btb 19-Jul-18
BowSniper 19-Jul-18
BowSniper 19-Jul-18
btb 19-Jul-18
BowSniper 19-Jul-18
Bob H in NH 20-Jul-18
MK111 20-Jul-18
18-Jul-18
This guy had a recurve with a laser sight and shot an apple with a ring in it and the ring was in the arrow in the target. Not much detail about the shot, arrow or the laser. Did the arrow follow the laser? Was the laser in the arrow? Why did the arrow fly with no arc?

18-Jul-18
Ok I'll bite, what is an AGT?

18-Jul-18
IMHO the arrow didn't follow the laser beam, the laser was on the bow, the laser was not on the arrow. And of course the arrow had a arch in it's flight. At short distant the arch may be small to the human eye. Gravity can't be beat.

18-Jul-18
The ring was never in the apple. He put in on the arrow prior to shooting. Not sure how the apple was perfectly split though. Don't think laser had anything to do with it.

18-Jul-18
I saw a video on line explaining the trick. Dont want to ruin it for everyone just yet until you all enjoy watching the stunt. It was VERY cool to watch!

19-Jul-18
that bow had almost no bend in it. No way it was the shooter of that arrow.

19-Jul-18
What is the trick, BowSniper.

19-Jul-18
It's a 3 part trick brilliantly timed and performed. (1) As he gets on the spinning platform he ditches the real arrow and only draws back a string with fletchings that retract into a spool concealed in the bow. The laser helps distract from all that.

(2) the thick platform holding the apple conceals a spring loaded blade that arcs from one side to the other cutting the apple. That is why its a pretty clean cut that an arrow would never make. You can see a thin line in the center of black fabric on the apple tray.

(3) the ring is removed from the apple as the core is pressed back in with sleight of hand. And then ring is placed on an arrow waiting at the target and hidden behind a black cloth in vertical position. The arrow is spring loaded to swing up into positon at the fake shot. You can kind of catch the pivot motion of the arrow rotating up to the target. And fletchings keep the ring from flying off.

The archer hits a button at the shot that activates the props together. Very cool trick! He did this same trick on the "Britain's Got Talent" show and you can see some of the props working more clearly then.

19-Jul-18
At the moment where camera shows arrow "hit" target, you can see a vertical line under the arrow where it swung up and out if the frame. Looks very much like a shadow.

19-Jul-18
Thanks, that's a lot of trickery..

19-Jul-18

BowSniper's Link
On another season of AGT, a guy took a flaming crossbow bolt to the jugular. But THAT was an accident. Wow!

20-Jul-18
Does anyone really think they would have let him shoot an arrow at Heidi Klum?

20-Jul-18
The AGT watching crowd would expect the act as fact. IMO it's a waste of time as I would rather watch ants on my sidewalk. At least I would learn something useful.

• Sitka Gear