Grey Ghost 16-Jul-18
WV Mountaineer 16-Jul-18
Grey Ghost 16-Jul-18
slade 16-Jul-18
gflight 16-Jul-18
Amoebus 16-Jul-18
16-Jul-18

nijimasu's Link
Last year I started a Go Fund me account for a friend of mine with cancer- thank you very much to all of you that contributed to it- he's doing much better and was able to remain in his home thanks to that GFM. If his cancer stays away he should be able to continue he and his family's life.

I'm going to post a link to another GFM account. I'm not asking anyone to contribute to this, I'm just asking your opinion on it. This man was a student of mine before he joined the Navy with hopes of becoming a SEAL. Is his situation one you'd feel good about sharing with people you know, or is it the opposite?

16-Jul-18
Opposite. I would never solicit charity for a stranger.

Matt

16-Jul-18
Matt has once again assume something that hasn’t been said. But, that is usual for who is quickly becoming the biggest troll on the community forum. Hey Matt, read what the op posted. He isn’t a stranger. Might not be well know. But, he id known.

To the topic, I have zero problems with helping those in need. However, His sounds more like someone who is having problems. Not someone needing funding for their existence. So, no I would not share his story.

16-Jul-18
WV,

Both the OP and the GFM guy are strangers to me.

Matt

16-Jul-18
So is the red cross, united way etcc.... a closet democrat always see the glass half empty

16-Jul-18
I am very particular who I donate to and won't recommend unless I know it's legit. My name and reputation are of great value to me and I won't allow my character to be tarnished.

16-Jul-18
Nijimasu - my wife's youngest brother just had a leg amputated at the hip due to cancer and his gfm page didn't extend beyond family and friends. My wife and I picked up 2nd jobs in order to make some extra money for him and his family. I saw his plight as legit for a page but never dreamed of spreading it to strangers.

People are willing to help out strangers going through extreme hardship but your student doesn't come across as in that bad of straights. Many of us had multiple jobs in college and/or had to live temporarily in a cheaper house/apartment/with parents. It is harder when you have step-kids but I have done that too. If friends are willing to help him, all the best but my extra will be going where it is needed. Best of luck.

• Sitka Gear