Community
Contributors to this thread:
Scar Finga 19-Jul-18
Joey Ward 19-Jul-18
Amoebus 19-Jul-18
Thunderflight 19-Jul-18
Scar Finga 19-Jul-18
19-Jul-18
I ordered several hundred dollars in front end parts for one of my vehicles from carid.com. As I was putting it together, I realized that both of the inner and outer wheel bearing were not the right size. I also did not receive a critical link bolt that I needed. Carid showed it as delivered.

So I started emailing them to rectify the situation. What should have been a few emails in a day, and probably 15-20 minutes of my time, turned into 5 days of multiple emails from me, very limited email responses from them, several phone calls, several hours of my time, and finally being told that my refund/ exchange was going to take 7-10 days to clarify/process because they had to "investigate" why their supplier didn't send the right parts and all the parts (This is their problem, not mine)... and I was going to have to pay for the return shipping of the wrong parts... All this while my car is sitting in my garage.

So, I ordered the correct parts from a different company and received them in two days... Job completed. Here is where it gets interesting, after wasting all my time and putting me off, I did three or four online reviews about them for which they are notified. Within the hour, they processed my return, emailed me approximately 5 times and are refunding my money. This may just be me ranting, but I wouldn't want anyone else to have to deal with this so I thought I would post it here. Absolutely horrible customer service for an on-line retailer.

Just as a side note, I had put new upper control arms from Moog on this vehicle about a year ago. I ordered them from Rockauto.com (some of the parts for this vehicle are hard to find at NAPA or Autozone etc...) The bushings on the control arm wore out really fast and I contacted them about it. That same day they sent out a new set and told me to just put the old ones in the boxes and return them with the included packing slip. That's good customer service!

Just me ranting and raving:)

Have a blessed day gents!

19-Jul-18
Rock auto has been pretty good for me.

19-Jul-18
That sucks!

But thanks for the warning. Even though I’ve not heard of carid.

With 6 vehicles to maintain, and a few others for family members, I’ve never had a bad experience with rockauto or autopartswarehouse. And I’ve ordered lots of parts. :-)

Always fast shipping and delivery, correct and quality parts, fair costs, and usually free shipping.

Other than lots of sweat and some scraped knuckles, no complaints. :-)

19-Jul-18
I have had good luck with both rockauto and carid - but, it is harder to determine their true character until something goes wrong. Thanks for the review.

19-Jul-18
I've used Carid a few times with no problems.

BTW they give a 10% military discount too.

19-Jul-18
I have used them several times as well, No Issues... it wasn't until I had an issue that I realized that that their return policy and customer service policy is horrible! On top of all the above I spent 25 minutes on the phone today with Fed ex explaining what happened, just to satisfy the claim... More wasted time!

• Sitka Gear