suspected it though since all weasels have musk glands, just didn't know how strong theirs were...

20-Jul-18
Mink, weasels, Fisher........all VERY musky

20-Jul-18
I raised a few in high school. I caught a giant pocket gopher live one day. I brought it home and dropped it in the cage with a small female. Man what a fight. She would attack it for a couple minutes then stop, get a drink and rest thenattack again.

20-Jul-18
I assume since wolverines and badgers are also part of the weasel family, they too have the musk gland and stink when threatened?

20-Jul-18
We had some giant mink from Canada, Alaska. Called Kuskaquim or something like that. You couldn't hardly get your hand around a big male. Actually they were a bit tamer then most of the other mink even though they came right from the wild. We used them to breed size into our other mink.

20-Jul-18

Jim in Ohio's embedded Photo
Here is one of those big mink. Sorry it came out sideways. The other photo is of the mink ranch and all the sheds we had to house 5000 mink.

20-Jul-18
Growing up, one of my good friends father had a mink farm, he also trapped and bought and sold furs. The one thing that stuck in my mind about the mink when you put the gloves on and reached in to grab a mink, you didn't have to reach far the bite was almost instantaneous and even through the glove you could feel the power and they would not let go on their own. I would never want one clamping on my unprotected hand.

20-Jul-18
A few years back up in Silverton Oregon A bunch of Animal rights idiots released hundreds of mink from a mink ranch.

21-Jul-18
Yea I remember that. Stupid Animal rights whackos.

21-Jul-18
DL, that happen recently here in Mn., the mink did not survive for very long that were loose, I think they picked up between 4-500 dead mink that were found.

22-Jul-18
Bet not many small creatures in the area survived either...8^)

• Sitka Gear